Forbes Lashing out at MW3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by KwayZee (20 posts) -

And frankly I agree with them. Now I don't know about you guys, but squeezing every single penny from your consumers has reached an all time low. Praying on kids and gamers alike who want to be the "best" and exploiting this with this promotion with Pepsi is sickening. I am an avid Pepsi drinker and even I don't like the fact that they are involved in this.

Check out the full article here http://dna-gamer.blogspot.com/

What do you guys think? Do you think this is an OK promotion or are they stepping over the lines?

#2 Posted by Jimbo (9814 posts) -

Pretty tacky using GB to advertise your own articles.

#3 Posted by mercutio123 (471 posts) -

You may want to choose a background that doesn't make the text hard to read at points

#4 Posted by Jams (2961 posts) -

not only that, it's a real pain in the ass trying to read that article when you got your fucked up logo behind the words.@KwayZee:

#5 Posted by sirdesmond (1241 posts) -

@Jimbo said:

Pretty tacky using GB to advertise your own articles.

#6 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

Flagged.

#7 Posted by EkajArmstro (389 posts) -

As much as I hate CoD, I don't care about this. You already were meaninglessly rewarded for how much time you dumped into the game, not your skill, so you might as well get rewarded for other meaningless reasons.

Also, this is pretty ironic.

#8 Posted by Vinny_Says (5709 posts) -

First: This thread has already been made

second: pretty gay to advertise your shit on here

third: your website background makes it impossible to read the text

fourth: people will own your face in CoD with the starting weapons, regardless of their XP

#9 Posted by Bones8677 (3243 posts) -

Really, THIS is where you believe they've stepped over the line?

#10 Posted by KwayZee (20 posts) -

Well that and 60$ Map Packs..

#11 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

I hate praying in video games. Lol

#12 Posted by KwayZee (20 posts) -

@Jimbo: @sirdesmond: So your saying if you guys see something interesting on IGN, or MMORPG, or anywhere else, you wouldnt post a link to it? Is that what your saying? I just took it one step further and put it on my own blog..

#13 Posted by onarum (2089 posts) -

MW can go to hell for all I care.

#14 Posted by GorillaMoPena (2141 posts) -

You claim to have the most up to date info, but wouldn't the original site that ran the article have the most up to date info?

#15 Edited by Village_Guy (2579 posts) -

Wait? I don't see any links to Forbes article? I only see a link to some stupid blog I would never click on.

Oh, that's your link. So this is advertising, eh.

EDIT: Also your site needs to be about 20% cooler.

#16 Posted by GorillaMoPena (2141 posts) -

@Village_Guy said:

EDIT: Also your site needs to be about 20% cooler.

20% wider would also help

#17 Posted by N7 (3590 posts) -

COD is the shit and this only helps me love it more.

Keep going COD. Keep going.

#18 Posted by KwayZee (20 posts) -

Man buncha haters! How do you think this site your on got started?

#19 Posted by amomjc (977 posts) -

This is silly, so what if they promote their game with another company? Have gamers as a whole become so naive that businesses are out to make great games and not make money at the same time? I think it is a neat idea that is no different than an MMO offering free time for inviting a friend or a promotional "50% more exp!' event.

People need to stop bitching at everything and just calm down.

#20 Posted by SMTDante89 (2581 posts) -

It's advertising your own personal site. It's not a professional site (like IGN, since you mentioned it earlier) and we usually frown upon advertising.

#21 Posted by sirdesmond (1241 posts) -

@KwayZee said:

@Jimbo: @sirdesmond: So your saying if you guys see something interesting on IGN, or MMORPG, or anywhere else, you wouldnt post a link to it? Is that what your saying? I just took it one step further and put it on my own blog..

To answer your question: No, I wouldn't.

More to the point, it is probably the fact that your subject reads "Forbes lashing out at MW3" which implies, at least to me that you would be discussing something that Forbes put out. Also, it's the fact that you failed to mentioned that it is an article on your blog that you wrote.

Bottom Line: I don't really care at all.

#22 Posted by KwayZee (20 posts) -

@SMTDante89: Ok I can see frowning upon advertising. I have the same content as a professional site.. I mean is this another case of, you dont have that paper that you spent 40 grand for so you cant be legit?

#23 Posted by KwayZee (20 posts) -

@sirdesmond: On my blog is says, Courtesy of Forbes: That means that Forbes wrote it and I am passing on the information..

#24 Posted by sirdesmond (1241 posts) -

@KwayZee said:

@sirdesmond: On my blog is says, Courtesy of Forbes: That means that Forbes wrote it and I am passing on the information..

So then this thread is you passing on a link to someplace passing on something that could been and would have been better to just directly linked to? That's super useful! I'd say you are going to make it very far in games journalism.

#25 Posted by VierasTalo (782 posts) -

@KwayZee said:

Wait, your blog is a blog where you just copypaste stuff from other sites? Yeah, totally like IGN with their own content and whatnot. Really. Also,

@KwayZee said:

Certainly not by CPing other articles from other sites. Quality writing also helped quite a bit.

#26 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

How do you pray on someone? Do you stand or kneel on their chest and then pray?

#27 Posted by Grilledcheez (3947 posts) -

This thread is funny

#28 Posted by AuthenticM (3732 posts) -

@KwayZee said:

A certain individual was fired and every video game website on the planet reported on it.

Also, flagged.

#29 Edited by shinigami420 (640 posts) -

Dawg your blog is fucking shit

#30 Posted by iAmJohn (6120 posts) -

I agree with the posts saying your site is unreadable.

#31 Posted by Jimbo (9814 posts) -

@KwayZee said:

Firstly, I think that making your point and then following it with 'I just took it one step further...' immediately renders the point you were trying to make irrelevant. Yes I would do A, no I wouldn't do B, because they're totally different things. See how that works?

Secondly, if you're gonna spam the boards advertising your writing, you should probably nail down the difference between 'your' and 'you're'.

#32 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5144 posts) -

I don't really give a shit about MW3 but if a game I liked had that ridiculous Pepsi promotion I would not buy it.

#33 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2156 posts) -

@KwayZee said:

The staff didn't go on to other sites and post links to their content.

#34 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4973 posts) -

This thread makes me sad.

#35 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5008 posts) -

"A blog dedicated to bringing you the most up to date info on some of the hottest games!"

#36 Posted by Trace (3556 posts) -

A little late to this thread, but a few things.

First: We do indeed frown on advertising of this sort, and generally don't allow users to advertise external sites. This is no exception, especially given the creator's account is only three days old, and the community has reacted in a negative manner to his advertisement.

Second: Any attitude from both sides is unnecessary.

Please don't advertise on Giant Bomb in this manner. Thanks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.