Notch met with Valve?

#1 Posted by Cataphract1014 (1316 posts) -

I heard in one of the Let's plays on youtube that Notch posted on his twitter that he had a meeting with Valve at one point.  Any truth to that?  I don't remember how old the lets play was, but i Iooked at his twitter and didn't see anything from recently.

If Valve gave minecraft the "portal treatment" I think that would be amazing.

#2 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

I would like to see Minecraft on Steam with achievement. 

#3 Posted by Mikemcn (6998 posts) -

He went to Washington for a weekend, and met with them twice, he also had a mini Minecraft-con there.

But yea I want an achievement for killing 500 chickens. Or mining 100,000 Cobblestone.

#4 Posted by Fallen189 (5036 posts) -

If the length between updates is indicative, he probably met them.

#5 Posted by Cataphract1014 (1316 posts) -

I would love a XBLA version of this game.  This is the type of game I could sit on the couch for hours and just waste a weekend away.

Steam/Xbox achievements would be amazing.

#6 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3108 posts) -

I hope not.  I'd like for Minecraft to be released someday.

On an unrelated note, anyone else enjoy minecraft Classic more than the updated versions?

#7 Posted by Vager (1654 posts) -

He went to the states and met with Valve maybe about a month ago.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.