Whiskey Media's Minecraft Server: Part Deux!

#251 Posted by Marnox (327 posts) -

So the server went bananas?

#252 Posted by RobertOrri (1120 posts) -

I have a suspicion that the server may have died just now.

#253 Posted by Marnox (327 posts) -
@Nodderly:
#254 Posted by CaptainTryHard (207 posts) -

down again

#255 Posted by DaddyTin (59 posts) -

Capum's fault. Nodds makes him a mod and BAMMMMMM! Down goes the server!

#256 Edited by Capum15 (4812 posts) -
@DaddyTin: Hey, I didn't even get permissions for any bukkit stuff yet! He was still working on that.

And damn, I was just about to get on.

Edit: I too can confirm that the server's down. Well, now is a good time to start up a brand new SSP world.

Edit 2: Looking at the painterly pack...they have an SCP-173 skin for Endermen. The guy who runs that site is awesome.
#257 Posted by Brackynews (4045 posts) -

@Capum15: Sometimes I like to load up my "old" Painterly packs to see how crazy everything looks. It's not bad but it shows how far the sprites and objects have come. For not being "high res" there is a tonne of mileage to be had with those tilesets.

#258 Posted by Capum15 (4812 posts) -
@Brackynews: I long got rid of my old packs, but I do remember how some of it looked way back. The one thing I don't like about Texture packs is that if you don't update or go original textures after an update, you can't use any of the new things.
#259 Edited by Nodderly (405 posts) -

Server restarted. I'll check the log for a probable cause.

Edit: No idea. The death certificate will state, "Because Minecraft."

#260 Edited by Brackynews (4045 posts) -

@Hero_Swe said:

Bracky! You've locked me in my mushroom house!

Edit: And that community mine of yours was a deathtrap, that was not fun getting out of.

Looks like I've been evicted :P

Whoopsie! When I moved in the sign said vacant, and the place was totally empty. No bed either. And in fact somebody told me it was vacant, so I said cool. How else could I know?

I died at LEAST ten times making that mineshaft. The water ladder at the bottom was just a bonus. :) And the signage is pretty clear.

Anyway, I don't care enough to fuss over it. But I was making a doorbell and everything. If you want it back catch me in PM or online. I'll make sure it's spit shined and polished. "Because Minecraft." :)

#261 Edited by Brackynews (4045 posts) -

@Lumley said: [cc: @Capum15: @Nodderly:]

I'm trying to edit the guide to add LuchaVille to it but it's not letting me add anything to the 'Named Regions' section, I don't if this is something on my end (ie me being a bit stupid) or the guide owners end.

Yes this guide got borked because the engineers are in the middle of changing them. Like currently. Like after 3 years of waiting. :)

See thread here. http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/bug-reporting/33/guide-editing-toc-box-is-blank/520637/

Anyway, it'll keep for a bit, and I will rebuild it quick if that works out better once the new guide code is published. Thanks duders.

Edit: For those reading this far, my #1 idea for a community server project is ZELDA II 1ST DUNGEON. (Doo-do-do-DOO-do-do-DOOOO) Not something I have ever seen done in MC. (If you have, send me a LINK. hehe) So I am looking at the map to find a good high desert plateau, and this spot looks like one of the best. Would it be entirely unsporting to request an x-ray render of this area in case there is a horrible pocket of lava to worry about? First dungeon is 4 levels deep if I recall correctly, so there should be plenty of space to play with. I like this spot because it is 1) high plateau, 2) you have to approach it by going through a mountain cave, 3) near the water but no river cutting through. If not here, the desert immediately up from this spot is very close to a town, and has all other benefits except the mountain passage is optional. THOUGHTS?! :)

#262 Posted by Nodderly (405 posts) -

@Brackynews: See? All it takes is for the Minecraft crew to need a feature, and it will be fixed NOW. You're welcome. :D

#263 Posted by Hero_Swe (1111 posts) -

@Brackynews said:

@Hero_Swe said:

Bracky! You've locked me in my mushroom house!

Edit: And that community mine of yours was a deathtrap, that was not fun getting out of.

Looks like I've been evicted :P

Whoopsie! When I moved in the sign said vacant, and the place was totally empty. No bed either. And in fact somebody told me it was vacant, so I said cool. How else could I know?

I died at LEAST ten times making that mineshaft. The water ladder at the bottom was just a bonus. :) And the signage is pretty clear.

Anyway, I don't care enough to fuss over it. But I was making a doorbell and everything. If you want it back catch me in PM or online. I'll make sure it's spit shined and polished. "Because Minecraft." :)

Haha, that's alright. You can have it :), I managed to get out with all of my stuff so I'm alright :)

#264 Posted by Lively (298 posts) -

@Nodderly: As I suggested on the server earlier, I wonder if you would consider making brick a default resource that you can use the "/more" command on. Clay is a fairly rare resource, and collecting it in quantity involves tearing up the floor of entire swamps. Last I looked, swamps aren't even very common on our server.

Large brick structures can look awesome. I've seen very nice "universities" and modern-looking towns constructed using brick.

#265 Posted by Nodderly (405 posts) -

@Lively: I considered and made the change the moment you said it. After I reboot the server tonight, clay balls will work with /more.

#266 Posted by Brackynews (4045 posts) -

@Hero_Swe: Much obliged sir. Come check out the powerup dispenser and oh-so-thematic doorbell!

@Nodderly: Oh my goodness I love you. Brick is my favourite block in the whole wide world. Gives me a lot of motivation to help with mushroom town.

#267 Posted by jdon1990 (11 posts) -

@Nodderly: Can you whitelist me :jdon1990

#268 Posted by Nodderly (405 posts) -

@jdon1990: Done!

#269 Posted by Massif (82 posts) -
#270 Edited by Capum15 (4812 posts) -
@Massif: My brain's threatening to explode just thinking about the Redstone involved.

But I'd so do it if I knew how.

Edit: Also, you can move tracks with pistons? I never thought of actually trying it on the tracks themselves, but I've tried it on the tracks the blocks were on (which makes them break off).
#271 Posted by jasondesante (601 posts) -

@Massif: invite that person to the server! we need their genius power! haha

with the mario 64 music and everything hahaha :D

#272 Posted by Capum15 (4812 posts) -
@Nodderly: So it worked and I could /give and stuff, but now I can't talk or place/remove blocks. Or open doors.
#273 Posted by Subjugation (4718 posts) -

@Capum15: He has sprung the trap!

#274 Posted by Capum15 (4812 posts) -
@Subjugation: He must've used the appropriate type of attack, because it was super effective.
#275 Edited by powrtrio (53 posts) -

I wanted to see if i was still on the whitelist it kicks me when i try to get online..

Thanks.

#276 Posted by Nodderly (405 posts) -

@powrtrio: You are now. Welcome back!

#277 Posted by DaddyTin (59 posts) -

@Subjugation: Sounds like he is locked in the outhouse but can hand out goodies for trick or treat!

#278 Posted by Nodderly (405 posts) -

@DaddyTin: You hand out Halloween treats from an outhouse? More importantly, you know children who will approach an outhouse for treats?

#279 Posted by Subjugation (4718 posts) -

@Nodderly: Hey, they're good treats. Full size bars if I remember correctly.

#280 Posted by Brackynews (4045 posts) -

@Subjugation: DO NOT WANT your full size outhouse "bars". O_O;

Hey hey, we be smokin' up da place!

#281 Posted by Capum15 (4812 posts) -
@DaddyTin: I couldn't talk, either. Which is even creepier. Seriously. Outhouse, unable to interact with things, mute, and handing out candy.

Police would be there in about 5 minutes.

@Brackynews: Looking good!

Random note, The Fear Gauntlet is pretty fucking hilarious.
#282 Posted by Nodderly (405 posts) -

Halloween has begun on our server. Spooooooky!

#283 Posted by Subjugation (4718 posts) -

All rain is now pumpkins!

A man can dream ...

#284 Posted by Nodderly (405 posts) -

If that was possible, I'd have done it by now. You know that. :D

#285 Posted by Kurtdyoung (1300 posts) -

I would really love to get in on this if that is still possible? My username is Kurtdyoung

Thanks!

#286 Posted by Nodderly (405 posts) -

@Kurtdyoung: Done!

#287 Posted by Kurtdyoung (1300 posts) -

@Nodderly said:

@Kurtdyoung: Done!

Sweet! that was crazy fast!

#288 Posted by Nodderly (405 posts) -

@Kurtdyoung: Ha, it really was! You got lucky.

#289 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -

I would just like to say that mods should stay away from the Void. It kills the un-killable. Also, I flew up to Y: 115,000 or something; it took 2 minutes and 33 seconds to fall back down. If you need any more pedantry, I'll be in my bunk.

#290 Posted by Nodderly (405 posts) -

@FunExplosions: Delivering relevant facts is never pedantry!

#291 Edited by Brackynews (4045 posts) -

@Nodderly said:

Halloween has begun on our server. Spooooooky!

DON'T MISS IT FOLKS

You'll jump right out of your skin... O_O

Come get treats from my house near the wool shop, off Highway 17. There are also tricks, but nothing explosive. (promise!)

EDIT: Yes spooooky! Pants were bricked!! That is a hell of a good Halloween mod. I only had the time to get a few snaps. (Check my gallery to see captions.) Watching five zombies leap/spawn up onto the fenced balcony I was on, is in my top ten Minecraft moments. They blocked the door and had to hit me while jumping, so I could get enough height to leap to the ground. (Also sorry I broke that second floor Pentagon window. Moment of truth.)

@Capum15: /plays "It's Raining Pigmen"

#292 Edited by Nodderly (405 posts) -

@Brackynews: Glad it was fun! And maybe spoooooooky?

EDIT: To clarify, for the next 24 hours or so, I'll be making spawn a little more... Left4Deadish? Whenever I am online.

It's a real shame that Tinman left the first floor of the Pentagon open to the outdoors.

#293 Posted by Massif (82 posts) -

@jasondesante I've been working on the train station. I changed the track switching mechanism to a push button on either side of the stopping point. I'm trying to do the same for all 4 directions. Also, it seems like there is an extra track going east/west. I think we only need 2.

#294 Edited by Capum15 (4812 posts) -
@FunExplosions said:

I would just like to say that mods should stay away from the Void. It kills the un-killable. Also, I flew up to Y: 115,000 or something; it took 2 minutes and 33 seconds to fall back down. If you need any more pedantry, I'll be in my bunk.

I was surprised that I could surpass the block limit about a week ago. I didn't go *that* high though, so props on that.

That would be the most amazing sneak attack critical ever, thinking about it.

Edit: Reminded me of the glitch in GTA San Andreas where you could bypass the height limit. Using "Cars Float Away" and tapping a helicopter with a car, then immediately getting inside the helicopter would let you into the stratosphere. I jumped out after going insanely high and went into free-fall for...I think it was 10 minutes and around 40 seconds.
#295 Edited by Massif (82 posts) -

It's not completed yet, but eventually it will make it easier to arrive and depart from all 4 directions. The picture I have in my head is kind of like a tic-tac-toe board #

The tunnel going towards sto helit should also be the arrival tunnel coming from the opposite direction, and the tunnel arriving from sto helit should be the departure tunnel going in the opposite direction.

EDIT: Sorry, I won't be in game until later this evening. We can work on it together if you're on then.

#296 Posted by DaddyTin (59 posts) -

@Nodds: Actually, I close my doors. Instead of combination required to open, there is a combination required to close. Indicates someone visited!

#297 Posted by Nodderly (405 posts) -

@DaddyTin: It isn't doing people fleeing the Zombie Hordes any favors. :D

#298 Posted by DaddyTin (59 posts) -

@Nodds: Guess the people fleeing are screwed. Wait, and the sign said - MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR! That makes the screwing appropriate!

#299 Posted by Capum15 (4812 posts) -

Hmm. Minecraft just decided to start crashing instantly as I get on the server. Too tired to deal with it right now.

Anyway, to all who are interested, Surface Hell is now available for habitation, though I still need to put a roof on it sometime. There is a teleporter at spawn that leads to it, and just after the entrance is a supply house with a ton of Netherrack, Soul Sand and Glowstone to supplement building. I've already taken a spot near the back, but feel free to build anywhere else.

#300 Posted by Nodderly (405 posts) -
@Capum15 I see the error you're getting when you crash, but my research has yielded no solutions on my end. Sorry for the trouble!

For everyone else, I strongly recommend you check out surface hell as soon as you can. It's awfully cool, and space is very limited!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.