Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is Fun!

Posted by Colorwind (257 posts) -

So I started playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 this weekend after realizing that I hadn’t played a Call of Duty game since the first Modern Warfare game. I am so surprised by how fun this game is. I’ve been focusing on the single player campaign, as I’m not a fan of online play especially for FPS games, and I am surprised as to how enthralled I am in the story of this game. I barely knew what was happening in Modern Warfare 1 but I am digging this game. The invasion of America, the rescue of Captain Price, it’s all wonderful. The one issue I have is the infamous No Russian mission, which is optional since it’s so controversial.

I wasn’t offended by it but considering from a story point, it was unnecessary and doesn’t make sense. Shooting all those civilians is sensationalism and although how it ends sets the stage for the rest of the story, it doesn’t add up. So one dead American left behind means the attack must’ve been ordered by all of the USA? No one is going to check this in Russia? What about the other gunmen? You’re not going to try and find them? Also, an attack on an airport translates into an all-out assault on Washington D.C.?

Aside from that, the story is engaging and cohesive enough that I can understand it despite the military jargon. I don’t like shooters so this is a surprise to me. I’m almost done, I’m on Act III, Scene 5, but even though I’m not done, I can recommend buying this game just on the campaign alone. A noteworthy tangent, I’m playing the PC version of the game and if you can run it at max settings, this is the way to go. Superior controls and beautiful graphics make this the best version IMO. Anyways, what have you been playing recently? Comment below and let us know.

#1 Posted by Colorwind (257 posts) -

So I started playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 this weekend after realizing that I hadn’t played a Call of Duty game since the first Modern Warfare game. I am so surprised by how fun this game is. I’ve been focusing on the single player campaign, as I’m not a fan of online play especially for FPS games, and I am surprised as to how enthralled I am in the story of this game. I barely knew what was happening in Modern Warfare 1 but I am digging this game. The invasion of America, the rescue of Captain Price, it’s all wonderful. The one issue I have is the infamous No Russian mission, which is optional since it’s so controversial.

I wasn’t offended by it but considering from a story point, it was unnecessary and doesn’t make sense. Shooting all those civilians is sensationalism and although how it ends sets the stage for the rest of the story, it doesn’t add up. So one dead American left behind means the attack must’ve been ordered by all of the USA? No one is going to check this in Russia? What about the other gunmen? You’re not going to try and find them? Also, an attack on an airport translates into an all-out assault on Washington D.C.?

Aside from that, the story is engaging and cohesive enough that I can understand it despite the military jargon. I don’t like shooters so this is a surprise to me. I’m almost done, I’m on Act III, Scene 5, but even though I’m not done, I can recommend buying this game just on the campaign alone. A noteworthy tangent, I’m playing the PC version of the game and if you can run it at max settings, this is the way to go. Superior controls and beautiful graphics make this the best version IMO. Anyways, what have you been playing recently? Comment below and let us know.

#2 Posted by Bell_End (1208 posts) -

all the CoD/MW games are fun. its just the extreemist we either HAte!!! or LovE!!!! everything that want them dead.

#3 Posted by believer258 (11949 posts) -

Are you going to pick up Black Ops 2 now?

#4 Posted by pweidman (2340 posts) -

I loved that MW2 campaign, played through it twice.

In other news Halo 4 came out. ;)

#5 Posted by Colorwind (257 posts) -

@believer258: Unfortunately, I don't have the money to but that's okay. I want to play the first Black Ops and Modern Warfare 3 before I do anyways.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.