Does anyone Judge through kill cam?

• 69 results
#1 Posted by Tofford (532 posts) -

I dont know about you but everytime I watch a kill cam I instantly judge that person. For example yes he deserved to kill me or man that was lucky for him. I think it has brought out a very critical part of me.

#2 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

Either way of looking at it I died, not much you can do about it.  I just watch it and keep playing, doesn't really matter to me.

#3 Posted by Driadon (2998 posts) -

I tend to use the Killcam as a way of reading specific players. Things like "Oh, this guy likes this side of the map and tends to sweep this way. Well, then, next time I'll get the drop on him.

#4 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

I skip killcams simply because sometimes they frustrate me and I just want to jump right back into the game. Before I would use it to learn how to play the game, now not so much.

#5 Edited by Megalon (1392 posts) -

I normally don't judge "how" I was killed, but if I happen to notice the dude appears to be camping I will probably go take him out after watching the kill cam. I have noticed on occasion someone will say I got "lucky" or something similar after they watch the kill cam of me, but I take their bitching as a compliment :)

#6 Posted by Metric_Outlaw (1172 posts) -

Lol I always do. I freak out calling people lucky, campers, or random granaders.

#7 Posted by Jeffsekai (7032 posts) -

If I end up watching the killcam I always do that haha

#8 Posted by Synthballs (2193 posts) -

I watch them, but then I notice how little I notice. I will run straight past the guy who killed me.

#9 Posted by Adziboy (702 posts) -
@Synthballs said:
"I watch them, but then I notice how little I notice. I will run straight past the guy who killed me. "

Thus why campers exist :I
#10 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

I push X before the kill cam even starts, because I'm smart.

#11 Posted by dbz1995 (4790 posts) -

Normally I try to work out games whilst I'm playing. For example, I know that AjayRaz likes to run straight for the opponents with no support, guns ablazing. He has a pretty accurate shot, but doesn't think exactly when he needs to be a bit more cautious. A bit rich coming from me, but even so. :P

#12 Posted by Andorski (5310 posts) -

People who snipe from a single location get the "pussy" stamp from me.

#13 Posted by Zuul (313 posts) -

I usually only watch the killcam if I have no idea where I was killed from. Also nade kills are fun to watch XD

#14 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -
@Zuul said:
" I usually only watch the killcam if I have no idea where I was killed from. Also nade kills are fun to watch XD "
This, pretty much. Usually it's me yelling at myself for exposing myself so much. Usually with the predator missile, when you can hear it coming.
#15 Posted by nanikore (2740 posts) -

If I have no idea how I died, I watch it. Otherwise I just skip it.

#16 Posted by CornontheCobbe (2645 posts) -

Haha, this is a good question... Yes. I do judge people quite often really. I actually believe the Kill-cam is useful. It tells you what sort of player they can be.

#17 Posted by zombie2011 (4973 posts) -

No i jam on X so i can re-spawn and get in there before the bastard has a chance to move.

#18 Posted by ErgoProxy77 (550 posts) -

I think kill cam is a good way to improve your playing.  I use it to see the mistakes I made, like if I should have checked some corners or something.

#19 Edited by Illmatic (1358 posts) -

I don't really judge the player but there are some deaths that make me throw my hands up in defeat. The random grenade throw is always a love/hate with me. Watching someone mean to shoot someone and instead spray me with bullets as I casually walk on by is hilarious in its own right. And of course, the common looking in one direction and happening to swing their camera exactly to where I am always baffles me.

#20 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

i only use the killcam to spot snipers

#21 Posted by Zuul (313 posts) -
@Karmum: Predator missiles make great game winning kills
#22 Posted by Chokobo (1228 posts) -

I've conditioned myself to instantly hit the X button as soon as I die.

No matter how hard I try, I will never, ever, ever get the Spy Game accolade.

#23 Posted by handlas (2682 posts) -

....no.....all I think is I completely shot first, hit him more, and hit him in more vital areas.   Then the kill cam comes up and shows me shoot about 5 seconds later than I did and shoot in a completely different direction.

#24 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

I also usually skip them because I want to get right back into the game and get my revenge. Plus I usually hang around my tactical insertion so when I get killed I usually have a chance to make it even pretty quickly. 

I guess I should start watching how the players play, but I sometimes get so pissed off because the two sides of the internet connection (me and them) tend to be so radically different -- for example he's in different place in the killcam from the one he was at when I was just alive. I have a feeling this synchronization issue is due to the shitty lack of dedicated servers.

#25 Posted by Binman88 (3687 posts) -
@ArchScabby said:
" I push X before the kill cam even starts, because I'm smart. "
Getting straight back into the action is the best way to play.
#26 Posted by Bass (692 posts) -

I will at least watch the begining normally. If I notice something, like they use a heartbeat sensor, I might change to my stealth class or something similar to this.

#27 Posted by p4ddym1607 (995 posts) -

I click square the second I die so I rarely see the Killcam. Sometimes I want too but it is too late.

#28 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -
@Driadon said:
" I tend to use the Killcam as a way of reading specific players. Things like "Oh, this guy likes this side of the map and tends to sweep this way. Well, then, next time I'll get the drop on him. "
Same, But it still irritates me when you know you started shooting first or knifed but your ping is crap, DAMN YOU NEW ZEALAND INTERNET BOOO!
#29 Posted by Slab64 (1055 posts) -

This is a great thread.

#30 Edited by Kohe321 (3529 posts) -

Killcam is great sometimes, but mostly I hate it. Playing a sniper is all about camping, and if you pop a nice headshot from a position most people don't look, the guy you killed is going to respawn and run straight up to where you are and own you. At the same time, when the tables are turned, I'm really glad that I have a killcam so I can spot when people do this to me.

I always skip the killcam if I see who killed me, because I can judge it there and then and get back to the action. Only time I use it is when I don't see where the bullets who killed me came from.

#31 Posted by Oriental_Jams (3063 posts) -

Best moment of the whole game so far was when the game winning kill showed me jumping in front of a guy being shot and taking a bullet to the head for him. So proud...

#32 Posted by Ekkers (58 posts) -

I only watch the killcam if the same player is killing me over and over. Then I hunt him.

#33 Posted by Griddler (3344 posts) -

I do watch them but it only seems to make me annoyed when I get unlucky.

#34 Edited by kenya24 (235 posts) -

I usually only watch it if I'm totally confused on how I died. Then usually it's anger, or I give props to the other guy for defeating me.

What bugs me is when another guy and I surprise each other around a corner, I fire like 3-5 bullets into the dude's chest and I die. Then I see the kill cam and to his perspective I merely walked out and didn't even shoot.

#35 Posted by MAST (734 posts) -
@Meteora said:
" I skip killcams simply because sometimes they frustrate me... "
I need to learn to be more like this. I find that every time I watch the killcam, It just infuriates me. Because more often then not, the killcam makes it look like I shouldn't have even been killed in the first place. Someone knife kills me, but on the killcam I'm not even on his screen. Or a person kills me from a distance, but according to the killcam his red dot wasn't even close to being on target. Or a person kills me, but it shows that I had already rounded a corner, and was completely out of sight.... Yeah, you get the idea.

Almost seems like the killcam brings the flaws in this game into clear view. Things that you wouldn't even notice otherwise.
#36 Posted by Chokobo (1228 posts) -
@Kohe321: Play hardcore then.  No killcam there.
#37 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

Sometimes, but most of the time I just press X as soon as I can to get back into the action.

#38 Posted by TheHBK (5485 posts) -

I dont really judge, i think i come to my own conclusion about it as soon as i died.
Oh man! I messed that up, is usually the reaction i have.  Sometimes i do feel the guy got lucky, feel like its lag mostly when i feel i got the knife in there but the game doesnt give me the kill.

#39 Posted by memo (421 posts) -

ill skip but occasionally i will watch it. and also judge and be like "ok nice kill you earned it" or b like "what a bitch lame as camper"  

#40 Posted by pause422 (6188 posts) -

The killcam is generally entirely wrong so no. What you saw, and what the person who killed you saw most times are entirely different.

#41 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

I skip.

#42 Posted by n8 (264 posts) -
@Chokobo said:
" I've conditioned myself to instantly hit the X button as soon as I die.  No matter how hard I try, I will never, ever, ever get the Spy Game accolade. "
Lawl..  im always getting the Spy Game accolade.  I won't say I haven't judged people from watching the killcam.  I mainly just try to always watch it so I can figure out how I just fucked up.
#43 Posted by DirrtyNinja (715 posts) -
Yea, I love watching myself die when i am shot in the toes.
#44 Edited by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

Too busy hammering the X button to get back in game.
I do wish there was a perk that hid it though, it'd be kinda cool.

#45 Posted by Chocobo_Blitzer (303 posts) -

Judging your kills through killcam since 2003. Though these days it's far worse, so much more random stuff can happen. And I swear latency affects the game even more, so many moments where you've poured a clip into them and then the killcam shows that he walked up and calmly executed you. Though what really gets me heated is thermal. Yes, cold blooded is nice, but the times I'm caught without it always make me write them off. Creeping through brecourt with a sniper rifle, only to get immediately beamed. Alright, that happens. Watch the killcam, and it's some square spraying his assault rifle across the field with a thermal scope. God, why even put that map in the game.

#46 Posted by damswedon (3191 posts) -
#47 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -
@pause422 said:
" The killcam is generally entirely wrong so no. What you saw, and what the person who killed you saw most times are entirely different. "
Actually its entirely right. The reason why killcams seem wrong is because of latency/lag issues on your end.
#48 Edited by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

If I get killed for my own mistake, then I skip the kill cam.  If I get killed for something I know is luck, then I will watch it... and it doesn't make me feel better.  The worst is when I get killed by a grenade meant  for a teammate.  That kind of thing happens a lot because I use a stealth class, but teammates spawn on me and draw fire.  Yes I do judge people based on how they play from what I saw in the killcam, like if they just sit there with their aim totally still, and then they see me and spray like crazy for an easy camper kill.

#49 Posted by CounterShock (420 posts) -

I skip most of them unless I was almost sure that I wouldn't have died.

#50 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -
@kenya24 said:
" What bugs me is when another guy and I surprise each other around a corner, I fire like 3-5 bullets into the dude's chest and I die. Then I see the kill cam and to his perspective I merely walked out and didn't even shoot. "
That's lag and there is always some of that in every game you play, but sometimes it's super noticeable.  Another very noticeable example is when you run behind cover and die anyway, then in the killcam you will see that in the other player's perspective you appear to have never made it behind cover at all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.