Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mirror's Edge

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 11, 2008

In a futuristic totalitarian dystopia, a master courier (in a group of renegade "runners") investigates a conspiracy, while outrunning the deadly government military, in this parkour-inspired first-person action game.

Is this game worth $10?

DBZ_Fanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DBZ_Fanatic

Just bought this game for $10 on ps3, do you think that was a good deal on my part? I remember seeing this game full price holiday season so when I saw it I bought it without doing much research so i wouldn't be surprised if its terrible at the end or something. 

alsnuts2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By alsnuts2

I scooped it up for 25 a month or so ago and was completely satisfied.  I really think it is an under rated experiance. there are a few sections (almost all of them combat) that will infuriate you especially toward the end.  (All I can say is beware the garage door at the bottom of some metal stairs... Youll know)

Spike94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Spike94

Miror's Edge, I assume? For ten dollars, yes, you did the right thing by buying it. Even if you don't like it, you bought it for two dollars more than what you could have rented it for (BlockBuster's $8 dollar rentals are for BlockBusters nationwide, right?). Personally, I rented it and enjoyed it.

R3cruit3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By R3cruit3D

I played for about an hour at my cousins house, its pretty impressive, but i imagine that after a while it can get repetitive, but i could well be proven wrong, apart from that i think its pretty amazing (and sometimes tricky, a bit puzzling more than anything)

CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CowMuffins

Yes.

R3cruit3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By R3cruit3D
    @Spike94:  Actually blockbusters is international (You said $8 so i assume you're in america, and theres one in the town next to me) so i guess it is international
    Spike94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Spike94
    @R3cruit3D: Ah, thank you sir. International, you say? That's interesting as well as...well, good. Perhaps somewhere in the back of my mind I figured it had to be international, with a franchise as big as BlockBusters (though, are they going under? I thought I heard that somewhere...). And yes, I live in America, kudos on the deduction.
    Spike94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Spike94

Ah, correction, a friend lent me it, I didn't rent it.*** Still, if I did spend the eight dollars it costs to rent something, I would have regretted nothing.

CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By CoolDrMoney

Just using the demo as a reference point, I would definitely pick it up for $10.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By TheMustacheHero

I think it's worth more than 10 dollars, so if you can get it at that...GO FOR IT!

Avatar image for incrediblebulk92
    IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By IncredibleBulk92

I rented this game and I completely regret spending money on it.  The free running stuff is pretty cool but the game just keeps forcing you into these shitty combat sequences where you have to wait around corners until guys walk around them before hitting the Y button at exactly the right moment to not die.  If they were fun, avoidable or even piss easy I wouldn't mind it as much.  But forcing the player to fight such pointless rubbish arena style fights is just not fun.  I honestly couldn't bring myself to finish the game, i stopped at exactly the point that alsnuts2 is refering too.

In all honesty the time trial mode and the DLC they released sounded a lot more interesting than the game itself was.

EDIT: Oh god I just remembered the terrible story and horrible cut scenes.  I advise everybody to just watch the first trailer for the game and think to themselves, "wow that game looks awesome! Shame it never came out" and then erase it from your memory.
    mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mikeeegeee

Mirror's Edge was one of the most refreshing games I've played in years, both aesthetically and gameplay-wise. Unfortunately, it could've benefited from an open world, a longer single player adventure, and a more fleshed out hand-to-hand combat system. While the hand to hand is still quite visceral, it does become frustrating.

I have /very/ high hopes for the sequal. This is a formula that can only be improved upon.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Demyx

For 10 bucks I think you made a great decision

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.