Mirror's Edge 2 tease?

#1 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

The DICE community manager Daniel "Zh1nt0" Matros tweeted that picture earlier, with the caption "Oh, so peaceful!
 A week ago, a DICE staffer tweeted about ME2 being developed on the Frostbite 2 engine (the one used for BF3), but the tweet was pulled quickly 

I can't wait. Mirror's Edge is by far one of the most unique and immersive experiences i ever had.
#2 Posted by Animasta (14719 posts) -

I will buy this game on origin, even

Mirror's Edge was amazing

#3 Posted by UlquioKani (1180 posts) -

loved the first, maybe they will make it longer because that was its only problem really

#4 Posted by GentlemanlyGentleman (320 posts) -

Yes! I've wanted this since I finished the first.

Now to be crushingly disappointed when we are inevitably told it's not true.

#5 Posted by eroticfishcake (7789 posts) -

With all the talk of Mirror's Edge and the Frostbite 2 Engine it's no real surprise really. Still, Mirror's Edge 2 would be great since I really liked the look and concept of the first one despite the massive pain in the ass it was.

#6 Posted by Solh0und (1849 posts) -

If it got announced, I would preorder it immediately.  

That game was so damn pretty.

#7 Edited by Zimbo (875 posts) -

Woo! I loved the first game. The game looked amazing on the Unreal Engine. I can't even imagine what it would look like on Frostbite 2.

#8 Posted by SgtGrumbles (1024 posts) -

Man I loved everything about Mirrors Edge, not sure what they can do for a sequel though.

#9 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

Oh PLEASE!!!!

#10 Posted by Red12b (9085 posts) -

awesome

#11 Edited by Harmonican (60 posts) -

I'm reading this thread while listening to the Child of Eden QL which makes it even more peaceful.

#12 Posted by EuanDewar (5098 posts) -

Oh fuck yeah, now this is a sequel I can get behind.

#13 Edited by Venatio (4493 posts) -

I still think Mirror's Edge is the most beautiful game I've ever seen, love that artstyle so much, I've been waiting for a sequel since the credits of the first game, finished it like 4 times

The only thing I want from DICE is Mirror's Edge 2, I'll pre order it even which I don't do often, but I realise that it'll probably be a while

I mean the game sold reasonably well eventually and the franchise has so much potential

#14 Posted by MaFoLu (1859 posts) -

I love Mirror's Edge, and I'm hoping that they will make a sequel at some point.

I doubt it will happen any time soon, though...

#15 Posted by StarvingGamer (8551 posts) -

Hopefully there will be less shooting this time around (probably not).

#16 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@StarvingGamer said:
Hopefully there will be less shooting this time around (probably not).
the shooting was one of my favorite parts of that game. Pulling it off all in one move without dying felt like such a great accomplishment 
#17 Posted by Blackout62 (1405 posts) -

"ME2 being developed on the Frostbite 2 engine".

Mass Effect 2 on the frostbite 2 engine? Talk about shooterification.

But joke aside YAY! MORE MIRROR'S EDGE!

#18 Posted by benjaebe (2784 posts) -

Day one buy, all my money EA, etc. etc.

Mirror's Edge remains one of my favorite games of this generation and had, in my opinion, probably the greatest visual style I've seen. Absolutely gorgeous. Been waiting on them to announce this for a long time.

#19 Posted by valrog (3648 posts) -

Was really disappointed with the first, so I'm not looking forward to this one.

#20 Posted by Ghostin (369 posts) -

I look forward to seeing this one.
#21 Posted by RE_Player1 (7526 posts) -
Loved the first one. I felt bad buying it used so I bought the soundtrack, which is very good might I add, so when this comes out I'll get it day 1 for sure.
#22 Posted by Subjugation (4740 posts) -

Now if only Shenmue 3 was resurrected from the dead, my list of sequels that dearly need to happen would shrink to a bearable level. I'm excited beyond belief for this. I absolutely loved Mirror's Edge to death and would absolutely buy a sequel any way possible.

#23 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -

AHHH pleeeasseee make a 2nd one. I enjoyed the fuck outta one. While it was broken as shit, it was so fun. Pretty good story as well.

#24 Posted by probablytuna (3822 posts) -

@Blackout62: Exactly what I was thinking.

#25 Posted by AlexW00d (6432 posts) -

@Zimbo said:

Woo! I loved the first game. The game looked amazing on the Unreal Engine. I can't even imagine what it would look like on Frostbite 2.

It would look... Unreal.

#26 Posted by psylah (2185 posts) -

I am mentally, spiritually, and physically aroused by ME2.

#27 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

I enjoyed Mirrors Edge.

#28 Posted by Steve_C (1757 posts) -

ME2 is way more interesting to me than anything EA is currently touting. I really enjoyed the original.

#29 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2690 posts) -

That's so cool, I'd love to see Mirrors Edge on the frostbite engine. 
#30 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@Bloodgraiv3 said:
it was on the frostbite engine. frostbite 1.5, the same one used for the Bad Company games (if i'm not mistaken) 

This one will be built using the BF3 engine - Frostbite 2.0  (Though if you think about it, all the lighting and rendering videos/pics we've seen of BF3 look like they were taken right out of Mirror's Edge.. makes me think ME was built on FB2, but that's impossible)
#31 Posted by KillyDarko (1888 posts) -

I hope this is true, I really liked Mirror's Edge and would very much like to see a sequel.

#32 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2690 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
@Bloodgraiv3 said:
it was on the frostbite engine. frostbite 1.5, the same one used for the Bad Company games (if i'm not mistaken)  This one will be built using the BF3 engine - Frostbite 2.0  (Though if you think about it, all the lighting and rendering videos/pics we've seen of BF3 look like they were taken right out of Mirror's Edge.. makes me think ME was built on FB2, but that's impossible)

Naw, the first Mirrors Edge was on Unreal.
#33 Posted by Funkydupe (3321 posts) -

If we could create our own character, give the character various skills and if the combat wasn't as half-assed, I'd definitely play it! 

(A more open environment couldn't hurt either. ((cooperation/adversarial modes in multiplayer)).

#34 Posted by m2cks (594 posts) -

Oh God YES. I felt that people kinda dismissed the first Mirror's Edge because of its flaws, and turned a blind eye to the many things that it did right. It remains one of my favorite games to play on the 360, and I feel a sense of elation that it just might get a well-deserved sequel. I just cannot wait.

#35 Posted by NTM (7542 posts) -

That would be great, the first didn't have a lot of replay value, but other than that, I thought just about everything else ranged from good to fantastic.

#36 Posted by Castiel (2732 posts) -

Oh god I hope so!

#37 Posted by AuthenticM (3802 posts) -

Mirror's Edge 2 running on Frostbite Engine 2? Me wants.

#38 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5293 posts) -

Yeah I'm down for another one. Here's hoping they don't jack it up too much trying to make it appeal to a larger audience.

It was so awesome once you really got moving in that game and could keep it going.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.