Hey, you! Are you interested in Mining and/or Crafting? Do you hate spiders? Do you love bacon??
In honor of the public 1.0 release of Minecraft on the personal computer, we have an “alpha account” gift code to give away,* which is pretty much the best kind of code to have. (Here’s why.) To make it a fun little contest, the entry format is pretty simple:
- How active are you in the Whiskey Media community?
- Are you new to Minecraft?
- Why are you interested in winning the code?
- Write an original Minecraft haiku. Bonus points for including Giant Bomb references.
No single answer is more important than the others. Being honest and creative is better than being dishonest and drab! Some current members of the server will nominate their favourite entries, then the server admin and moderator(s) will pick the winner. The winner will get the code to redeem, and a chest full of good stuff on the Whiskey Media Minecraft Server! (If you decide to give someone else the code that’s your choice, but ideally the winner wants to join up.) The contest will run until at least Nov. 26th, longer if needed.
Sample entry: (post here in the thread)
- I have 600+ forum posts on Screened and 300 wiki points on the Tanooki Suit page (see Photoshops of Celebrities gallery).
- No, I have a free account and tried creative mode a couple times.
- I would like to sell it on eBay and play "Rumcraft" instead. I always win at that.
- Ryan mocks Minecraft.
Just one more block then I’ll quit.
Is it a game now?
Good luck and have fun!
(*Thanks to user Brackynews for donating the code.)