Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Minecraft

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released May 17, 2009

A 3D procedurally-generated game of world exploration, resource harvesting, and freeform construction, featuring a unique block-based art style and online multiplayer. It received numerous ports and updates for nearly a decade after its initial release.

USB Keyboard and mouse for Minecraft xbox360

Avatar image for thefalconproduction
    TheFalconProduction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey for anyone who knows (or could test it and reply), can you use a USB keyboard and mouse on the xbox360 to play Minecraft Xbox360 Edition?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61
    deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

Sorry dude, controller-only in the 360 version.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By nintendoeats

Microsoft's ongoing policy of telling us what to do prevents us from using a keyboard or mouse with an xbox. Sony does not have this policy.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By envane

i dont know why youd want a keyboard/mouse for a consolized minecraft ... why not play the pc version

i was fully suuportive of the console version up until brads bad experience on tnt .. damn man the pc version saves constantly .. to the point that youre generally fucked if you make a big mistake like setting off tnt or burning eveyrthing

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Justin258

Play the PC version, unless your computer is more than 5 years old or something.

No, really. The 360 version is a fine port and all, and it has its perks (a proper tutorial, for instance), but it pales in comparison to the sheer flexibility and support of the PC version. You can't hit the level's end in the PC version, you have more stuff in it, the mods, the online play relies on persistent servers instead of hosts, etc. Minecraft PC is in desperate need of a handy tutorial because right now, it takes some effort to even learn the basics, but once you cross that hurdle I see no reason to play it on the Xbox, especially considering that this is one PC game that runs on pretty much anything.

Plus, you can use either a KB/M or a controller with the PC version.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61
    deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

The most up-to-date version of Minecraft on PC definitely doesn't run on everything--good luck getting a decent frame-rate on, say, an Intel HD onboard graphics card (and that's just vanilla Minecraft...forget about running a HD texture pack). It does not, however, need much horsepower to run at a stable/playable frame-rate so most modern(ish) computers should be adequate enough for vanilla Minecraft.

The 360 version does afford the opportunity to play the game without worrying about the frame-rate being anything less than smooth and stable (multiplayer lag/quirks aside), so there's that, I guess.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By ch3burashka

NOOOOOOOOPE

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#8  Edited By KowalskiManDown

If you want to use mouse and keyboard, like people have said above, play the PC version. However, the thing that I love about the 360 version is that I can finally sit back and relax whilst playing Minecraft.

I don't care what anyone says, it is impossible to be completely relaxed with a mouse and keyboard in tow... even a wireless set.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.