Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

MLB 10: The Show

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Sony's award-winning baseball franchise returns for the 2010 season with another installment of The Show. New features including Road to The Show Version 4.0 now enabling you to call the game as a catcher as well as the return of the Home Run Derby.

Wow, MLB 10 The Show is a graphics and animation powerhouse!

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TwoOneFive
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By natetodamax

That kinda blew my mind.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TwoOneFive

new video shows amazing stadium details, crowd animations, and real-time bull-pen and even the mascot animating and more... : 

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By JoelTGM

The graphics don't seem too outstanding, but the animations are very good.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Evilsbane

Looked ok.

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By carlthenimrod

The animation is really impressive. Joe Mauer is on the cover though so they probably spent the most time on him.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Hunkulese

A lot of that was promotional footage. The small popup boxes were the only actual gameplay footage. I'm not saying the game wont look good but don't expect too much of an improvement over last year.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @DOUBLESHOCK: 
    fuck outta here, the graphics are top knotch
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @Hunkulese said:

" A lot of that was promotional footage. The small popup boxes were the only actual gameplay footage. I'm not saying the game wont look good but don't expect too much of an improvement over last year. "

first off, everything you saw was competely real-time and in-game. they showed a small box so you could see what the in game camera would show, and the camera was panned back so you could see it all from a different angle. i have MLB 09, and it always looked exactly the way they advertised. if you think they are trying to bullshit people with this footage, all you have to do is try the game out yourself when its released and see for yourself. 
    JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By JoelTGM
    @TwoOneFive: sorry it just looks a little smooth and cartoony to me, but not saying it looks bad, it looks great.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @DOUBLESHOCK said:
    " @TwoOneFive: sorry it just looks a little smooth and cartoony to me, but not saying it looks bad, it looks great. "
    i got ya. you have to compare it to non-sports games though. The environment is huge here, and very detailed, there are dozens of highly detailed character models on the field and in the dug-out, and the audience is verrrrry detailed (definitely way better than audiences in any other sports games, most games the audiences look like card board cut-outs like in Madden for instance). Add on that the ridiculous amount of animations among the players, umps, and audience (like people walking around and up the stairs, diving over the wall for the ball) and also the animated stuff like the billboards and if need be the more unique stuff at certain stadiums like the pacific bell stadium showing the boats and water beyond the wall. 
    handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By handlas

There's a demo up of this game.  

I use to play baseball but I'm not really into watching it or anything (haven't played a baseball game in years either). But wow, this game is fun.  And the graphics are some of the best I've seen for any videogame.  I love how the dirt gets messed up as the game goes on and how when a player slides and gets dirt on his clothes it stays on him the entire game.  Just all around nice presentation.  I really love the announcers as well.  It's like they have something to say for every situtation.  I was doing terrible the first time I played the demo and they had some funny stuff to say about it.

First The Show game I've played, I'm impressed.  I hear the MP is buggy tho?

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By TheHBK

Well played Mauer.  While the graphics are great, the best part of this game are the commercials.  Seriously, love them.  Oh and the game plays great, best baseball game I have ever played.

Avatar image for killer_meatballs
    killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By killer_meatballs

I haven't played a baseball game in a long time.  Very long time.  I might have to pick this up.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By shadows_kill

yeah it looks amazing... still havent gotten the rhythm of when to swing and all that yet though (thats why i avoid BB games cause i always have troubles) 

still great game and great improvment (since last BB game i have played was 2004 one xD )

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.