It finally happened guys! Mirror's Edge 2 is a thing

• 98 results
#51 Edited by Zeik (2222 posts) -

@immortalsaiyan said:

I hope this one is note worthy for more than it's music.

The original game was noteworthy for its music? I don't even remember the music, I just remember the running. (And then the less running and too much guns near the end.)

#52 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

She never had those type of shoes.

#53 Posted by PHenry1991 (137 posts) -

It's so delicious... it's fergielicious..

Looks so gooooood.

I have the biggest smile on my face. IT exists! It's really real! Huzzah! It will probably come out next year.

#54 Edited by Dot (163 posts) -

..... :(

#55 Posted by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

@dany said:

She never had those type of shoes.

#56 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

@zeik said:

@immortalsaiyan said:

The original game was noteworthy for its music? I don't even remember the music, I just remember the running. (And then the less running and too much guns near the end.)

Yeah, Solar Fields did the score for it. One of better soundtracks to accompany a game.

#57 Posted by jimmyfenix (3829 posts) -

@jimmyfenix said:

Thank god it is not a ONE exclusive !!

Oh yeah I forgot to ask will this be having a PC version or are they gonna make it a console exclusive?

The producer wrote on twitter coming to xbox ps4 and pc !!!

#58 Edited by Rasmoss (431 posts) -

I liked Mirror's Edge plenty, but I kinda feel the hype levels are getting a little out of hand. It wasn't THAT good, you guys.

#59 Edited by cloudnineboya (763 posts) -

@zeik: the music in the original was awesome. very ambient

#60 Posted by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

@dany said:

@zeik said:

@immortalsaiyan said:

Yeah, Solar Fields did the score for it. One of better soundtracks to accompany a game.

Toe-shoes. But fixed for Mirror's Edge 2! :D

#61 Edited by amani (47 posts) -

More running and hopefully less gunplay! DICE, you have my love. All of it. Take it. Now.

#62 Edited by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -
@rasmoss said:

I liked Mirror's Edge plenty, but I kinda feel the hype levels are getting a little out of hand. It wasn't THAT good, you guys.

You're missing the plot. Its the ideas. The way you play. The possibilities in the IP. People have been wanting more Mirror's Edge for years.

#63 Posted by JackSukeru (5903 posts) -

I liked the concept, no LOVED the concept in the first game but didn't enjoy the game itself much at all. I'm gonna try my hand at replaying it one of these days since I'm still really hopeful for this followup.

#64 Posted by YOU_DIED (702 posts) -

@jacdg: is there a trailer you can link me to?

#65 Edited by ESREVER (2668 posts) -

This is all I've ever wanted for the past E3s, Spike VGAs, anything videogame related. I am so freakin happy. So giddy...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

#66 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Mirror's Edge 2 is but the icing on the cake. EA and DICE had one hell of a showing today. BF4 and NFS Rivals are going to make me a very happy and very busy player. Exactly what I wanted out of those franchises. Well - other than BF4 not being BF:BC 3 - but does it really matter, after what've seen?

#67 Posted by mrfluke (5090 posts) -

this'ill perk up you cynics :P

#68 Edited by Village_Guy (2492 posts) -

yay

#70 Edited by ch3burashka (5009 posts) -

Fuck yeah.

There was no narration, obviously, but I get the feeling they know that their story was stupid the last time around. Maybe it'll be "grittier", but at least there won't be any stupid family sub-plot?

#71 Edited by JouselDelka (967 posts) -

@jouseldelka said:

@jimmyfenix said:

Thank god it is not a ONE exclusive !!

Oh yeah I forgot to ask will this be having a PC version or are they gonna make it a console exclusive?

The producer wrote on twitter coming to xbox ps4 and pc !!!

Between Geralt, Faith and BF4 commander all coming to my PC in the near-ish future, I'm getting really happy and excited! Today was a good day.

#72 Edited by PacifistDalek (11 posts) -

Tattoos and fist fighting. Yeah, thats what I think of when I think Mirror's Edge.

Still optimistic about the game itself, hoping that EA doesn't shit all over the periphery of the game experience.

#73 Edited by gike987 (1749 posts) -

Yes! One of the best games last gen. Less guns this time and larger levels with more paths and it will be one of the best games of all time.

#74 Posted by Draugen (628 posts) -

I missed the conference. Did they announce platforms? PC?

#75 Posted by Rasmoss (431 posts) -

@rasmoss said:

You're missing the plot. Its the ideas. The way you play. The possibilities in the IP. People have been wanting more Mirror's Edge for years.

No, I get all that, I'm just not as sure as everyone else apparently is that they'll fix all the issues. The fact that they start off with a trailer focused on fighting should get some warning lights blinking.

#76 Posted by JayDee (439 posts) -

yes yes!!!

first game is a classic, and fuck everyone who doesn't like it

#77 Posted by Zeik (2222 posts) -

@rasmoss: There's nothing wrong with being optimistic. There's too much cynicism everywhere right now as it is.

I don't see anything wrong with the fighting in the trailer though. That's exactly the type of fighting I want in a Mirror's Edge game. Whether it actually functions better than the hand to hand fighting in ME1 is anybody's guess, but again, optimism. They didn't show off any gunplay at least.

#78 Posted by Boom_goes_the_dynamite (692 posts) -

I kinda loved the "when it's done" part at the end.

#79 Edited by gike987 (1749 posts) -

@rasmoss: The fighting was never the problem it was the rooms full of people shooting at you with guns at the end of the game. The guards in the trailers looked like they carried batons.

#80 Edited by Zeik (2222 posts) -

@gike987: I can't imagine there won't be guards with guns in the game at some point. The key will be allowing you to either run away or give you a reasonable way to disarm them without having to pick up a gun yourself. That was the real issue with the original. It was fine when you were just running away from enemies with guns, but once you had no choice but to pick up a gun and clear out a room of enemies it lost everything it did so well.

#81 Posted by SefaRed (120 posts) -

Awesome news! Didn't think it'd ever happen, a little bit of faith (geddit?) in games has been restored! Finished the first game twice, each time in a single sitting. Just hope Solar Fields is doing the soundtrack again.

#82 Posted by gike987 (1749 posts) -

@zeik: Yeah, running from them was fine. It was at the end of the game were you had to disarm entire rooms full of people with guns.

#83 Edited by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

@zeik: We saw a guard with a gun in the trailer; he was standing a bit in the background.

#84 Edited by Capum15 (4808 posts) -

I had a pretty big smile when I saw that trailer start and realized what it was about.

#85 Posted by Cincaid (2953 posts) -

Geoff Keighley

EA just sent out a press release that Mirror's Edge is not "Mirror's Edge 2." It's an "origin story."

So uh, alright?

#86 Edited by Azteck (7449 posts) -

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

#87 Edited by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

@cincaid said:
Geoff Keighley

EA just sent out a press release that Mirror's Edge is not "Mirror's Edge 2." It's an "origin story."

So uh, alright?

Oh no. A prequel. /scaredface

#88 Posted by Zeik (2222 posts) -

@funkydupe: Well it's not like the story was anything special anyway. I actually don't even remember how that game ended.

#89 Edited by Venatio (4482 posts) -

@zeik said:

@funkydupe: Well it's not like the story was anything special anyway. I actually don't even remember how that game ended.

Faith jumped into a helicopter that was taking off on top of a skyscraper, kicking out the main bad guy and saving her sister.

The story was alright in the first game, I wished they'd done more because I loved the concept but hopefully the sequel expands on the fiction

Still love the game

#90 Edited by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

@zeik: Because knowing how it all ends just makes everything seem worthwhile? These are story reflections of course; the game can still be fun regardless of the story and characters which is what I'm hoping for. :)

#91 Posted by Spaceyoghurt (159 posts) -

@rasmoss said:

@funkydupe said:
@rasmoss said:

No, I get all that, I'm just not as sure as everyone else apparently is that they'll fix all the issues. The fact that they start off with a trailer focused on fighting should get some warning lights blinking.

Hehe, well, It's a trailer, what did you expect? For an announcement teaser I would say it did a pretty good job on showing stuff that a lot of us liked from the first game. They won't cut down on action, I just think they will differentiate it even more from your typical FPS. They have a lot of feedback from fans, so none or less gun play is pretty much something we can expect. More traversal puzzle sequences, run and chasing through cool environments etc.

DICE really care about this franchise, and have been pushing for it to be made for a long time. And since they already deliver a great FPS for EA in Battlefield, there's no reason for them to make another one of those, would just water down their portfolio. Both DICE and EA know they're unto something different and exciting here, so I think there are plenty of reasons to be hyped about this announcement.

Also, it's concept is still a fresh breeze compared to everything else in the genre. That's a reason good as any to be excited.

#92 Posted by SploogeStain (39 posts) -

I think I just dribbled in my pants

#93 Posted by BoG (5181 posts) -

I wouldn't say that Mirror's Edge was in my top 10 for this generation, but it was fun and interesting enough that I have always planned on buying the sequel. I'm glad it's happening.

#94 Posted by Nictel (2380 posts) -

I just want to run... I would love to do this in my daily life but too afraid of killing myself.

#95 Edited by kishinfoulux (2254 posts) -

@rasmoss said:

It's okay. Keep letting everyone pretend it was some GOTY shit or something. When it actually hits then they'll remember "oh right this game was only okay not amazing".

#96 Edited by Zeik (2222 posts) -

@kishinfoulux: It was a game with a lot of potential that didn't reach all of that potential. Whether or not the second one succeeds in capitalizing on that potential more fully than the first one does not change the potential that is there.

I think the reason people are hopeful though is that it really wouldn't take that much work to fix the biggest flaws with the original.

#97 Posted by psylah (2162 posts) -

SIGN ME UP. PREORDER CONIRMED. COLLECTORS EDITION ORDERED.

On the topic of Faith's shoes, I've been hunting for the likes of them for a long time.

The closest I had been able to find were Nike Rift, a tabi-style sneaker that was apparently only made in women's sizes, which is a bummer for a size 11 male like myself.

http://www.plunderguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/nike_rift_red.jpg

If I can find an analogue to what she wears in the new game, I'll be very happy.

#98 Edited by HellknightLeon (449 posts) -

Didn't play the first one... not going to get into this one... maybe I'm missing out. Oh well so much other stuff to get into they don't need my money. (I hope)

#99 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7049 posts) -

@kishinfoulux: Why should fans of the game give two shits what it's Metacritic (obviously the most accurate measure of quality lol. You sound like Bethesda. 79 is a good score, anyway.) score was OR how it sold? And who the fuck are you to denounce their fandom because your tastes don't match theirs?

#100 Posted by JouselDelka (967 posts) -

@coafi said:

I'm so excited! I'm so excited!

Please sing Rebecca Black lyrics correctly, have some respect for legendary music.

It goes "we we we so exciteh, we so exciteh."

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.