When I get bored...

#1 Posted by steelerzfan101 (270 posts) -

When I get bored in Minecraft (this never usually happens!) I decide to start creating big projects. This time I thought I would create the beloved Giant Bomb logo! I know it probably has been done by someone, somewhere, but I thought I would make the logo for myself. Here are some construction photos below....

This was the start of the project, probably the hardest part too! I was doing a vertical and upright model.

At this point, a bomb was visible...now for the last portion...

Here we got half of giant...

And now at last, we have the full giant bomb. The project all together took me about a weekend to plan and bulid. The hardest part would actually have to be the wire coming out of the bomb. There was a lot of intricate blocks that had to be put in there.

To give you a sense of scale, see below...

It was a pretty tall structure. Pretty high. Anyway, I was wondering what other design I should tackle the next time I get bored. I was thinking...

The luchadeer! I would have to find a good image though if I were to do it. I am open for suggestions though...

#2 Posted by MonkeyMitcho (115 posts) -

Although personally I am not I fan of minecraft I applaud you for your devotion. Also I think you should doa picture of the bombcast crew. Just a though though.

#3 Posted by believer258 (11813 posts) -

That looks pretty good. I don't have the proper patience for Minecraft, but I've played it a bit here and there, enough to admire the work you've done here.

#4 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

That looks awesome! I like playing Minefraft as well, but I couldn't never do one of those big projects.

#5 Posted by Cleric22 (87 posts) -

That sir, is one giant bomb! Hey-oh!

#6 Posted by Vexxan (4620 posts) -

Looks great...now burn it all down!

#7 Posted by steelerzfan101 (270 posts) -

@MonkeyMitcho said:

Although personally I am not I fan of minecraft I applaud you for your devotion. Also I think you should doa picture of the bombcast crew. Just a though though.

That would be awesome! A picture of the bombcast crew would be tough, but I am up for anything. I will look into that one!

@Vexxan said:

Looks great...now burn it all down!

And yes, all good things in Minecraft end with fire and TNT haha!

#8 Posted by GeekDown (1170 posts) -

That is insanely detailed. Nice job!

#9 Posted by steelerzfan101 (270 posts) -

Alright, now I am extremely interested in doing this bombcast project! First off, does anybody have a better picture of the poster in the back (above)? Or, perhaps does someone have a better picture I could use to go off of?

#10 Posted by steelerzfan101 (270 posts) -

Alright, I think I found a decent picture so I am now going to get started. I will create a new topic with updates!

#11 Posted by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

excellent

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.