Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

Been Playing modern warfare 2 on PC

Dafub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By Dafub

I got it as a christmas present. 

The single Player is pretty good but the plot "twist" is a bit of a head scratcher what exactly is you know who's motivation for doing what he does? 

The multi player while good has reintroduced me to something I have not experienced in a long time e.g lag and host drops. 

This happens on 360 but on PC it's been an alien experience for ooh a decade at least. 

CS with dedicated servers on a dial up modem back in 2000 was not a bad proposition at all. 

I'm convinced they dropped dedicated server free to download software so they can make money down the line from server rentals. 

At least thats my guess. 

I do love the SPAS 12 as a secondary though  :)
    Dafub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Dafub

I got it as a christmas present. 

The single Player is pretty good but the plot "twist" is a bit of a head scratcher what exactly is you know who's motivation for doing what he does? 

The multi player while good has reintroduced me to something I have not experienced in a long time e.g lag and host drops. 

This happens on 360 but on PC it's been an alien experience for ooh a decade at least. 

CS with dedicated servers on a dial up modem back in 2000 was not a bad proposition at all. 

I'm convinced they dropped dedicated server free to download software so they can make money down the line from server rentals. 

At least thats my guess. 

I do love the SPAS 12 as a secondary though  :)
    Alphawolfy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Alphawolfy

Seems like this is a good present to give as many people know about it. A couple of friends and I recently gave my friend MW2 and 1 yr of Xbox Live for his birthday. And glad to see someone else likes the SPAS-12! Anyway I do remember laggy servers with Left 4 Dead 1 (PC), but other than that I haven't really done much multiplayer on the PC recently. Ahh whatever lag will always be a part of online multiplayer for me I guess, simply because I live in Taiwan (until I move to the US or something) :(

Also you should listen to the MW2 Bombcast/Spoilercast from around the time that MW2 was released. They have quite an interesting discussion about plot motivations and stuff.

finmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By finmon

I had no idea You Know Who was in it!  
    I'd be careful about investigating his dark motivations.
    Dafub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Dafub

@finmon said:

"
    I had no idea You Know Who was in it!  I'd be careful about investigating his dark motivations. "

Ha ha ha..........stupid book reader......
    Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Binman88
    @Dafub: The online issues really feel like a step back don't they?

Asides from that though, I found the multiplayer maps to be a lot worse than those in CoD4. The layout of most of the maps encourages camping and sniping, which, for me, is just not fun. I find it a lot more interesting to be constantly on the move, relying on reflexes, quick thinking and aiming ability to do well in a match.
    Dafub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dafub
    @Binman88 said:
    " @Dafub: The online issues really feel like a step back don't they?  Asides from that though, I found the multiplayer maps to be a lot worse than those in CoD4. The layout of most of the maps encourages camping and sniping, which, for me, is just not fun. I find it a lot more interesting to be constantly on the move, relying on reflexes, quick thinking and aiming ability to do well in a match. "

The multiplayer maps are smaller alright but thats no supprise with it only supporting 18 players. 

Plus a number of the maps are very dense urban areas with alot elavated vantage points and narrow allyways with multiple points of approch very ambush friendly
    Valco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By Valco

I'm now a fully fleged PC gamer, and I love modern warfare 1 and 2, but on the whole bitch slap IW dealt out to the PC issue, i've just given up because I am now aware that no matter how much I bitch, moan and petition, I have payed them their money; so IW couln't give a fuck .
    ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
    @Dafub said:
    " I got it as a christmas present.  The single Player is pretty good but the plot "twist" is a bit of a head scratcher what exactly is you know who's motivation for doing what he does?  The multi player while good has reintroduced me to something I have not experienced in a long time e.g lag and host drops.  This happens on 360 but on PC it's been an alien experience for ooh a decade at least.  CS with dedicated servers on a dial up modem back in 2000 was not a bad proposition at all.  I'm convinced they dropped dedicated server free to download software so they can make money down the line from server rentals.  At least thats my guess.   I do love the SPAS 12 as a secondary though  :) "

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.