More GiantBomb Servers

#1 Posted by CaptainTryHard (207 posts) -

Can we get some more GiantBomb servers up and running? As I know of, we only have 1. Let's get more with different types of options. I've tried to contribute myself, but I couldn't get my friend to connect so I gave up.

#2 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

Not sure why that would be necessary. It's far cooler with one tricked out world than several empty ones.

#3 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -

There are talks of moving to a better server, so the connectivity issues should be resolved once that happens. What sort of "options" are you looking for? Do you mean just multiple servers to choose from, or a different configuration on the server? I don't know that we really need more than one. Why not try the Tested server, or some other server? Tested has some Giant Bomb guys in there, but ideally there shouldn't be any further segregation of the community than that. Go where the people already are.

#4 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

If you want another one, just set it up.

#5 Posted by Capum15 (5025 posts) -

There's the Tested Server, Krakns' server, FunExplosions' server, and the Giantbomb Alpha server.

#6 Posted by CaptainTryHard (207 posts) -
@LordAndrew: I mean different servers for different styles of play. One hell-world server to goof off in, one build-only server with no enemies, and one regular server for co-op. Plus sometimes the Giantbomb server is full.  

@Capum15 said:
" There's the Tested Server, Krakns' server, FunExplosions' server, and the Giantbomb Alpha server. "
Are those all alpha servers? My bad for not doing enough searching on the forums though.
#7 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -

Are all those servers functional? I know there's been difficulties with some of them.

@CaptainTryHard said:

" @LordAndrew: I mean different servers for different styles of play. One hell-world server to goof off in, one build-only server with no enemies, and one regular server for co-op. Plus sometimes the Giantbomb server is full. "
Which server is full? I've never seen that on FunExplosions' server. It's just not terribly reliable, so you may not always be able to get on successfully. The existing servers are all about building, and I think that's what most people want. It's still too buggy for a decent multiplayer survival experience unfortunately, so it always just ends up being about building. Always building.
#8 Posted by Meteora (5789 posts) -

Krakn's server seems to have fallen in activity since his server crashed for a week or so. I haven't hopped on and see if its still remotely active. 

Also hell isn't functional just yet in multiplayer.

#9 Posted by bibamatt (1091 posts) -
@CaptainTryHard: Pretty sure hell and survival aren't doable in multiplayer yet.
#10 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -

You can't get to The Nether through portals, but maybe he means hellworld=true?

#11 Posted by CaptainTryHard (207 posts) -
@LordAndrew: Yes
#12 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -
@CaptainTryHard said:
" @LordAndrew: Yes "
Are you responding to the hellworld=yes comment? I do have multiple posts in this thread. :)
#13 Posted by CaptainTryHard (207 posts) -
@LordAndrew: Yes... I meant hellworld=true

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.