Quick Look?

#1 Posted by Jimi (1126 posts) -

I am loving the game and feel it needs more attention. They did a quicklook of VVVVVVV so why not this? 

Also dave must do it.

#2 Posted by Nasos100 (727 posts) -

ok
banana?

#3 Posted by Ignor (2372 posts) -

Would've been cool.

#4 Posted by Mikemcn (6968 posts) -

That would be absolutely awesome, a quicklook happened for Mount and Blade: Warband, and that game was arguably not as popular as minecraft is right now.  The problem is Dave, it would only happen if this game caught Daves attention as Mount and Blade did, and i don't know that minecraft is the type of game he would like.

#5 Posted by Rehehelly (414 posts) -
#6 Posted by Damodar (1331 posts) -

Minecraft is still in the alpha development stage, so I think it's a bit early to say "such and such got a quick look, why not this?". 

It's playable at the moment, but it's still a pre-order. When the game is actually finished and released properly, maybe they'll do it then. 

I would be interested to see what they think though, I guess, it's a neat game.

#7 Posted by Mikemcn (6968 posts) -
@Damodar said:
" Minecraft is still in the alpha development stage, so I think it's a bit early to say "such and such got a quick look, why not this?".  It's playable at the moment, but it's still a pre-order. When the game is actually finished and released properly, maybe they'll do it then.  I would be interested to see what they think though, I guess, it's a neat game. "
Good Point, and it will be on Steam eventually in which case im sure Vinny will buy it during some obscure steam weekend sale.
#8 Posted by ThisOneHanar (9 posts) -

Agreed; it's too early, unfortunately.  If all of the planned multiplayer features get implemented, Minecraft could be a great game for TNT too, though.

#9 Posted by Goldanas (546 posts) -
@Damodar said:
" Minecraft is still in the alpha development stage, so I think it's a bit early to say "such and such got a quick look, why not this?".  It's playable at the moment, but it's still a pre-order. When the game is actually finished and released properly, maybe they'll do it then.  I would be interested to see what they think though, I guess, it's a neat game. "
Yup.
#10 Posted by Lemoncookie01 (1667 posts) -

Let them finish it first.

#11 Posted by radiocip (73 posts) -
@Lemoncookie01 said:
" Let them finish it first. "
him :D
#12 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Once it hits beta stage then a QL would be more likely. QL'ing an alpha game is a really tough sell for the staff.

However a proper GB QL might be the deciding factor for me to go ahead and buy it. The only thing the free version has going for it is the anaglyph 3d mode.

#13 Posted by ectoplasma (971 posts) -
@Nasos100: banana!
#14 Posted by alternate (2693 posts) -

I am sure Jeff commented on this - It hink it was a question asked during a live stream - anyway - he said that he had tried to buy it but they rejected his CC or something.

#15 Posted by Kjp93 (53 posts) -
@MrKlorox: watch some videos on youtube. davidr64yt has a whole series of videos with commentary that log his play from the moment he started playing. probably more effective that a QL
#16 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -
@Rehehelly said:
" Honestly I think just watching a few lets plays of the game ( http://www.youtube.com/user/davidr64yt ) would be better than a quick look, don't think a quick look would do it justice. "
I don't know if I should thank you for getting me to buy this great game, or be mad at you for making me spend money, which I don't really have alot of right now...
#17 Posted by devosion (112 posts) -

A quick look would be awesome, and considering the stability of the alpha it should be considered by the staff. 

#18 Posted by Leptok (942 posts) -

Doubt it, it's too esoteric.

#19 Posted by Th3_James (2576 posts) -

No, it needs to be the next endurance run

#20 Posted by SSully (4147 posts) -
@Th3_James said:
" No, it needs to be the next endurance run "
haha the game doesnt end, would the endurance run be the same?
#21 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

I don't think they need to do a quicklook.

#22 Posted by Necrotoxin (141 posts) -
@Th3_James said:
" No, it needs to be the next endurance run "
Yes! Lets make it happen.
#23 Posted by Rincewind (250 posts) -

I'd rather they wait until its the retail version purely because it only contains 5% of the total awesomeness potential that Notch has in store for it. (this friday we get flying things)

#24 Posted by NekuCTR (1663 posts) -

I wholeheartedly agree, Minecraft is awesome!

#25 Posted by BionicMonster (1032 posts) -
@alternate said:
" I am sure Jeff commented on this - It hink it was a question asked during a live stream - anyway - he said that he had tried to buy it but they rejected his CC or something. "
lol yep, and I remember asking it too!!
#26 Posted by Detrian (1126 posts) -

Too bad it would be like a five minute quicklook since there's nothing to do other than dig, build stuff and survive the night.

#27 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -
@Detrian said:
" Too bad it would be like a five minute quicklook since there's nothing to do other than dig, build stuff and survive the night. "
nah
#28 Posted by JoeyRavn (4961 posts) -
@Detrian said:
" Too bad it would be like a five minute quicklook since there's nothing to do other than dig, build stuff and survive the night. "
Yeah, it's a five-minute game for $10. What a ripoff.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.