Whoo! Minecraft's 1.3 prerelease is out!

#1 Edited by SexyToad (2722 posts) -

Exactly what the title saids. Over here at Mojang the release is out. I'm sure most of you know how to install it, but if you don't download the minecraft.jar and move it over to your bin folder of your .minecraft directory. Right now they are also doing a video contest for the 1.3 commercial. Their favorite 3 will be featured on their channel on wensday. Full change log over here.

#2 Posted by gaminghooligan (1483 posts) -

wow those are some nice changes. I can't wait to get this baby installed! thx for the info op

#3 Posted by Ashcrack1087 (45 posts) -

Whoo!

#4 Posted by Happenstance (468 posts) -

I hope it doesnt take all the Tekkit mods too long to update once 1.3 is done, I rarely play Vanilla Minecraft anymore but Id like to see all this new stuff alongside Tekkit.

#5 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Wait, I thought it was out in August.

#6 Posted by Xymox (2115 posts) -

"Depending on ore type, experience now drops from ores that drop items"

Looks like I'll finally be able to get some enchanted stuff. My dark room fails at giving me any xp.

#7 Posted by SexyToad (2722 posts) -

^Also they lowered the max xp level from 50 to 30.

#8 Posted by ManotheBard (47 posts) -

I haven't played in a while. Is there any sort of controller support yet?

#9 Posted by kindone (2833 posts) -

I'll be waiting for the full release. I never liked using pre-builds for anything. Awesome news, though.

#10 Posted by 1337W422102 (1020 posts) -

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout.

#11 Posted by doosmacleod (189 posts) -

@Happenstance said:

I hope it doesnt take all the Tekkit mods too long to update once 1.3 is done, I rarely play Vanilla Minecraft anymore but Id like to see all this new stuff alongside Tekkit.

Oh man, this.

As awesome as I think this new stuff is going to be, I can't imagine life without EE and IC2.

#12 Posted by Dixego (389 posts) -

Oh my god.

Too bad I stopped playing minecraft so long ago ):

#13 Posted by living4theday258 (677 posts) -

Cant wait for august first.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.