What texture pack are you using?

#1 Posted by bibamatt (1088 posts) -

So I'm still using the default texture pack even after the latest update.  I've been struggling to find good opinions on the various texture packs that are out there.  Are you using an alternative pack?  What is it and why?  Would love to see some screengrabs!

#2 Posted by ThricebornPhoenix (19 posts) -
Painterly can be customized before download and it seems the site is updated often; it has served me well so far. I would like some more (non-HD) texture packs, though.
#3 Posted by rhacer63 (67 posts) -

Painterly here. I like how customizable it is.

#4 Posted by rjayb89 (7722 posts) -

Vanilla Minecraft, son.  It's because of a lack of trying to find texture replacements.  Painterly looks pretty nice though.

#5 Posted by CharlieTuna (328 posts) -

Default, I can't stand anything else, the default one just looks right to me. I've tried a few but always come away dissapointed.

#6 Posted by Capum15 (4901 posts) -

Customized Painterly. Looks good.

#7 Edited by Nonethewiser (131 posts) -

Tron (but only with the HD fix and ambient occlusion. Haven't figured out how to use those yet so I havent used tron). Currently using Nurios. Frenden's is neat too (all of this are a bit more simple, clean, and less detailed). I like Painterly when you're in wide areas... but close up they look really shitty to me. And the chests are terrible.

Tron:  http://evilmousestudios.com/tronic/

Nurios (currently using):

#8 Posted by JoeyRavn (4974 posts) -

Painterly, though I haven't played Minecraft since the Oct. 31 update. Broken Painterly makes me sad :(

#9 Posted by Capum15 (4901 posts) -
@JoeyRavn:  Re-download it? I'm pretty sure I got my Painterly pack after the Halloween update.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.