Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Minecraft

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released May 17, 2009

A 3D procedurally-generated game of world exploration, resource harvesting, and freeform construction, featuring a unique block-based art style and online multiplayer. It received numerous ports and updates for nearly a decade after its initial release.

Save save save

jazin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By jazin

Note to self and everyone else that remember to save and save often. After playing for an hour my server crashed and I lost all my work on searching and finally finding a mine. There's gold in them hills. P.s. I'm playing on the 360 version

MrCandleguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By MrCandleguy

@jazin: Doesn't this game autosave every 15mins or something? That's why the chest icon comes up I think.

jazin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jazin

I believe so but I'm not sure what. I heard somewhere that it doesn't fully save to make it so if a friend enters your game and messes up your world you can just back out and reload it to when the friend came into it.

ElNeebre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ElNeebre

I bought the 360 version, then found out that the world isn't infinite... it's really put me off.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By louiedog

Ouch, that really sucks. This is one of those games where I constantly live in fear that my progress is about to be erased. When building my 500m track I saved every 5 minutes or so. When I unlocked one of the avatar items the game froze for about 15 seconds (and then for about 5 seconds the next time) and I was sure that my game had frozen.

@ElNeebre said:

I bought the 360 version, then found out that the world isn't infinite... it's really put me off.

That's an excellent reason to read reviews before buying games. Brad specifically mentioned that in his.

ElNeebre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By ElNeebre

@louiedog: Yeah, I found out because of the Quick Look. Sadly, I didn't watch before I bought the game... since I quite enjoyed the PC version.

jazin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jazin

I guess it could be a problem because during TNT tonight it happened to brad twice. Just have to make sure to save every 10 - 15 min untill it is hopefully fixed

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.