My old creative map isn't working.

#1 Posted by Cubidog1 (246 posts) -

It is acting like it is in survival mode. The inventory doesn't show all the materials. It looks like the survival inventory. I also can't fly, destroy blocks in one hit, you know the stuff you play creative mode for. Is there a way to fix this?

#2 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

You are probably in Survival mode. There's a mod or something that adds an option to switch between Survival and Creative with the click of a button, similar to writing /gamemode *name* 1 in multiplayer

#3 Posted by SexyToad (2722 posts) -

Yes, if you have single player cheats on you could make yourself be in creative mode. If not use a program called NBTedit. Edit the level.dat to change your self to creative mode.

#4 Posted by Cubidog1 (246 posts) -

It's always been in creative mode. Also, I don't use mods.

#5 Edited by Cubidog1 (246 posts) -

I'm trying to use single player cheats to change the default game mode back to Creative and it is not working. Am I missing something?

#6 Posted by SexyToad (2722 posts) -

If I remember it's player ganemode 1/0 but if it's an old map you might not have the cheats on.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.