Where Do You See Minecraft In 1 Year?

#1 Posted by Mitch0712 (452 posts) -

I think it will turn into a quest based game maybe even a fully fledged RPG.  Also I would love it if there were options to turn on higher res textures perhaps.

#2 Posted by Jams (2959 posts) -

The same as it is now, but with just more craftable stuff and fluff.

#3 Posted by Mitch0712 (452 posts) -

I can't wait for the fishing rod, i can see myself fishing for hours like in all games that allow fishing lol

#4 Posted by Jams (2959 posts) -
@Mitch0712: 

The fishing rod is in already, just no fish.  I hope they add a steel boat or a reinforced boat that doesn't explode when you get out of it.
#5 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -

where ever it goes it will be good 

im hoping for more craft able shit

#6 Posted by ch3burashka (4992 posts) -

The same thing that happens to every other "discovered" indie game: the number of people interested will drop off, leaving a hardcore group, creating a tighter-knit community. 

#7 Posted by InfamousBIG (3200 posts) -

I'm hopin' for some new environments.  Jungles, etc.

#8 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

Closer to gold.

#9 Posted by Driadon (2995 posts) -

Either done or in late beta. Notch has gotten a lot done over the past little bit, which is incredibly promising.

#10 Posted by Joru (311 posts) -
@CH3BURASHKA said:
" The same thing that happens to every other "discovered" indie game: the number of people interested will drop off, leaving a hardcore group, creating a tighter-knit community.  "
Definitely this. The group will be quite large and enough to support it though. I think it will also have modes that are less sandbox-like and more like a game with objectives.
#11 Posted by RobotHamster (4170 posts) -

It will come pre installed on every computer in the world!!!

#12 Posted by Aronman789 (2676 posts) -

Dead because of either: People get bored of it, or Notch finally decides he has enough money 
 or 
Same with like 7 new blocks and a couple new levels and mobs.

#13 Posted by fentonalpha (819 posts) -

a subscription based mmo

#14 Posted by Castiel (2520 posts) -

IN SPACE!

#15 Posted by Vinny_Says (5681 posts) -

The dude working on it will get a girlfriend and forget about minecraft =(

#16 Posted by JJOR64 (18887 posts) -
@blacklabeldomm said:
" The dude working on it will get a girlfriend and forget about minecraft =( "
DON'T SAY SUCH THINGS!!  GIRLFRIENDS ARE A MYTH AND NOT TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#17 Posted by Xakura (126 posts) -

Minions! That mine for you. Or farm. And brew massive amounts of ale. And get in trouble with the stupid elves who care to much about a few damned trees. And then this massive dragon attacks, and you manage to trap it in this really small wooden cage for some reason. And tame it. But then, on the way to its chain next by the fortress entrance, the dungeon master leads it over some large, serrated disc traps that doesn't recognize the dragon as friend. And you can only helplessly watch as the giant dragon bleeds out on the fortress floor, with the dungeon master standing next to him. Crying. 

Or something like that.
#18 Posted by Unchained (1080 posts) -

Minecraft in October, 2011: 

We're boned. 
#19 Posted by Monthenor (40 posts) -
@blacklabeldomm said:
Too late, he's already engaged.
#20 Posted by Vinny_Says (5681 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
" @blacklabeldomm said:
DON'T SAY SUCH THINGS!!  GIRLFRIENDS ARE A MYTH AND NOT TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "
No they're for real, one made me forget about the amateur film I was working on....
#21 Posted by Rhombus_Of_Terror (2088 posts) -

I hope the graphic engine doesn't change, it's all part of the charm.

#22 Posted by Sin4profit (2903 posts) -

In general: more combos to build more things, more complex item creation.

Single player: I wouldn't mind seeing it turned into an Animal Crossing type situation. Simple quests ( collection quests for neighboring NPCs ) that evolve into more challenging quests ( involving combat or a long trek across the world in search of the holy grail type items )

Multiplayer: I'd like to see turn into some kind of Civilization game type where you start on a randomly generated server, start to build your civilization with friends while other people are building their own on other ends of the map and thus leading to either diplomatic behavior of trading goods or all out war.

Well, this is more of a wish list then what i think it's going to be.

#23 Posted by TheBlackPigeon (314 posts) -

They'll switch to Unreal Engine 3 and all the textures will take five seconds to pop into the scene. 

Cash money.

#24 Posted by Sedasys (149 posts) -

I hope that it'll develop into a big game which is the same as it is now, only with more features, like NPCs in villages, dynamic lighting so you can carry torches around and see at night, maybe some magic or something.
Basically I want a blocky Elder Scrolls and then some.
And by the way things are going now, it looks like it may well turn into that.

#25 Posted by mrfizzy (1512 posts) -

probs npcs (for trading and quests) and more RPG elements. 

#26 Posted by Tennmuerti (7956 posts) -
@CH3BURASHKA said:
" The same thing that happens to every other "discovered" indie game: the number of people interested will drop off, leaving a hardcore group, creating a tighter-knit community.  "
This man is correct.
#27 Posted by Raineko (433 posts) -

I hope that there will be new materials, new tools and overall more combinable stuff.  
But still I think that 20 Dollars is too much for a game like this...

#28 Posted by Castigatore (9 posts) -
@Sin4profit said: 
Multiplayer: I'd like to see turn into some kind of Civilization game type where you start on a randomly generated server, start to build your civilization with friends while other people are building their own on other ends of the map and thus leading to either diplomatic behavior of trading goods or all out war.  Well, this is more of a wish list then what i think it's going to be. "

^THIS!!! 
Just thinking of this made me cum hard!!! This would be incredible. 
#29 Posted by Yummylee (21205 posts) -
@Unchained said:
" Minecraft in October, 2011: 

We're boned.  "
Ha. That's exactly what I was thinking.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.