Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

Can anyone still play MW2 seriously after coming back from BC2?

• 57 results
    churrific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By churrific

After about a month and a half straight of epic fun times in BC2, I decided to come back to MW2 for a break. Wow, my mindset is totally different now. Before it was all about max kills, a high K/D ratio, being amazingly annoyed at campers and akimbo shotgun users. Now I'm just running out there in the middle of the map, without a care in the world, and doing 360 degree no scopes with my barrett just hoping for that awesome stupidness to connect with someone's face. I just went 4-20. Eh who cares. I think I might actually be having more fun this way. I'm guessing it's just a BC2 afterglow thing and I'll fall back into my frustrated "die suckas die" behavior, but anyone else feeling the same way?

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ArchScabby

yeah.  I mean no.

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3  Edited By danielkempster

You're playing a modern military shooter to take a break from another modern military shooter? 

The logic baffles me.

belaraphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By belaraphon

i find that playing mw2 is a little easier after playing bc2 for so long.  the shooting mechanics are easier in mw2 and now head / upper body shots feel a little easier to pull off. but that is just me!

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By meteora

Yeah, sure. For some reason I treat the MW series differently from Battlefield. Always liked to bitch about lots of stuff in MW, and it was encouraging because of the culture around blaming things on overpowered perks or guns (it got to the point where even the most underpowered weapon was considered as overpowered... at least with MW1). Battlefield, not nearly as much, though I do occasionally bitch about things in the game.

Old habits need to die man. Fucking need to be more naive and enjoy games...

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Cliche'd I know but since really just a pissing contest of which is better.
    Remind me? Has Bc2 outsold, got higher scores, and have more users online yet then MW2? Not yet? then I rest my case.
    BC1 I hated online, I tried the beta of Bc2 on ps3, and the demo on 360 and detested it.   

I want my Battle field games like Modern combat not Bad company games.

ArcLyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ArcLyte

i actually prefer MW2 over BFBC2. i think it's a much more polished and detailed game. BC2 is really fun but it's a little (quite) rough around the edges. MW2 is really fun and it looks and feels spectacular.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By meteora
    @WilliamRLBaker said:
    " Cliche'd I know but since really just a pissing contest of which is better. Remind me? Has Bc2 outsold, got higher scores, and have more users online yet then MW2? Not yet? then I rest my case. BC1 I hated online, I tried the beta of Bc2 on ps3, and the demo on 360 and detested it.     I want my Battle field games like Modern combat not Bad company games. "
    I notice that a lot. Though I think I notice it much more on Bad Company forums ever since DICE started pissing on MW2; sorta fueled this small war between the two franchise.

@ArcLyte said:
    " i actually prefer MW2 over BFBC2. i think it's a much more polished and detailed game. BC2 is really fun but it's a little (quite) rough around the edges. MW2 is really fun and it looks and feels spectacular. "
    How is it rough around the edges? I'm interested in hearing what others have to say.

I think both has pretty solid gameplay mechanics. For MW2 I like the smooth gameplay, with the exception of my gimped ass internet connection which makes me die alot or a shitty host.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @belaraphon said:
    " i find that playing mw2 is a little easier after playing bc2 for so long.  the shooting mechanics are easier in mw2 and now head / upper body shots feel a little easier to pull off. but that is just me! "
    yeah because cod series has the best controls, they are soooo precise. eveything else feels floaty. 
    mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mano521

i realized that mw2 wasnt for me at all.   like i would do fine in games,  getting maybe 15-30 kills a game and from 5-15 deaths.  but i would get sooo frusterated. everything in that game just seemed like a bitch move. m16s, running glitches, commando, heartbeat sensors, akimbo shotguns.    all of it felt soo much worse than the first game, which i loved.    but then i play bad company 2, and all i can do is have fun. if i die, it always made sense,   or it was so awesome that i couldnt argue with it.  the community is sooooo much better than mw2.  because you either play as a team or you suck at the game. this weeds out all the kids and douchebags who think they are tough shit for going 40-5 on mw2.  they just get put in their place 
    thats just my personal opinion 

i tried going back to mw2, and i still did basically the same as before, except i was wayyy more accurate for some reason, and i found myself firing in bursts more than i used to

Avatar image for aestheticsynthesis
    AestheticSynthesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't mind snipers in MW2 anymore.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Jadeskye
    @churrific: if you've ever played a battlefield game before you know that the two are very different playing styles and gameplay. battlefield is much more lax and slower paced from the frantic twitch gaming of MW2. Your feelings are perfectly understandable.
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Hamz

My personal feeling is that I find it difficult to play MW2 after playing any shooter, not just BFBC2, because I don't find MW2 to be that fun to play. And honestly when a game isn't fun to play what point is there in playing it? That's why I simply let people go on and enjoy the game while I go play something I find more fun such as BFBC2.

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By emkeighcameron

I haven't played MW2 but I've seen a lot of footage.....and I don't think I could handle it. It looks too "arcadey" for my tastes, I'm so used to BC2 that I don't think I could make the switch. I only have a PC, hence why I didn't get the damn game.

ricetopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ricetopher

MW2 is one of the only two games I've ever put serious time commitment into the multiplayer (the other being Gears 1). The problem with games like MW2 is that as time goes on, people get better and the people who aren't serious will move on. If you were at all already burned out on it, going back when the skill of the average player is most likely higher while you readjust will only make things worse.

Its because of this reason that I eventually stopped playing both games. Maybe its time to move on? 

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By REDRUN

Yup, its like riding a bike. MW2 does seem to be easier to play than BC2. BFBC2 is still the better game though.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By Jadeskye
    @Hamz: i know what you mean, the game is a lot more stressful then any other online shooter i've played in a while. maybe as far back as the Quake days of super fast twitch shooters. Luckily i'm rather good at it so i can just drop into it and have fun but in general, i prefer my games to be less stressful. Something where the load is shared among more people like a big Battlefield game.
    ArcLyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ArcLyte
    @Meteora:  weapon models / textures / mechanics are all wonkey in BC2, just enough to annoy me. DICE has always been notorious for this. for those who don't know DICE were the same team that developed the Desert Combat mod for BF1942 and they were later picked up by EA to develop BF2. the weapon mechanics in DC were wonkey, but it was forgivable as it was a mod. then BF2 came along and it was fun as hell but still suffered from the same annoying lack of correct weapon mechanics (pistol slide doesn't lock back after last round is fired, after slapping a clip into an empty rife there is no animation for cocking the rifle???) even weapons in the original CS did that, come on. now BC2 comes along and DICE still hasn't grasped weapon functionality, and they're making a game ALL ABOUT GUNS AND SHOOTING. seems to me as though they were almost being lazy, the least they could do is take a little time to figure out how guns work. IW with regard to textures just compare gameplay screens from MW2 and BC2 side-by-side so see what i mean, the difference is night and day. it's not very easy on the eyes. with all the shit people were giving IW about their matchmaking, all of the extremely hard work and dedication to crafting highly detailed and quality product seems to have been overlooked. say what you will about the match making but besides that they got every. little. thing. right. IW were masters of their craft and it shows through and through in MW2. *sheds a single tear*
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @dankempster said:

" You're playing a modern military shooter to take a break from another modern military shooter?  The logic baffles me. "

Modern Warfare 2 is the equivalent of Soldier of Fortune 2 in a modern (ish) engine whereas BC2 is a Battlefield game with destructible environments and unlockables.  They may have a somewhat similar context (both being modern combat styled FPS) but they are in no way similar games.

@ArcLyte said:
    " @Meteora:  weapon models / textures / mechanics are all wonkey in BC2, just enough to annoy me. DICE has always been notorious for this. f or those who don't know DICE were the same team that developed the Desert Combat mod for BF1942 and they were later picked up by EA to develop BF2. "

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU ON ABOUT?  DICE developed ALL of the Battlefield games.  Desert Combat was MOD made by a MOD team.  For those that don't know ArcLyte is completely deranged.
    mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mano521
    @ArcLyte:  you do have a point that IW prides themselves on every detail of weapon mechanics. but honestly i dont think MW2 is the kind of game that best uses that kind of thing. maybe that would be important in a more tactical fps such as Operation flashpoint, where the action isnt as fast paced.  you dont really have the time to see these minute and basically insignificant details IW put in when you are trying to not get shot by at least 3 other players. 
    true BC2 doesnt have the precisely correct gun mechanics, but its the gameplay styles people look at.  MW2 is a fast paced, arcade-y stlye shooter.  while bc2 is a team oriented, slower shooter.  i also find that BC2 is faaaar more visually appealling.  both games were extremely well made and were created for two different types of players. 
    i personally found it more fun to be a team player (ironic    if you wanna find out why refer to a previous thread i made) 
    pwnasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By pwnasaurus
    @WilliamRLBaker said:
    "Cliche'd I know but since really just a pissing contest of which is better. Remind me? Has Bc2 outsold, got higher scores, and have more users online yet then MW2? Not yet? then I rest my case. BC1 I hated online, I tried the beta of Bc2 on ps3, and the demo on 360 and detested it.     I want my Battle field games like Modern combat not Bad company games. "

because if something is really popular must mean its really good right? (that was sarcasm)
    FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

I didn't play online in BFBC2 because it wasn't very good.  And it was surprisingly easy to get headshots.  I would get four or five in a row without even aiming for anyone's head.  MW2 is far better and more fun.

Icil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Icil
    Never
    xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By xMP44x

I can play both and enjoy them equally. However, after playing Bad Company 2 I've started playing Modern Warfare 2 much more casually. I don't care about stats anymore, and I just play for fun. It's a great game (MW2) if you play it in the right mindset.

JDDrewes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By JDDrewes

woh, the last time i was on this forum there were only hardcore fanboys on both sides. 
    And now everyone agrees that MW2 and BC2 are two different types of games, and they each have their own strengths and weaknesses. 
    I'm confus

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By meteora
    @ArcLyte said:

" @Meteora:  weapon models / textures / mechanics are all wonkey in BC2, just enough to annoy me. DICE has always been notorious for this. for those who don't know DICE were the same team that developed the Desert Combat mod for BF1942 and they were later picked up by EA to develop BF2. the weapon mechanics in DC were wonkey, but it was forgivable as it was a mod. then BF2 came along and it was fun as hell but still suffered from the same annoying lack of correct weapon mechanics (pistol slide doesn't lock back after last round is fired, after slapping a clip into an empty rife there is no animation for cocking the rifle???) even weapons in the original CS did that, come on. now BC2 comes along and DICE still hasn't grasped weapon functionality, and they're making a game ALL ABOUT GUNS AND SHOOTING. seems to me as though they were almost being lazy, the least they could do is take a little time to figure out how guns work. IW with regard to textures just compare gameplay screens from MW2 and BC2 side-by-side so see what i mean, the difference is night and day. it's not very easy on the eyes. with all the shit people were giving IW about their matchmaking, all of the extremely hard work and dedication to crafting highly detailed and quality product seems to have been overlooked. say what you will about the match making but besides that they got every. little. thing. right. IW were masters of their craft and it shows through and through in MW2. *sheds a single tear* "

Woah. Next time include a space in there. Easier to read. =P

I can see where you're coming from though. There are some faults that DICE has and some polishing issues such as its equally bad matchmaker (I mean seriously, 12 vs 6? WTF?) and broken gameplay mechanics. Here's a brief list: sniperfests (half the team being snipers), grenade launcher and mortar spamming, spawn raped by helicopters (see Atamacan Desert map), extremely overpowered guns (M60 + magnum bullets) or extremely underpowered, a game mode which they entirely broke and somehow fuck up from previous installments (see Conquest ending up being a "run back and forth" capping flags and turning out to be a team deathmatch).

The gun textures is definitely something I agree with, they look like crap. They looked even more crappier back in the beta, they looked like plastic compare to MW2's gun models. You would think they put some work on that instead of glorifying the rest of the map instead of doing a last minute paintjob. But IW has its share of faults too. I don't think we need to list the number of problems that game has, it should be fairly obvious to most players now. I thoroughly enjoy both games, though I haven't played much lately.

@FiestaUnicorn said:
    " I didn't play online in BFBC2 because it wasn't very good.  And it was surprisingly easy to get headshots.  I would get four or five in a row without even aiming for anyone's head.  MW2 is far better and more fun. "
    To help verify; last time I was on a Black Hawk helicopter shooting from the gunner position, half of my kills were headshots. It was seriously fucked up.
    SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SoothsayerGB

I can.  Am playing MW 2 right now.    Got tired on running everywhere for nothing. 

Bad Company 2 is a decent shooter, but not a very good game.  There is no prone, melee is fail, the guns all aim the same and snipers are pointless.  The maps are ridiculously big.  I spent all my time running to the fight, not actually fighting.  The graphics are filled with to much clutter.   Big maps, few actual players. 

I could go on.  But basically my main problem is BF2 is that it insists upon itself.    It tries to be better then it actually is.  Almost  becoming  military sim.   MW 2 is a game.  First and foremost.  Bad Company just tries to hard and left me damn bored.

Blowing up buildings was awesome.  The vehicles were great.  It looked spectacular.  But there was no fun.  It takes forever to unlock shit, or at least anything worth unlocking.  Certain maps are ruined because of constant air support.   Long games lag on, while the shitty matchmaking system fails.  Out of the weeks I played that game online.  I didn't have 1 fair online match.  People were constantly coming and going making the teams uneven.  

The single player could not even be there and I wouldn't have noticed the difference.  It was just pointless busy work.  That was not the least bit amusing.  I played the MP for days, before I forced myself to complete it the single.

To put it simple.  Bad Company 2 is basically this years Killzone 2.   Shit, I'm already back to being bored with MW2 and re-installing WoW.

/yawn   Last night I spent 7 hours hunting down info. on Rick Marshall.  One of the main suspects in the Zodiac killings.

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By unsolvedparadox

The games aren't that similar. You wouldn't play Mario and Sonic games the same way, would you?

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By CornontheCobbe

Of course i can. 

I've always liked BF:BC2, but i prefer the fast paced, glitchy old game of MW2 much more.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae53b407571
    deactivated-60ae53b407571

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks to me like the most frustrating aspect that people complain about regarding BFBC2 is the matchmaking, and thus also problems with balance and player ratio.

Play it on the PC fellas. Dedicated servers can work marvels. At least in BFBC2 on the PC I don't get shouted at by the entire playerbase to leave because IW's retarded system for some reason choose me as host with my 8/1 DSL connection, which happened frequently. The sole reason I was disappointed with MW2's multiplayer was because I in all honesty probably was looking for a Battlefield experience, something to replace the more and more aging Battlefield 2. But as mentioned in this thread, they're two so very different games in terms of gameplay that it's hard to compare. It's like trying to make a case between a C&C game and Supreme Commander. Both are RTS games, but in the end it all comes down to taste. 

@Meteora:

Sniperfests can now be countered with the all-new Sniper Cop Class! 
    http://fidgit.com/archives/2010/03/play_the_new_sniper_cop_class.php

Yes, grenade launcher spamming is clearly not an issue in MW2, not at all. Mortar spamming comes from the multitude of snipers, but if you actually keep on the move, and don't hudde behind that cover of yours they won't be able to hit you. Do something about them snipers, if they're being a pest then arm yourself with a shotgun and some proper buckshots, go around them and hunt them in the hills. You'll get plenty of knife kills and some hilariously surprised behaviours moments before you cave their face in. Spawning mechanics in the BF series are known to be amongst the most developed ones, if there's a helicopter making it hard for you, team up with some friends and take the fecker out. A single man in BFBC2 can only do so much, and there seems to be a lot of people who can't stand the idea of not being able to Rambo the entire enemy team to hell. If you consider some guns OP and some UP (IE: Unbalanced gameplay) then try the Hardcore setting, it evens shit out and usually result in a more diverse spread of the classes and gun types as it leaves more viable options than explosives, light machineguns+Magnum Ammo and high-calibre sniper rifles as means to kill people efficiently. Conquest works better on the PC as well seeing the game has room for 32 instead of the console's 24 players, something that adds a manner of chaos to the frontline fighting that is the flesh of the Battlefield series. Shots are counted as headshots even if only one of the lead bits from a shotgun blast hits the player in the head, something I have to admit is pretty damn odd. Regarding firing from a helicopter, you're usually shooting from above players which would increase the chance for shooting them in their heads, after all. Normal game setting also ensures that the players probably won't take enough damage from your helicopter to die unless one of your rounds happen to hit them in the head, which could explain your experience.

As for OP's question, no. I went back once and couldn't help but fool around. It feels like MW2 takes itself too seriously if anything.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By meteora
    @Asrahn: Sorry pal, my computer is absolute shit. Its running on a integrated card. =P

I'm not bashing against BC2 at all if you're wondering. I'm just pointing some of the flaws in BC2, which can be comparable to MW2's experience (in other news, shotguns with the right perks in BC2 can snipe fools across the map. Makes Model 1887 look like ass).

Also you make it sound a lot easier than it being done. =/ I do play with friends; but even with a squad of four, we're often left frustrated or unable to shoot down a helicopter that's circling around our base like a idiot by holding on the left/right stick (mind you they're a bitch to shoot down this way). There are some flaws in your argument, but I'll keep them to myself.
    Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Kohe321

No, there is too little recoil and too quick kills compared to bc2.

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By super_machine

I havent gone back, but I've thought about it. I just hate how unbalanced the perk system is in MW2. Maybe its just me, but BC2 feels more even between kits. Like tactical skill and team work is important in BC2, where in MW2 its how many hours you spent camping with HB sensor to rank up.

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By nail1080

I think both games are amazing in their own respective ways. When I'm on my own I love to play Ground War or Free for All in COD (any COD game, COD4, CODWAW, or MW2) but with friends Bad Company 2 is fucking epic.

Taborlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Taborlin

I can't play COD any more, I love you, BC2.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By superfriend

Maybe people learn how to play as a team and most importantly go for the objectives. I highly doubt thats going to happen, since most people seem to play online shooters for kills only. But hey, Battlefield seems to at least give you some points for just playing support (I´ve gotten my highest scores while playing medic).

Yeah, and you can´t really compare the two gameplay-wise. BC2 is more akin to something like Killzone 2 in my opinion, while MW2 is just all about those 60 frames a second (just try playing it on a bad PC on higher settings- its seriously unplayable).

Taborlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Taborlin
    @FiestaUnicorn said:
    " I didn't play online in BFBC2 because it wasn't very good.  And it was surprisingly easy to get headshots.  I would get four or five in a row without even aiming for anyone's head.  MW2 is far better and more fun. "
    It's called recoil, they took it out of MW2 for some reason. 
    :/ 
    @Superfriend said:

" Maybe people learn how to play as a team and most importantly go for the objectives. I highly doubt thats going to happen, since most people seem to play online shooters for kills only. But hey, Battlefield seems to at least give you some points for just playing support (I´ve gotten my highest scores while playing medic). Yeah, and you can´t really compare the two gameplay-wise. BC2 is more akin to something like Killzone 2 in my opinion, while MW2 is just all about those 60 frames a second (just try playing it on a bad PC on higher settings- its seriously unplayable). "

Medic's probably the easiest to get points with, I think its 100 for a revive, plus they get the M60 and the Type 88 LMG which IMO are two of the best guns in the game.
    VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By VanderSEXXX
    @Kohe321 said:

" No, there is too little recoil and too quick kills compared to bc2. "

I agree with this. While MW2 was good while it lasted I just couldn't bring myself to reinstall the game after experiencing BFBC2's multiplayer. 1st off I don't think I could stand MW2's gunshot sounds anymore which sadly IMO sound like pea-shooters compared to BFBC2's fantastic sound design, The intensity of the firefights in BFBC2 to me already makes MW2 look more arcadey than the arcade-like shooter it already is, And yes I prefer much more team-work than aspire for mere kill/death ratio stacking. (sadly I fail in that department since my K/D ratio is decent enough but my W/L ratio is just horrible but I'm working on it. *sniff*)
    Taborlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Taborlin
    @VanderSEXXX:  
    I wouldn't worry about your W/L ratio, just a few bad players can lose the game for you. 
    I loved COD4, I hated MW2. It just doesn't seem as even or fun, and Bad Company 2 is a dream game, I doubt I will leave it for a long time.
    DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

If you took MW2 seriously at any point go back to BF2.

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Funzzo

MW2 is just stupid on the PC so I am sticking with BC2. O ya MW2 is stupid on the 360 and PS3 also. Fuck you activision and fuck your 15.00 map pack.

Andheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#42  Edited By Andheez

Well I feel that the online community essentially broke MW2 with all of the glitches and exploits, but I can still go back occasionally.  I just REALLY don't like the maps, I want to buy the mappack with the COD4 maps, but I don't play enough to justify it.

BFBC2 can always amuse me, there is always something different to try.  Also I don't get people's hate of the helicopters or mortars.  I am so rarely killed by them, they don't bother me in the least.  I find the helicopters SEEM more dangerous then they actually are.

Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
    deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I lost interest in MW2 long before i played BC2 

churrific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By churrific
    @DuhQbnSiLo:  That's pretty much why I asked this question. BC2 made me realize I played MW2 seriously enough that it got to be extremely annoying because of all the issues that have been pointed out. I'm not trying to compare styles of gameplay between BC2 and MW2, but BC2 just reminded me that having fun should be my primary goal in gaming. And then coming back to MW2, all the things that make it so addictive, but so competitively frustrating at the same time, just kind of melts away. Therefore, I have now started using my barrett as a shotgun, and have discovered that my barrett in close range acts more like what I assume(?) a normal shotgun should be than any other of the other shotguns in the game.
    cjmabry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By cjmabry

After getting BF:BC2, I played it for a couple of hours and thought, "This is awesome!" 

I took a break, popped in MW2, got knifed from 7 feet away, took out the disc, and listed it on eBay.  Maybe not all steps happened that fast but you get the idea lol.

Sheesh I can't stand that game now.

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL
    @Andheez said:
    " Well I feel that the online community essentially broke MW2 with all of the glitches and exploits, but I can still go back occasionally.  I just REALLY don't like the maps, I want to buy the mappack with the COD4 maps, but I don't play enough to justify it.  BFBC2 can always amuse me, there is always something different to try.  Also I don't get people's hate of the helicopters or mortars.  I am so rarely killed by them, they don't bother me in the least.  I find the helicopters SEEM more dangerous then they actually are. "
    Don't buy the COD4 maps.  They are garbage. 
    iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By iam3green

i never played bc2 but i've watched my friend play it. i thought that bc2 felt slow compared to mw2.

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo
    @churrific said:
    " @DuhQbnSiLo:  That's pretty much why I asked this question. BC2 made me realize I played MW2 seriously enough that it got to be extremely annoying because of all the issues that have been pointed out. I'm not trying to compare styles of gameplay between BC2 and MW2, but BC2 just reminded me that having fun should be my primary goal in gaming. And then coming back to MW2, all the things that make it so addictive, but so competitively frustrating at the same time, just kind of melts away. Therefore, I have now started using my barrett as a shotgun, and have discovered that my barrett in close range acts more like what I assume(?) a normal shotgun should be than any other of the other shotguns in the game. "
    yes it does, CoD is and arcade game... when you play it like it one, its a way better game, i found this out too, I used to hate MW2... cause I wanted it to be something i wasn't....
    ShaunassNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ShaunassNZ
    @WilliamRLBaker said:
    " Cliche'd I know but since really just a pissing contest of which is better. Remind me? Has Bc2 outsold, got higher scores, and have more users online yet then MW2? Not yet? then I rest my case. BC1 I hated online, I tried the beta of Bc2 on ps3, and the demo on 360 and detested it.     I want my Battle field games like Modern combat not Bad company games. "
    Off topic but I remember saying to you about how you should use better grammar and punctuation and you said "Nah, I'm fine" pretty much but hey you are now. 
    W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers
    @iam3green: It is. The maps are much bigger. What lends to MW2 speed is it's map size. That and it's easy kills.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.