DLC

#1 Posted by JDDrewes (269 posts) -

So any word on the DLC? I wonder what's taking them so long. It seems like it would make sense to release it before BC2 comes out, while they still dominate the online shooter market. Also, have they confirmed that it will only be a few new maps for $10?

#2 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

no, no news for what the maps are. the only news that they have is that microsoft is going to have it for a time exclusive. i think it is going to be like a month for 360 users can buy it. 

i think that they should release while bad company 2 is out. once people actually get the feel for bad company they can go back to modern warfare 2. they can see the problems that bad company 2 will get. some peopel bought modern warfare 2 then sold it because they didn't like it.

#3 Posted by Bucketdeth (8048 posts) -
@iam3green said:
they can see the problems that bad company 2 will get.  "
What do you meen by this?
#4 Posted by zudthespud (3284 posts) -

The DLC they will release contains 4 maps from CoD 4 which I can't remember and then another 4 maps, there are also 3 new modes I think. It's already on the disk, you'll be paying to unlock it. People have hacked it already. It won't come at once, maybe all of it will be released in 3 packs over the next year, I don't know.

#5 Posted by Tuggah (1073 posts) -

They should have released it this month, I would have bought it but now it will be saved for buying BC2.

#6 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -
@Bucketdeth said:
" @iam3green said:
What do you meen by this? "
like when the game comes out there might be problems with the game. people will get pissed off about it and sell the game. 

the problem that modern warfare 2 had when it first came out were models being over powered, care package grenades made people run faster, care package glitches. when they see problem slike these then they might stop playing it.
#7 Edited by Pinkshley1 (453 posts) -
@iam3green: So basically you want MW2 to fail against BC2? Or the other way around? 
#8 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -
@Pinkshley1: no, i want bad company to fail. i do not like the game all that much.
#9 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Maybe they're thinking that if they release DLC a month after BC2, by then people may be a bit bored of BC2 and want something else new again, so they can release DLC to get people back to wanting to play MW2?  I dunno.

#10 Posted by Bucketdeth (8048 posts) -
@iam3green said:
" @Pinkshley1: no, i want bad company to fail. i do not like the game all that much. "
Even though the demo is far superior over MW2 full game?
#11 Posted by natetodamax (19220 posts) -

Well, they confirmed that the first map pack was coming out in Spring a long time ago. But still, they really should focus on fixing the issues before they worry about adding anything else.

#12 Posted by Bass (692 posts) -

from fourzerotwo's twitter on the 25th :
  Lots of #MW2 DLC related meetings today, which is a good thing. Means we're oh so close to nailing down a date and locking down details!!

#13 Posted by Sjupp (1912 posts) -
@Bucketdeth said:
" @iam3green said:
" @Pinkshley1: no, i want bad company to fail. i do not like the game all that much. "
Even though the demo is far superior over MW2 full game? "
Schh. The truth is too powerful for mere peasants to handle.
#14 Posted by Pinkshley1 (453 posts) -
@Sjupp said:
" @Bucketdeth said:
" @iam3green said:
Schh. The truth is too powerful for mere peasants to handle. "
Hahaha exactly. I like both games and I hope they both succeed.
#15 Posted by btman (1038 posts) -

From what i've played in the demo BC2 sucks compared to MW2.  i don't get all these people claiming MW2 is shitty and BC2 is gonna be awesome... the demo was horrible and very easy.  not fun at all

#16 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -
@btman said:
" From what i've played in the demo BC2 sucks compared to MW2.  i don't get all these people claiming MW2 is shitty and BC2 is gonna be awesome... the demo was horrible and very easy.  not fun at all "
Gonna guess you've never played a BF game?

MW2 is fucking garbage, it has a bullshit levelling system, crap guns, and is nothing but run-n-gun game. There's absolutely no strategy or teamwork, and it's just...horrible.
#17 Posted by JDDrewes (269 posts) -

I'm not exactly sure how this turned into a MW2 vs. BC2 thread but ok..... 
They're 2 different games. Battlefield has always been more tactical and Call of Duty has always been run and gun. Sure, there's not as much strategy in MW2, but it doesn't really set out to be a strategy game. It's over the top, ridiculous, but you know what? it's hella fun. Are there squads? no. are there spawn points to capture? no. are there vehicles? no. but MW2 doesn't try to be that game. it's a run-n-gun, and there's nothing wrong with that. it's like complaining that GTA4 had too much story or that Geometry Wars had too many shapes.  
BC2 will probably be great in it's own ways. the last real battlefield game i played was BF2, and i have many fond memories of that game. From playing the demo of BC2 it seems like that actual shooting mechanics aren't as good as MW2, but the gameplay seems much more tactical and strategic. There's nothing wrong with that, that's just what it is. A good, tactical, shooter.

#18 Posted by evanbrau (1162 posts) -

Both games are awesome. People should also probably stop stating opinion as fact but I guess the internet wouldn't be the same without that.

#19 Posted by Kyreo (4602 posts) -
@iam3green said:
" @Bucketdeth said:
" @iam3green said:
What do you meen by this? "
like when the game comes out there might be problems with the game. people will get pissed off about it and sell the game.   the problem that modern warfare 2 had when it first came out were models being over powered, care package grenades made people run faster, care package glitches. when they see problem slike these then they might stop playing it. "
Dont forget the Javelin glitch.  At one point the most feared player was the one running straight at you with a Javelin.  *shivers*
#20 Posted by Kyreo (4602 posts) -
@Cube said:
" @btman said:
" From what i've played in the demo BC2 sucks compared to MW2.  i don't get all these people claiming MW2 is shitty and BC2 is gonna be awesome... the demo was horrible and very easy.  not fun at all "
Gonna guess you've never played a BF game?  MW2 is fucking garbage, it has a bullshit levelling system, crap guns, and is nothing but run-n-gun game. There's absolutely no strategy or teamwork, and it's just...horrible. "
Yo dawgs.  No need to hate on each others shooters.  Each one satisfies a different taste of shooter.  Modern Warfare is more Artsy Fartsy and Bad Company is more Mamsy Pamsy.
#21 Posted by CastroCasper (1307 posts) -
@Bucketdeth said:

" @iam3green said:

Yeahwell, you know,that's justlikeyour opinionman    
#22 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@iam3green said:
Wanting a game to fail because you don't like it is just pathetic.
#23 Posted by Bucketdeth (8048 posts) -
@kurtdyoung said:
" @Bucketdeth said:

" @iam3green said:

Yeahwell, you know,that's justlikeyour opinionman     "
Fact: BC2's demo is better then MW2 full release.
#24 Posted by demontium (4710 posts) -

*facepalm* i thought people were done with this game.

#25 Posted by Able (86 posts) -
@Kyreo said:
" @Cube said:
" @btman said:
Gonna guess you've never played a BF game?  MW2 is fucking garbage, it has a bullshit levelling system, crap guns, and is nothing but run-n-gun game. There's absolutely no strategy or teamwork, and it's just...horrible. "
Yo dawgs.  No need to hate on each others shooters.  Each one satisfies a different taste of shooter.  Modern Warfare is more Artsy Fartsy and Bad Company is more Mamsy Pamsy. "
Tru dat peeps.
#26 Posted by Bubahula (2197 posts) -
@Bucketdeth said:
" @kurtdyoung said:
" @Bucketdeth said:

" @iam3green said:

Fact: BC2's demo is better then MW2 full release. "
FACT: Metal is bad
FACT: red is better than blue
FACT: you are a buffoon. its all opinion.
#27 Posted by Bucketdeth (8048 posts) -
@Bubahula said:
" @Bucketdeth said:
" @kurtdyoung said:
" @Bucketdeth said:

" @iam3green said:

FACT: Metal is bad FACT: red is better than blue FACT: you are a buffoon. its all opinion. "
Nice opinion.
#28 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -
@demontium: no, i'm not done with the game. i am still enjoying the game. i still need to get veteran on spec ops. 

@Bucketdeth said:
" @Bubahula said:
" @Bucketdeth said:
" @kurtdyoung said:
" @Bucketdeth said:

" @iam3green said:

FACT: Metal is bad FACT: red is better than blue FACT: you are a buffoon. its all opinion. "
Nice opinion. "

this, metal is good. rap is crap.
#29 Posted by btman (1038 posts) -
@Kyreo said:
" @Cube said:
" @btman said:
Yo dawgs.  No need to hate on each others shooters.  Each one satisfies a different taste of shooter.  Modern Warfare is more Artsy Fartsy and Bad Company is more Mamsy Pamsy. "
its more Saggy Waggy then Mamsy Pamsy
#30 Edited by Bionicicide (1213 posts) -

At GDC 2010 there'll be a trailer that says, "Available this week!"

#31 Posted by Nonethewiser (131 posts) -
@Bucketdeth said:
" @Bubahula said:
" @Bucketdeth said:
" @kurtdyoung said:
" @Bucketdeth said:

" @iam3green said:

Nice opinion. "
FACT
#32 Posted by JDDrewes (269 posts) -
@Bionicicide said:
" At GDC 2010 there'll be a trailer that says, "Available this week!" "
very close.....
nice prediction
#33 Posted by SadPatrol (502 posts) -
@Bucketdeth:
Have you even played MW2 or BC2 demo at all. I seriously doubt you have played either of them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.