Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

How do I report a hacker?

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By JoelTGM

I was playing the game just now, for PC, and this asshole named Mojo was using an aimbot.  It was pretty obvious because in the kill cam I could see his aim spin around and snap directly onto my head.  Everyone on my team was complaining about it, and to top it off, he got the game winning kill, so everyone on both teams could see him cheating.  So how do I report him?  I googled it, and found out I should report through the Steam players list, but then people said that's just Valve and it doesn't do anything.  So is there a page to report hackers somewhere straight to Infinity Ward?  He was level 70 also, so who knows how long he's been cheating.  Asshole buys the game, then buys an aimbot, and then gets banned and his account deleted; that's what I want to see.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By JoeyRavn
    That is MW2 on PC. I don't think there's anything you can do. EVERYONE seems to be cheating nowadays. I've seen full teams (with their tags and everything) cheating at the same time. Try to play with people you know, or just quit the game if someone is abusing bots. IW cares nothing about PC players. Otherwise they would have patched the game a long, long time ago. 

PS: ... and that's why dedicated servers are good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.