So I bought Minecraft back in Alpha... pre-Halloween update.

#1 Posted by Vigorousjammer (2495 posts) -

I remember Notch saying that people who bought it back then would get all versions of Minecraft for free?

maybe I'm not remembering it correctly... anyways.

Do you guys know if I get the Xbox 360 and mobile versions for free?

#2 Posted by Sin4profit (2924 posts) -

i'm sure he just meant updates on the PC not different platforms. Would be scummy to hold him to that.

#3 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -

That's a great idea! Email him about it.  That hat wearing Swedish bastard already has like 500 million.

#4 Posted by Vigorousjammer (2495 posts) -

@Sin4profit: I'm definitely not holding him to it, but... like @TheMustacheHero said:

That hat wearing Swedish bastard already has like 500 million.
#5 Posted by Sitoxity (551 posts) -

I honestly think it's pretty selfish to expect another two copies of it...but I guess that's just me.

I think he's already clarified that text meant all future updates and versions, not ports of the game. I'm sure in Alpha and part way into Beta he had literally no idea that Microsoft and Android would approach him, or even if he had the idea himself, it wouldn't have been until he saw it's potential.

#6 Posted by MancombSeepgood (323 posts) -

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he meant PC updates, and versions meaning "alpha, beta, full release". He changed the EULA to reflect this a while back.

#7 Posted by SlasherMan (1725 posts) -
@Sin4profit said:

i'm sure he just meant updates on the PC not different platforms. Would be scummy to hold him to that.

Pretty much.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.