golden weapons on cod MW2

#1 Posted by Wyse14 (5 posts) -

so do you guys think that there will be golden guns on cod 6 and if there is do you think that it will be set up the same way

#2 Posted by MC_Izawa (604 posts) -

You get golden weapons when you preorder at GameStop.

#3 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Yeah, there should be, most definitely. Or, what about...platinum guns? Or just invisible guns. Eh? Eh? Eh...?

#4 Posted by lemon360 (1102 posts) -
@MC_Izawa:
no IW would never sink that low. Maybe activision.
#5 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -

I don't want any developer to pull an Army of Two and try to get us to "bling out" our guns.  The camo is the line for me.

#6 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -
@lemon360 said:
" @MC_Izawa: no IW would never sink that low. Maybe activision. "
I'm going to call it right now.

"Get a Modern Warfare 2 beta key when you pre-order MW2 at Gamestop!"
#7 Edited by Out_On_Bail (1549 posts) -

Whats COD6?  

And I hope so, I'm not a fan of the prestige system - i'd rather try to do challenge for gold guns.

edited to hide my idiocracy ;P

#8 Posted by Wyse14 (5 posts) -

sweet when can we preorder the MW2

#9 Posted by VWGTI (1919 posts) -

I really hope the don't put gold guns in MW2. That's lame.

#10 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2543 posts) -
@T0mF5 said:
" @MC_Izawa said:
"You get golden weapons when you preorder at GameStop."
No you don't. "
Its a joke.All of  Gamestops "special preorder deals" are gimmicks.Id expect them to have a deal of golden weapons like they did with gears 2.
#11 Posted by Arsenal86 (123 posts) -

I hope so but I hope its guns that a lot of people use such a the m16 , mp5 or barrett and not games which not as many people use such as the mini uzi

#12 Posted by Mootalstrike (187 posts) -

I liked the golden weapons, i just wish they made them available for all weapons.

#13 Posted by FlamingHobo (4512 posts) -

Most of the golden weapons in Modern Wafare looked like crap, I think they should be a bit more creative.

#14 Posted by damswedon (3202 posts) -

I'm still burnt out from MW1's multi-player so if i have to level up too far to get the dragunov the fuck online.

#15 Posted by Monopolized (457 posts) -

Hopefully you can get gold guns after completing everything. (For the weapon class) But I hope that you can choose what weapon you want to be golden.

#16 Posted by wealllikepie (757 posts) -
@kmdrkul:
uh sorry buddy but they already did in MW1 ;)
#17 Posted by NerdyNinja007 (36 posts) -

I wish there wasn't any gold weapons.  It's just something else that I need to get.

#18 Posted by T0mF5 (929 posts) -
@NerdyNinja007:
I wouldn't mind if the golden weapons were unlocked by beating all challenges for a certain gun, but it would be terrible if it was a preorder bonus.
#19 Posted by DeadMan (155 posts) -

How bout they make it to were we can choose which guns we want to be gold camo.

#20 Posted by Atomasist (2818 posts) -

I want to be able to earn my golden camo, and not get it by  pre-ordering at some place (Gamestop).

#21 Posted by Matthew (1914 posts) -

Actually, the gun colour isn't all that special to me.  I typically just set all the gun patterns/skins to black.

#22 Posted by DuhQbnSiLo (2139 posts) -

Custom Camo like RB6

#23 Posted by CitizenKane (10508 posts) -

It really doesn't matter either way for me.  I just some new MW multiplayer goodness.

#24 Posted by activisionsucks (1 posts) -
@lemon360:
infintity ward had that idea.on spray painting the guns camo and stuff.gold is smelted into gun shellings.i guess you'd call it that right??so ya thats really just saying it in black and white activision didnt really help with cod4.in cod4 they have no slo-mo press-the-button-to-evade kinda things.....in cod5 they have em'and in the GI on cod4 they said that no1 in infinity ward likes that studpid fake stuff...
#25 Posted by Shadow (4988 posts) -

The large fish will definitely have some sort of odd colored guns

#26 Posted by TMThomsen (2083 posts) -

I guess a new texture is a nice reward for pre-ordering. Can't see what's wrong with it.

#27 Posted by Grim_Fandango (258 posts) -

I hate golden weapons, I always get that feeling that i'm easier to spot if i'm hiding in the grass. Camoflage woodland is for me.

#28 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

I always thought that was stupid in the first Modern Warfare.  What is the purpose of them?!  Show how GOOD you are?

That's like if you excelled at a game, they forced you to look stupider than everyone else.  "Oh, you're awesome at Halo online?  Well here's some ass-less chaps and a "Kick Me" sign to wear."

#29 Posted by natetodamax (19220 posts) -

No, but they might be in Modern Warfare 2.

#30 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2543 posts) -

You know what we need in this game....a paintball mode.....

#31 Posted by T0mF5 (929 posts) -

@activisionsucks said:

"@lemon360: infintity ward had that idea.on spray painting the guns camo and stuff.gold is smelted into gun shellings.i guess you'd call it that right??so ya thats really just saying it in black and white activision didnt really help with cod4.in cod4 they have no slo-mo press-the-button-to-evade kinda things.....in cod5 they have em'and in the GI on cod4 they said that no1 in infinity ward likes that studpid fake stuff... "

What?
#32 Posted by Reaper72 (6 posts) -

If you watch the flag runner video, some of the weopons he walks over say "bling"  next to the name of the gun. I really hope this doesnt mean they are bedazzling their weopons Army of Two style.
#33 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

maybe but i don't think there are any special deals when u preorder modern warfare 2 at gamestop.

#34 Posted by FlamingHobo (4512 posts) -
@BigBoss1911 said:
" You know what we need in this game....a paintball mode..... "
That would be... fantastic!
#35 Posted by withateethuh (726 posts) -

Gold is such a lame color. How about flaming guns?

#36 Posted by Crono (2707 posts) -
@withateethuh said:
" Gold is such a lame color. How about flaming guns? "
That sounds equally bad.
#37 Posted by RPGesus (2 posts) -
@Reaper72 said:

" If you watch the flag runner video, some of the weopons he walks over say "bling"  next to the name of the gun. I really hope this doesnt mean they are bedazzling their weopons Army of Two style. "

the "bling" thing you saw is a new perk. lets you have two attachments.  
#38 Posted by CitizenKane (10508 posts) -
@RPGesus said:
" @Reaper72 said:

" If you watch the flag runner video, some of the weopons he walks over say "bling"  next to the name of the gun. I really hope this doesnt mean they are bedazzling their weopons Army of Two style. "

the "bling" thing you saw is a new perk. lets you have two attachments.   "
Really?  That sounds sweet.  ^__^
#39 Posted by flyingfruit (63 posts) -

I liked the golden weapons.
and I think that like you should be able to choose different ones every prestige, or new ones get unlocked every prestige or soemehting

#40 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2543 posts) -

Im not so sure about the heartbeat sensor,campers will be having a field day with that thing.

#41 Posted by dbz1995 (4790 posts) -
@ImperiousRix: There was a point when all my friends had their guns in different colours. They were so happy.
#42 Posted by RPGesus (2 posts) -

one thing that has goods and bads is being able to put silencers on sniper rifles. it sucks cuz they dont show up on the map, but its good cuz you dont get killed in one shot. it now takes two, with all of the snipers. except for the cheytec intervention. that may still be a one hit kill with a silencer.

#43 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

ummm.....anyone know about this? i havent seen any golden guns yet.. im only level 56 mind you. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.