Do you guys agree with the term "camp of duty" ?

• 81 results
#1 Posted by Heron (34 posts) -

I love COD and MW2 but I think it is deserved.

#2 Posted by ADTR_ZERO (1122 posts) -

I agree.
#3 Posted by TooWalrus (13305 posts) -

Do you mean "Do I think we should start calling the game Camp of Duty?" then no, absolutely not. Especially when killing the campers is ridiculously fun.

#4 Posted by Dark_Jon (596 posts) -

Well see, the whole game is based around camping. They included these things called kill streaks which reward you for camping by giving you even more kills.

#5 Posted by Cazamalos (987 posts) -

i'm a camper on MW2 60% of the time, so i'm not offended with the term, and the game does promote camping in multiplayer so...

#6 Edited by HitmanAgent47 (8553 posts) -

Lol, I want to make a logo of that. Camp of duty: modern warfare 2.  

Yeah I agree with you, I camp non stop now.

#7 Posted by Subject2Change (2971 posts) -

From a PC perspective these things coulda been alleviated by Dedicated Servers, where the host can control what can and cannot be used. Restricting say shields or making it perkless and killstreakless or 1 map or whatever the hell the server chooses which if it fits your style you may find a home there. How it is now IW has it set for what you can and cannot do, I love HC DM but I hate that it involves so much camping; i'd love for it to be 9v9 and treated like Ground War where it rotates between Domination and DM. Why do I like HC? Cause 1-3 bullets actually takes someone out compared to an entire clip in normal.

I've had my strings of love/hate with the game and I am at the point where once i hit prestige 70 (im at like 54) i am just gonna play for fun and no more leveling for now.

#8 Posted by Jimbo (10155 posts) -

That makes no sense at all.

#9 Posted by Computerplayer1 (1066 posts) -

lol yes, definitely yes. Everyone does it at least a little bit, but some people just camp forever. It's even worse when they use one of the glitch spots.

#10 Posted by Tylea002 (2382 posts) -

Camp of Duty.

It's fabulous.

#11 Posted by super_machine (1968 posts) -

Hmm. I camp from time to time, but only to get one or two kills. Then I move on. The #1 way to get killed camping is to expose your position and stay in the same spot.

#12 Posted by Tiwi (1423 posts) -

In what respect Charlie?

#13 Posted by Skald (4381 posts) -

That is a terrible, terrible idea.

#14 Posted by Evilsbane (4988 posts) -
@super_machine said:
" Hmm. I camp from time to time, but only to get one or two kills. Then I move on. The #1 way to get killed camping is to expose your position and stay in the same spot. "
Yea this is what I refer to as a Mobile Camp always on the move yet always laying down behind some cardboard boxes.
#15 Posted by super_machine (1968 posts) -
@Evilsbane said:
" @super_machine said:
" Hmm. I camp from time to time, but only to get one or two kills. Then I move on. The #1 way to get killed camping is to expose your position and stay in the same spot. "
Yea this is what I refer to as a Mobile Camp always on the move yet always laying down behind some cardboard boxes. "
Yeah, I like to stay mobile. And Its not like camping is my main tactic, its just once and a while. But like I said, I don't just stick to one place when I do it.
#16 Posted by Spiral_Stars (481 posts) -

I find that camping a spot in MW2 is way more effective than it was in CoD4 or WaW. In CoD 4 it was easier to run and gun since shooting from the hip seemed much more accurate then than now. In WaW, 80% of the people used submachine guns, specifically the MP40, which made run and gunning the most effective strategy. 

In MW2, shooting from the hip is almost an exercise in futility with anything other than shotguns or subbys. Most people will use rifles and shooting from the hip with a rifle seems a lot worse than in games prior. The new maps also seem to be designed more for camping, as there are a lot more high areas, extra rooms, and just seem to be bigger. Sniper spots seem to be accessible from only one spot now, as well.

Camping is really all that cheap. It's sort of frowned upon, but a good enough player usually finds a nice balance between camping and running and gunning anyways.

#17 Posted by evanbrau (1178 posts) -

I've always done best by keeping it mobile and taking down campers. Once you've identified all the camping spots its easy as hell to kill the people coming to try and take advantage of them. I haven't noticed an increase in camping and in fact have noticed that snipers are playing a far less important role in this game compared to the first Modern Warfare and snipers are the epitome of the campers I guess.

#18 Posted by toast_burner (472 posts) -

call of duty is probally the most camp game out so i think the title fits it. 
just kidding :P
#19 Posted by Warfare (1671 posts) -

Whining of Duty .  

#20 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5272 posts) -

So for the amount I played, I haven't really run into really bad campers and such. I have only been playing ground war, and while I do camp every now and then it is usually only till I kill a dude and then I just make a move for my next spot. Camping in the same spot is just boring as hell.

#21 Posted by raynate2022 (321 posts) -

I disagree. Of course there will always be campers and people that never try and get the objectives. But I dont think it's that bad.

#22 Posted by Synthballs (2222 posts) -

I'm not a camper, I run and gun like a crazy fucker. Then get killed by campers.

I do love following a man to his campy hole and knifing him in the fucking spine though.

#23 Posted by Diamond (8678 posts) -

I agree for the reasoning that for the first time since 1997 people are justifiably complaining about campers in games and it makes my heart warm.  Not just the nostalgia factor, but it may bring an end to some of the casual elements in FPS I've been suffering through for over a decade.  PEOPLE WANT BETTER GAMEPLAY OUT OF THEIR FPS!  HOLY SHIT!

#24 Edited by Meteora (5844 posts) -

I don't normally camp, but I do it sometimes. I just don't camp "hard" like a mofo, or try not to. Take a few kills, and then move on to a new camp nest.

For some reason I never seem to camp with a sniper rifle. I just go running around finding shit to kill.

As for other people camping, I just noob tube them. Its pretty easy to deal with most campers. Easy kills for me since they're stationary.

#25 Posted by Suicidal_SNiper (951 posts) -

Disagree.

More like Run-Around-With-2-Old-Ass-Shotguns Of Duty.

#26 Posted by Lard_ (13 posts) -

Does this game have DLC? If it does, then it sucks.
#27 Posted by Jeffsekai (7153 posts) -

yup

#28 Posted by lead_farmer (1076 posts) -
@Suicidal_SNiper said:
" Disagree.  More like Run-Around-With-2-Old-Ass-Shotguns Of Duty. "
Seriously.  I hate those, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want those.
#29 Posted by Synthballs (2222 posts) -
@lead_farmer said:
" @Suicidal_SNiper said:
" Disagree.  More like Run-Around-With-2-Old-Ass-Shotguns Of Duty. "
Seriously.  I hate those, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want those. "
I've also pondered how awesome it would be to use them, hate them aswell though.
#30 Posted by SathingtonWaltz (2167 posts) -

....BAD COMPANY 2 RULES *runs away really fast*

#31 Posted by StarFoxA (5253 posts) -

I went 55 and 27 today without camping. After some practice and knowledge of maps, it becomes easy to handle campers because their spots become obvious.

#32 Posted by DystopiaX (5375 posts) -
@StarFoxA said:
" I went 55 and 27 today without camping. After some practice and knowledge of maps, it becomes easy to handle campers because their spots become obvious. "
this. Unless you've found a good camping spot that everyone else uses, camping against good players is pointless
#33 Posted by Laharl (361 posts) -

Well compared to "grenade of duty 4: grenade warfare" theres always something to complain about.

#34 Posted by Bellum (2945 posts) -

Never actually played Modern Warfare, but I never saw the point of bashing campers in a tactical shooter. God forbid someone try to hold a position.

#35 Posted by demontium (5084 posts) -
@heron_noleto said:
" I love COD and MW2 but I think it is deserved. "
Not the designers fault. 

So no. 

I just call the campers campers.
#36 Posted by crusnchill (871 posts) -
@super_machine said:
"Hmm. I camp from time to time, but only to get one or two kills. Then I move on. The #1 way to get killed camping is to expose your position and stay in the same spot. "

YES! This! Exactly this!
#37 Posted by MOLE (331 posts) -

My god, people bitch about the smallest things.  For that i'm going to camp more often just to piss people off. 

How about this people, if you think someone is in a room camping, equip a tacticle grenade launcher and Danger Close to clear it out.  Works for me every time, or throw a flash/bang in a room.
#38 Posted by Jikla (159 posts) -

My solution to the campers are: Marathon, light weight and commando pro. It also involves knife to their throats.

#39 Posted by JDDrewes (298 posts) -

there's not that many campers in ground war which is what i usually play so i'm fine with it. i played one match of HC team deathmatch and HOLY SHIT i felt like i was the only one walking around. but if you just equip a heartbeat sensor it's really easy to kill those guys xD

#40 Posted by Alphonzo (798 posts) -

I haven't had much of a problem with campers, more with lightweight double gun cowboy ass bitches

#41 Posted by Potter9156 (950 posts) -

Don't play Team Deathmatch. It's that simple.

#42 Posted by StarFoxA (5253 posts) -
@Alphonzo said:
" I haven't had much of a problem with campers, more with lightweight double gun cowboy ass bitches "
Stopping Power Pro + a powerful SMG or assault rifle handles those guys relatively quickly, if you have fast reflexes... or a knife.
#43 Posted by jkz (4063 posts) -
@DystopiaX said:
" @StarFoxA said:
" I went 55 and 27 today without camping. After some practice and knowledge of maps, it becomes easy to handle campers because their spots become obvious. "
this. Unless you've found a good camping spot that everyone else uses, camping against good players is pointless "
I went 58-4 yesterday with camping, the game clearly supports camping; while its definitely not required, it's clearly what the game is based around.
#44 Posted by StarFoxA (5253 posts) -
@jukezypoo said:
" @DystopiaX said:
" @StarFoxA said:
this. Unless you've found a good camping spot that everyone else uses, camping against good players is pointless "
I went 58-4 yesterday with camping, the game clearly supports camping; while its definitely not required, it's clearly what the game is based around. "
The people you were playing with must have been retarded then.
#45 Posted by SuperSecretAgenda (689 posts) -

I camp until the enemies stop trying to bum-rush me.

Seriously, if you snipe someone, it becomes their personal objective to counter-snipe you/kill you. I tend to abuse this.

#46 Posted by jkz (4063 posts) -
@StarFoxA said:
" @jukezypoo said:
" @DystopiaX said:
" @StarFoxA said:
I went 58-4 yesterday with camping, the game clearly supports camping; while its definitely not required, it's clearly what the game is based around. "
The people you were playing with must have been retarded then. "
No I was just having a decent game. Camping doesn't mean sitting in the same spot for the whole game, but I would switch spots every couple kills to keep people on their toes.
#47 Posted by breaking3po (165 posts) -

From what I understand, campings only really bad in FFA and regular team deathmatch.  

Expand your horizons and try ground war or an objective based mode.
#48 Posted by StarFoxA (5253 posts) -
@jukezypoo: Still, 58-4 is pretty ridiculous. Either you were playing with a group of people new to the game, or they were just retarded.
#49 Posted by Bubahula (2224 posts) -
@jukezypoo said:
" @DystopiaX said:
" @StarFoxA said:
your saying that the game is based around camping ? that's one of the dumbest things Ive heard
#50 Posted by jkz (4063 posts) -
@StarFoxA said:
" @jukezypoo: Still, 58-4 is pretty ridiculous. Either you were playing with a group of people new to the game, or they were just retarded. "
Meh. Most had prestiged as far as I remember. Take into account that this was on demolition, where you can seriously rack up the kills on defense. It's all about moving around while keeping in the same area, so you're there to take out people who are going for the objective, while avoiding the kill-cam-spotting.

As for the retarded aspect....well, it was on XBL.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.