Someone is trying to change my password

#1 Posted by Cyrisaurus (455 posts) -

So I keep getting multiple e-mails a day saying that someone has requested a password change for my account, and of course I choose to ignore, but it doesn't seem to be stopping them.

As it turns out, I don't play this game, is there a way I can just disable my account? Should I contact them about someone attempting to hijack my account?

#2 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

You should eat lobster for your next supper

#3 Posted by haffy (673 posts) -

Might just be phishing emails or some shit? Just ignore them, as long as they're only trying, it's not a problem.

#4 Edited by mlarrabee (2910 posts) -

Yes. They obviously have your email address. It's a simple matter to find the name behind the address (social networking sites, university student databases), and then it's a short leap to discover your mother's maiden name, your birthday, your first car, etc.

As far as Google says, there is currently no way to delete or disable your account, so I would change the email address associated with the account, creating a new email account with Gmail if necessary, as well as change any other security information Mojang holds (password, secret question, etc).

EDIT: Unless you're one of those careful people who uses randomly generated passwords and never answers those security questions truthfully. If that's the case, just change the password.

#5 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@Cyrisaurus said:

So I keep getting multiple e-mails a day saying that someone has requested a password change for my account, and of course I choose to ignore, but it doesn't seem to be stopping them.

How about you change your password?

#6 Posted by Hizang (8533 posts) -

I would recommend you change your password, just to be safe.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.