Pokemon Kanto Map in Minecraft for Pixelmon Mod

#1 Edited by briahnanicole (6 posts) -

For about a month, me and three other people worked on a Kanto region recreation for Pixelmon. We have finished and it is now 100% complete, including interiors and puzzles such as Silph Co., Power Plant, Celadon Dept. Store, and a fully functional Safari Zone! Every gym is also setup and ready to take on, along with the Elite 4.

We are now working on adding every quest (such as Team Rocket stuff), NPCs to battle, and hidden items. We've also added accurate Pokémon spawning in long grass in their designated locations according to Pokémon Fire Red.

The Johto region is also very close to being finished!

Click here to see full album on imgur

#2 Posted by BIGJEFFREY (5017 posts) -

you should of built the superior Johto region.

#3 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

This is out of hand

Don't get me wrong, my mind is blown, it's just that...

Nevermind I have no idea what is real anymore.

#4 Posted by Gnubberen (770 posts) -

Bravo! Nicely done!

#5 Posted by selfconfessedcynic (2561 posts) -

Wow. Just... Wow.

This may get me to finally play minecraft.

#6 Edited by Bollard (5516 posts) -

This is freaking awesome. I mean, this is horrible horrible shameless self advertisement, you literally created your account to post this, but what you've made is great. Maybe I won't flag this. Just this once.

Edit: Why does that video have a FOV of like 120 and is letterboxed, making me feel sick.

#7 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4999 posts) -

This is an awesome job and all, but sadly it's still Minecraft instead of Pokémon.

We are now working on adding every quest (such as Team Rocket stuff), NPCs to battle, and hidden items. We've also added accurate Pokémon spawning in long grass in their designated locations according to Pokémon Fire Red.

Wait, what?

Are you saying you guys are making a 3D Pokémon Red? Pixelmon is a Pokémon mod for Mincraft? What?!

#8 Edited by briahnanicole (6 posts) -

@alexandersheenYes, Pixelmon is a mod that pretty much adds Pokemon into Minecraft =p We made this map specifically for our new Pixelmon server.

And yeah, this is basically a 3D recreation of Pokemon Fire Red, in Pixelmon. We're almost finished with Johto as well. We have plans to add every region :D

#9 Edited by briahnanicole (6 posts) -

@bigjeffrey: I've actually finished the entire exterior of Johto, and I'd say about 90% of the interiors. Right now, the quests and gyms are being added. Once those are done, Johto will officially be open and ready to show off :D

#10 Posted by ch3burashka (5060 posts) -

you should of built the superior Johto region.

JOHTO DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT KANTO

#11 Posted by alwaysbebombing (1582 posts) -

Holy fuck

#12 Posted by Nux (2353 posts) -

Damn!

#13 Edited by Turtlebird95 (2384 posts) -

Nice work!

#14 Posted by briahnanicole (6 posts) -

I'm glad you all like it :D I can't wait to show you Johto

#15 Posted by briahnanicole (6 posts) -

Johto is complete and open to the public! It is in beta right now and you can only play it once you've beaten Kanto. I'll be making a separate thread for it soon :)

#16 Posted by ashleypikacu (1 posts) -

ok how do i join this?? this looks amazing

#17 Posted by liquiddragon (237 posts) -

@briahnanicole: you've got me for the first time to care about minecraft. job well done.

#18 Posted by briahnanicole (6 posts) -

Server is updated to the latest version of Pixelmon, 3.1.4! Hoenn will also be opening soon.

#19 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5475 posts) -

That's really cool. Crazy, but cool. I'm a super pokemon fan, so seeing it remade in Minecraft is neat.

#20 Edited by Entreri10 (198 posts) -

This is pretty amazing.

#21 Edited by EquitasInvictus (2029 posts) -

Yo, this might get me back into Pokémon. This is awesome stuff, and I'll definitely keep checking back!

EDIT: I hadn't realized this is something that has actively been in the works for the last few months, too! Great job committing to it this far, that's especially cool.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.