Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Minecraft

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released May 17, 2009

A 3D procedurally-generated game of world exploration, resource harvesting, and freeform construction, featuring a unique block-based art style and online multiplayer. It received numerous ports and updates for nearly a decade after its initial release.

Why would you do this to me?

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By zaccheus

I'm just going to vent my frustration and sorrow here.

Past few days I have really gotten into Minecraft, basically few days just dissapeared. Pretty common story as I understand. Then yesterday... I dropped into lava and lost everything. I had been mining for few hours I had a shit ton of gold, diamond, iron, you name it. Well that's fine, but I also lost my kick ass enchanted diamond tools. Spawning at my house and starting basically over (I had to punch a tree to get iron tools) I wasn't sure if I could go on...

Well I soldiers on and went to mine for better stuff. After few hours I had a massive amount of minerals and started to feel like I was up on my feet again. Then while making a garbage disposal with lava at my outpost something came in broad daylight and knocked me in to the hole of lava and I lost everything again... Now I'm back to stone tools because I used all my reserve iron to get myself going the last time this happened.

I was really beaten down at this point nothing seemed to go my way and then the Creepers started to harass me like never before. They blew my sugar cane farm up twice, I completed my outpost (where I died the second time) and then a Creeper came and blew that up... In 24h I have lost all my resources and I don't think I have the will to keep going. No game has made me feel this terrible.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By zaccheus

Past few days I have really gotten into Minecraft, basically few days just dissapeared. Pretty common story as I understand. Then yesterday... I dropped into lava and lost everything. I had been mining for few hours I had a shit ton of gold, diamond, iron, you name it. Well that's fine, but I also lost my kick ass enchanted diamond tools. Spawning at my house and starting basically over (I had to punch a tree to get iron tools) I wasn't sure if I could go on...

Well I soldiers on and went to mine for better stuff. After few hours I had a massive amount of minerals and started to feel like I was up on my feet again. Then while making a garbage disposal with lava at my outpost something came in broad daylight and knocked me in to the hole of lava and I lost everything again... Now I'm back to stone tools because I used all my reserve iron to get myself going the last time this happened.

I was really beaten down at this point nothing seemed to go my way and then the Creepers started to harass me like never before. They blew my sugar cane farm up twice, I completed my outpost (where I died the second time) and then a Creeper came and blew that up... In 24h I have lost all my resources and I don't think I have the will to keep going. No game has made me feel this terrible.

contagious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By contagious

You might want to invest in some storage boxes.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By zaccheus

Thanks.@contagious said:

You might want to invest in some storage boxes.

Thanks.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By SamStrife

At leasst you know your items have gone forever. I was playing and exploring way further that I probably should have, going through maze ater maze of underground mineshafts, caverns and lakes and I accidently stumbled across a cluster of 3 mob spawners. The mobs killed me and I lost all my tools and despite hours of searching, I still cannot find them. I had a full set of diamond gear, plenty of diamond ore and a load of rare crap I found in chests...and they're still out there.

I can hear their screams of pain echo through my mineshafts, begging me to save them from the hell they're in.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By zaccheus

@SamStrife: That's fucked up. But there is still some hope. You should search the caves systematically. Use signs to mark the different paths for example. A pretty big job but might be worth it.

rockbrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By rockbrain

@Zaccheus said:

But this is entirely your fault, bro.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SamStrife

@Zaccheus: I could but I can't stress enough how far I deviated off from my main mine. I explored dark carvers, rode underground waterfalls up and down, flooded entire chambers so I could swim up to others. I've moved on brother...as should you.

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By selbie

@SamStrife said:

@Zaccheus: I could but I can't stress enough how far I deviated off from my main mine. I explored dark carvers, rode underground waterfalls up and down, flooded entire chambers so I could swim up to others. I've moved on brother...as should you.

Not much point searching in the first place. Dropped items will disappear after a few minutes.

Thompson820

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Thompson820

@selbie: 5, exactly.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Sterling

That sucks man. I haven't had anything like that happen yet, thankfully

Harkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Harkat

Come on down to the Minecraft community server, where's there's always supplies aplenty.

TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ

This kind of stuff happens all the time to me, at least on the PC. I don't care about it much, because I have a large chest filled with diamonds.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By zaccheus

Yeah I think I'm done. I tried to get back into it, but I just can't do it. Maybe I give it a month or two and feel better about it, but that seems unlikely. I liked the progress and now when it's gone I don't want to do it again. It's like loosing a game save. I mean I could mod it up and get anything I want, but that makes the whole game pointless to me. If you don't need to earn anything why even play? I'm no architect, I don't just want to build castles with infinite resources...

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#14  Edited By Hizang

Don't take things you don't need with you.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Sterling

@Harkat said:

Come on down to the Minecraft community server, where's there's always supplies aplenty.

Are you able to share things between games/worlds on the PC version?

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#16  Edited By JasonR86

You should stay away from the lava next time.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By JoeyRavn

@Rockbrain said:

@Zaccheus said:

But this is entirely your fault, bro.

You mean you don't carry all your money and valuables in your wallet/pocket in real life? That's weird, dude.

Avatar image for zomgfruitbunnies
    Zomgfruitbunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Zomgfruitbunnies

@OP: I feel you, bro. In the 48 hours I have owned this game, I've died 8 times. In Hardcore mode.

Seriously, fuck surprise skeletons.

DougCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By DougCL

when i suffer a catastrophic loss like that, i usually just roll a new world, or take a 45 minute walk in a direction away from my house/camp and start over. a change of scenery can help you sort of reset your brain, and not focus on the past so much. and who knows? there might be greater caves and treasure in your new location than there ever was in the first spot!

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By zaccheus

@DougCL: I did just that. So general update: rolled a new world. I used an inventory editor to give myself 64 cobblestone, lumber and iron plus a diamond pickaxe to kickstart my new life. The most annoying this I really avoided was trying to find iron whit shitty tools. The new world really helped a lot which was surprising since everything still looks the same obviously just the layout is a bit different. It's crazy how quickly you can get everything going when you know what you are doing unlike the first time.

So that's really solid advice.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By MikkaQ

Every time I find something cool, I kinda just rush back up to my base and store it in a chest, because I've had that happen to me far too many times.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By zaccheus

@MikkaQ:

Yeah it has really influenced my play style that way as well. Also I really hate lava.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23  Edited By Castiel

It sounds like it's kinda your own fault.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By zaccheus

@Castiel said:

It sounds like it's kinda your own fault.

Well of course it's my fault, who else's fault could it be? Although a monster knocking you in to a lava pit in the middle of the day is quite unexpected, I should have been more careful with my items and just turn back in the middle of the dungeon to store my stuff or maybe use a chest savepoint.

The title more represent the impotent anger and despair I felt at the time. Who can I blame for this, this isn't right. That's how people often feel when they are trying to deal with things. Thus the "you" in that sentence is someone non-existing and is not to be taken literally. Just some bad luck and fair amount of my own incompetence. Forgive me.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @SamStrife said:

At leasst you know your items have gone forever. I was playing and exploring way further that I probably should have, going through maze ater maze of underground mineshafts, caverns and lakes and I accidently stumbled across a cluster of 3 mob spawners. The mobs killed me and I lost all my tools and despite hours of searching, I still cannot find them. I had a full set of diamond gear, plenty of diamond ore and a load of rare crap I found in chests...and they're still out there.

I can hear their screams of pain echo through my mineshafts, begging me to save them from the hell they're in.

Stuff despawns after 5 mins. 
    Avatar image for living4theday258
    living4theday258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By living4theday258

@Zaccheus said:

well by your post im assuming your fairly new to the game.you might not want to mine with diamond tools untill you have some spare diamonds for replacement tools. a good mining tip is to return home when you have a good amount of ores.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By audiosnow

@Zaccheus said:

@SamStrife: That's fucked up. But there is still some hope. You should search the caves systematically. Use signs to mark the different paths for example. A pretty big job but might be worth it.

Does the PC version not have the five minute item despawn timer? I know, on the 360, when I was just starting out I watched my only diamond pickaxe despawn right before my eyes.

Neocarbon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Neocarbon

@Zaccheus:As much as I feel for you, it is kinda your fault. Build a chest if you're going in and put the stuff you don't need in there :).

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By kindgineer

@Hizang said:

Don't take things you don't need with you.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.