250GB Xbox 360 Hard Drive Confirmed, Part Of Modern Warfare 2 Bundle

• 158 results
Posted by Jeff (3400 posts) -

Our very own Brad Shoemaker and Drew Scanlon are down in Los Angeles right now, playing Modern Warfare 2. Man, when Brad said "hey, do you want to go to this thing" last week, I should have said yes. Instead I chose the responsible thing, staying here and reviewing games.

Anyway, he's been posting some updates on his Twitter account from the event, including this picture, which details a limited edition Xbox 360 that'll be released alongside Infinity Ward's latest.

Major.

In case you're using lynx and can't see pictures on the World Wide Web, that's an Xbox 360 with Modern Warfare 2 graphics all over it. It'll have a 250GB hard drive on it, confirming that such a piece of hardware will, at some point, exist. That drive's been popping up in rumors for a little while now. It'll also come with two wireless controllers and a copy of the game. The package will retail for $399 and I'm guessing it'll hit day-and-date with the software on November 10.

We'll have more Modern Warfare 2 stuff from the event soon. Sounds like they'll be playing three different maps.    
Staff
#1 Posted by Jeff (3400 posts) -

Our very own Brad Shoemaker and Drew Scanlon are down in Los Angeles right now, playing Modern Warfare 2. Man, when Brad said "hey, do you want to go to this thing" last week, I should have said yes. Instead I chose the responsible thing, staying here and reviewing games.

Anyway, he's been posting some updates on his Twitter account from the event, including this picture, which details a limited edition Xbox 360 that'll be released alongside Infinity Ward's latest.

Major.

In case you're using lynx and can't see pictures on the World Wide Web, that's an Xbox 360 with Modern Warfare 2 graphics all over it. It'll have a 250GB hard drive on it, confirming that such a piece of hardware will, at some point, exist. That drive's been popping up in rumors for a little while now. It'll also come with two wireless controllers and a copy of the game. The package will retail for $399 and I'm guessing it'll hit day-and-date with the software on November 10.

We'll have more Modern Warfare 2 stuff from the event soon. Sounds like they'll be playing three different maps.    
Staff
#2 Posted by Jayzilla (2554 posts) -

that looks rad! if i didn't have a 360 i would get that!

#3 Posted by Skillface (560 posts) -

Nice!

#4 Posted by hilld (32 posts) -

So $100 for COD and some extra space doesnt seem like a bad deal. 

#5 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

good deal

#6 Posted by HistoryInRust (6267 posts) -

Just the drive, please. Thanks.

#7 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

Damn that is a crazy deal!

#8 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

Off topic:

I was going to make a topic about this (seeing that there wasn't one at the time).  Nice to see Jeff making the headlines as they arrive :)

Anyways, on topic:

That console looks awesome.  If I didn't already own 3 Xbox 360's, I would buy this.

#9 Posted by RipTheVeins (1544 posts) -
@hilld said:
" So $100 for COD and some extra space doesnt seem like a bad deal.  "
and an extra controller
#10 Posted by Bubahula (2197 posts) -

thats awesome
#11 Posted by Delta_Ass (3246 posts) -

A 250gig HD, available as an accessory for the low price of 299!

#12 Posted by Chewii101 (820 posts) -

Still only have the 20 GB and this is looks...........dam tempting....must resist!

#13 Posted by composite (132 posts) -

Done and done.  
Good bye 20 GB, no HDMI, red ringing POS. 
Hello 250 GB, HDMI, modern warfare 2 beauty.

#14 Posted by MassiveRiot (34 posts) -

Pass!

#15 Posted by Dethfish (3618 posts) -

I want that bundle. I'm sick of my 20gb hard drive. Having 2 new controllers, a new 360 and MW2 wouldn't hurt either.

#16 Posted by Navster (51 posts) -

The console war just got interesting again. :)

#17 Posted by produceman (98 posts) -

ahh man that looks awesome and its at a reasonablie price but seeing how i already own a 360 i'll hold out intil they sell the drive at a reasonabile price.......which probally wont happen
#18 Posted by HT101 (1151 posts) -

I still have a 20 GB hard drive as well but I am gonna upgrade to a 120 GB HD soon.

#19 Posted by JJOR64 (18881 posts) -

I just want to know if they are going to sell the HDD by itself.

#20 Posted by and333 (842 posts) -

Fuck! really which I would have just passed on my sweet red RE4 360 and got this one with the 250 Harddrive.....hmmmm....might think about trading in the one I got now to buy this one cause....I want my 360 to have sweet graphics on it even tho my red one is awesome...CRAP.

Okay only question that i will make or break this desicion: Is it the limited editon thats coming with this 360 if not no sale, cause I want those night vision goggles!

#21 Posted by zombie2011 (4968 posts) -
@RipTheVeins said:
" @hilld said:
and an extra controller "
Thats a great deal, 
#22 Posted by DuhQbnSiLo (2139 posts) -

i haven't filled my 120, but i want the HDD! more space is sexy :D

#23 Posted by Tophat666 (229 posts) -

Holy Jizz.
Too bad I already own a 360 (on my third)
And I have enough space on my 120GB.
Also who wants CODMW2 i they don't already own a 360 in the first place.  WTF.

But I can see why they are doing this though.

#24 Posted by Yzzerdd (521 posts) -

They are going to retail the HDD at 500 bucks just watch

#25 Posted by Darkstorn (463 posts) -

Great deal, but I'm gonna go with the PS3 Slim. Looks like Sony's got some value-oriented competition now.

#26 Posted by Absinthetic (172 posts) -

is the wireless included?

if not then i'll pass on getting ths for the living room in the basment

#27 Posted by Three0neFive (2285 posts) -

Not trying to incite fanboy wars or anything, but doesn't anyone else find it funny that Microsoft are hyping this as an exclusive? It's not even the best version, the PC version of CoD4 was much, much, much better than either of the other two versions.

#28 Posted by CptBedlam (4449 posts) -

Now, MS, reduce the pricetag of the stand-alone hdd's to a reasonable level so people can upgrade without spending a fortune.

#29 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -
@hilld said:
and a 2nd wireless controller.
#30 Posted by nail1080 (1975 posts) -

Damn I only wish they made this deal with a game worth getting and not what I think to be a linear noob fest of a generic shooter

#31 Posted by MeatSim (10732 posts) -

Doing the responsible thing is always the wrong choice. 

#32 Posted by Dryker (490 posts) -

Now, if they'll only reduce the price of the 120 HDD, I may consider a purchase. Micro-managing storage is a bitch, but the value of the 120 has never matched its price.
#33 Posted by UsbCable (235 posts) -
@composite said:
" Done and done.  Good bye 20 GB, no HDMI, red ringing POS. Hello 250 GB, HDMI, modern warfare 2 beauty. "
Same here except for the 20GB part, i bought a 120gig a while back. I've sent my HDMI less console in for repair about 8-9 times while paying every year to extend the warranty and never gave up to buy a new 360. I'm gonna bite on this if i can scrap up the cash or wait to see what they do with the natal bundle, me so happy. :)
#34 Posted by and333 (842 posts) -
@Meatsim: AHHH so true! I'm an american and I love being able to buy stuff I probablly don't need when what I have is good enough! that might be sarcastic but I do!
#35 Posted by MasterOfPenguins_Zell (2093 posts) -

Wow, I'd totally go for this if I didn't already have a 360...

#36 Posted by EndrzGame (323 posts) -

My only question is if the data transfer kit will work for 120-250? I'm assuming that is would. I have a launch system with no HDMI that I upgraded to a 120gig. I'd gladly trade it in for this new model. Looks sweet. Leave it to MS. Bundle what will arguably be the highest selling multi-platform game along with the largest HD out of the box with an extra controller and custom paint job. Gratz! 
Surprised it's not Halo but oh-well.

#37 Posted by Capum15 (4789 posts) -

Ugh, if I had extra money, I totally would get it. My 12GB is halfway full and that's without any games/music/videos installed on it. Extra controller, 250Gigs + MW2 is awesome.

#38 Posted by dexterslu (290 posts) -

Maybe this will possible bump the price of hard-drives down ? I really hope so, would love to get 120 or a 250. I do have a 60 but I've got to manage so many retail installs that it's a pain..

#39 Posted by Jesus_Juice (251 posts) -
@Three0neFive said:
" Not trying to incite fanboy wars or anything, but doesn't anyone else find it funny that Microsoft are hyping this as an exclusive? It's not even the best version, the PC version of CoD4 was much, much, much better than either of the other two versions. "
What made it "much, much, much better"?
#40 Posted by SoothsayerGB (1468 posts) -

I can't get excited about 360 hardware.  Not when,  I'm on my 4th console, 2nd controller, and have had to re-buy several games for the PS3.  After my 360 scratched them.

They and their new hardware can go straight to hell. 

#41 Posted by killdave (1073 posts) -
@Three0neFive said:
" Not trying to incite fanboy wars or anything, but doesn't anyone else find it funny that Microsoft are hyping this as an exclusive? It's not even the best version, the PC version of CoD4 was much, much, much better than either of the other two versions. "
It is an Microsoft exclusive ... they are the only ones who produce xbox 360's after all ^^
#42 Posted by canucks23 (1087 posts) -

Microsoft sure seems to be trying to get ps3 to have no mw2 sales. What exactly are they trying to prove though? We all knew it'd sell way better on xbox anyways, i dont see why they're throwing so much money at this stuff.

#43 Posted by Computerplayer1 (991 posts) -

Soooo if the 120 gig HDD is $140, then the 250 gig HDD should be about....Oh dear sweet God.

#44 Posted by mnzy (2911 posts) -
@SoothsayerGB said:
" I can't get excited about 360 hardware.  Not when,  I'm on my 4th console, 2nd controller, and have had to re-buy several games for the PS3.  After my 360 scratched them.  They and their new hardware can go straight to hell.  "
Why are your PS3-games in your 360 anyway. 
They can't stop there, that is bat country!
#45 Posted by PhilESkyline (772 posts) -

I just want to know what chipset they will be using for this SKU. 

The failure rate has to come into question.

#46 Posted by Ben_H (3289 posts) -

250 gig harddrive to buy separately please.  I think the current price of the 120gig would be appropriate because of how the cost of hard drives has gone down since those came out.

#47 Posted by Nicholas (367 posts) -

What the fuck!?!

I'm considering getting this. But but but! I already have MW2 preordered... twice. I can't find the receipt of my first preorder (this was before the different editions were announced).

#48 Posted by IronScimitar (478 posts) -

Hotcakes.

#49 Posted by Krataur (336 posts) -

I'm excited about this announcement if only for the fact the 120 GB stand alone HDD may drop in price.

#50 Posted by Three0neFive (2285 posts) -
@killdave said:
" @Three0neFive said:
It is an Microsoft exclusive ... they are the only ones who produce xbox 360's after all ^^ "
I meant the game, I couldn't care less about a console with some green paint slapped on. :/ 

@Jesus_Juice said:
" @Three0neFive said:
What made it "much, much, much better"? "

Better controls, better graphics, tons of great mods, free online, the map pack was free, more bug fixes, etc. Pretty much everything.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.