I need to build again, but I am out of ideas atm, maybe I'll do some youtube rabbithole drifting, and see if I can find a project.
Whiskey Media's Minecraft Server: Part Deux!
Always wanted to make just...a giant city that shows off the building styles of everyone. Mostly because it seems that everyone is just so spread out over the server - there are awesome creations and cities all over, but no one seems to visit them much.
@Nodderly: @RandomHero666: @Marnox: @Brodehouse: @Subjugation: @FlemmingM: @Lumley: @Darkstar_KoP:
You guys have any thoughts about this idea?
@Capum15: Sounds lovely. Count me in. Would be cool to build a city, where we didn't alter the original landscape too much. A city with houses on different levels and the roads following along that landscape. It's the thing I loved about stuff like the old crater city... People just build a city in a big hole, without altering too much... sometimes a all flat city is just boring.
Glad to see you gents are up for it. I have classes for this foreseeable week unless nature dumps more snow on us, but I get back pretty early in the day and can play in the afternoon (Mountain Standard Time) depending on what I have to do. Weekends are nice and fine too. We should start trying to find a time so we can have a decent group head off to adventureland, and we can bring in any who miss it but wanna join (via escorting or me/Nod summoning duders).
I just want it kind of far to make sure the stuff that spawns is nice and new. Need to look at the map sometime to figure that out.
I would be up for this.
In fact, not so long ago when Dark and me were trying to get to South Padre islands the old fashioned way, and saw some sweet landscapes when we were lost, the topic of starting a new settlement was brought up.
I think it'd be great, I would definitely record it and make it a little mini series.
Giantbomb crew quest for new pastures, erection of Utopia
So how about this weekend? Not sure of a specific time, but just during the weekend. If we can get a few guys to just go and find an area, we can teleport people over as duders get on.
Edit: To be more clear about this, I mostly just wanna go adventuring for an hour or two or more with a somewhat larger group for once instead of just me and sometimes 1-2 people. If we find a neat place, then we can just start making things there. Hopefully eventually expand that into some crazy city or something to get people playing again.
Edit: The nether railway from Nova Bombica to Spawn is done! If you go into the Frat House at spawn, under the stairs to the basement and into the giant room lined with Bookshelves, you can see a portal-looking thing on the left, acting as a doorway to the portal room. Take that Nether Portal and you should be brought to the Nether spawn area. I've linked the glass walkway thing (and put up signs) to an enclosed little tunnel which has two exits to the Nether mid-way, and leads to the spawn station. From there, you can enjoy a few minutes' ride to Nova Bombica in a fully enclosed Nether railway!
A few things for the intrepid traveler - If you take a minecart from one place to the other, please remove it from the track when you arrive at your destination and put it in the nearby chest. Also be advised that it seems pretty impossible to keep Pigmen from spawning - one usually doesn't do anything, but two can bump you backwards. If you encounter any rebound-causing pigmen, just hit your cart to pop it off the track and shuffle past them (or stab them, either will probably work).
The year was 1986, He was a teenager like any other.. dreaming of his heroes and in love with a girl.
But on a thunderous night along a ragged coast a mysterious red car came to him, Its power lighting his eyes blood-red.
In a flash all was lost in the hellfire of twisted metal.
When our hero emerged from the burning wreckage, he and the car had become one, their souls spliced forever.
Leaving him to wander the night alone, Invisible to everyone but her.
I wonder could I make a 3D Ferrari, hmmmmmm
Update story time folks, 1.5!
- New Scoreboard System
- New Inventory Management
- Double click items to fill the stack up as much as possible.
- Drag item stacks around to divide them up over the dragged-over slots.
- Drag item stacks around with the right mouse button to place one of that stack in each dragged-over slot, if that slot is not occupied already.
- Shift + double click items in a crafting area to place all items in the inventory.
- Shift + double click an item stack to move all other item stacks of that kind to that part of the inventory.
- Pressing Q while the mouse is over an item in the inventory or a container to drop it
- Held armor can be equipped by right-clicking.
- New Death Messages
- Renamed / Improved the naming of some items.
- Activator Rails! Used to activate "Minecart with TNT".
- Minecart with TNT! Pretty much what it says. Won't destroy the rail or blocks supporting it.
- Block of Redstone! A block of redstone, emits a constant charge and is pushable via piston.
- Daylight Sensor! Uses sunlight to output a redstone signal. Strength depends on sunlight, and is affected by rain.
- Dropper - places items into a container in front of it. Or else drops them at you.
- Hopper - Similar, but from above.
- Minecart with Hopper! Sucks items from above them.
- Minecart with Spawner! Only really available with mods and external editors.
- Redstone Comparator does things.
- Trapped Chests! Because fuck you!
- Weighted Pressure Plates! Drop stuff to activate!
- Can make Netherbrick by smelting Netherrack!
- Nether Quartz! Make daylight sensor and RS comparators, or put it together to make pretty marble-looking blocks! Can also put two blocks together and make a pillar. Can get stairs, slabs, etc from it. It's about as common as iron in the overworld, and works with Silk Touch and Fortune enchantments.
- Multiple Snow Heights! Fuck yeah!
- Fully implemented - previously, a world editor could be used for different heights of snow
- Drops one snowball for every layer of snow
- Each level of snow has its own height collision
- The topmost layer of snow does not have collision, so the player is always slightly sunken in the snow
- Visually, four layers of snow is the same height as a slab. However, five layers of snow has the same collision height as a slab
- Crafting recipe is 3 snow blocks in a row to create 6 snow layers
- For each thin layer of snow crafted, the player loses exactly half the snowballs required to produce it
- Sandstone Double Slab is a thing!Increased Beacon Range!Bonemeal kinda nerfed, now puts crops at random stages instead of "finished".Infinite Water has been pimped!
- Creating an infinite water source no longer needs a block underneath, but has to have a water source block.
- This means you won't ruin rivers or oceans with buckets.
- Dispensers pimped as well!
- Now equip armor to players that are up to 1 block away
- Can place and activate TNT
- Now use Bone Meal on a crop or sapling in front of them
- Can create fire in front of them with Flint and Steel, which consumes durability
- They can now face all 6 directions, and use a different texture when facing up or down
- No longer fire while updated, instead they fire when their input becomes powered
- Zombies Buffed!
- Alert other zombles in an area when alerted to a player.
- Do more damage as they lose health.
- Can set players on fire, if they are on fire.
- Become aggressive at longer ranges when shot.
- Skeletons Buffed!
- Will shoot you from 16 blocks, rather than 10.
- Will shoot you faster at closer range.
- Will shoot you one block away.
- Abandoned Mineshafts now spawn Minecarts with Chests instead of regular chests.
- And as per usual, a ton of bug fixes.
That about sums it up! As usual, here is the link to the Version History page on the Minecraft wiki if you want to read everything with more information.
Hey guys, last week I tried making a modpack, like tekkit, it worked to an extent but was way too buggy to be a thing.
Instead, I changed it up a bit to suit the current requirements for this server.
So if your regular minecraft launcher is unable to connect, you can use this with the technic launcher :3
Make sure you have the latest version of Technic launcher.
launch it, on the left side is a list of modpacks, click on 'add new pack'
Copy and Paste the following link in when it asks for a platform URL.
You can now connect to this server with technic, i also added a few clientside mods that don't add new items or anything, but make the whole game a lot more playable, technic will install all that for you though.
This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.