How would you feel and what would you do if MW2 cost 94.45 dollars?

#1 Posted by angelkanarias (1440 posts) -
#2 Posted by angelkanarias (1440 posts) -

Yes, 63 euros is what Europeans have to pay for this game, almost 100 dollars for a fucking game. I'm getting quite upset with this situation. The sadest part is that I bought it.    

#3 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

That is a lot, but for the amount of time that can be had, I would say it's worth it. 

Then again if I were actually faced with paying $100 for Modern Warfare 2, I'm sure I would be pretty pissed off.

#4 Posted by Creamypies (4060 posts) -
@angelkanarias: I wouldn't buy it. Simple as that. No game is worth that much. Just wait until used copies start creeping their way onto the net.
#5 Posted by PDC_Emulator (184 posts) -

Easy solution, I wouldnt buy it.

#6 Posted by Binman88 (3686 posts) -

As a European, I spent 67 dollars on my PC copy (around €45). Now that I think of it, even that does seem a bit steep.

#7 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

Being from the UK I'm none to pleased with our price hikes, but personally I'm not going to buy it until some second hand copies become available or there is a price reduction / sale during Xmas time perhaps.

It is quite a bit to spend on one game, especially if you are not too interested in the multiplayer :)

#8 Posted by Hannibal (863 posts) -

I'd be pissed, but I'm paying $80 for it now and I know I'm getting probably a couple hundred worth of entertainment out of it

#9 Posted by Adamantium (885 posts) -

I'd feel raped, but I'd buy it. In the end I simply like CoD4 way too much. I played it from day 1 up until yesterday, and will probably still play the campaign once in a while. Gotta love free market capitalism.

#10 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -

Choice A. could not better describe how I feel about that. Glad I don't have to deal with weird prices like that, must suck to have to pay that price.

#11 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -
#12 Posted by InsanePotato (206 posts) -

a 1/3 of people apparently "don't like that game" lol. Great stuff.

#13 Posted by Davvyk (694 posts) -

if anyone ever actually buys a game at RRP then they just aint looking hard enough for a bargain. MW2 was available in abundance today at £26 at various outlets. id never ever pay 100

#14 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

@Hamz said:

" Being from the UK I'm none to pleased with our price hikes, but personally I'm not going to buy it until some second hand copies become available or there is a price reduction / sale during Xmas time perhaps.  It is quite a bit to spend on one game, especially if you are not too interested in the multiplayer :) "

I paid 20 English pounds ($33)  for my 360 copy early this morning: 

http://www.makro.co.uk/servlet/PB/menu/1153441/index.html
#15 Posted by Mowgers (379 posts) -

Bought it for £32 on Amazon.co.uk last night. No day one for me, I'll get it Thursday/ Friday, early next week at the latest, but I'm not complaining. The price war over this game between the supermarkets and online retailers was nothing short of hilarious. Mate o' mine got his from Asda for £28.80 because of his staff discount. Moral of the story? Shop around. Like any good haggler knows, the list price is only there as a starting point, no one expects you to actually pay it...

#16 Posted by Meltac (2001 posts) -

It does cost a 100 dollars here. Some places it probably costs more, and that's why I buy all my games from UK

#17 Posted by jNerd (2011 posts) -

I think I still wouldn't buy it.... lol.
#18 Posted by jmrwacko (2443 posts) -

Didn't some N64 games cost like $80-90 when they were first released? I remember Goldeneye was like $80, so was Donkey Kong 64 with that memory pack expansion.

#19 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -
@PDC_Emulator said:
" Easy solution, I wouldnt buy it. "
#20 Posted by AuthenticM (3716 posts) -

I'd wait for Bad Company 2 instead.

#21 Posted by Bucketdeth (8007 posts) -
@AuthenticM said:
" I'd wait for Bad Company 2 instead. "
#22 Edited by Forcen (1815 posts) -

I bought it for 478kr including shipping for the PC version, that is about $ 69.91 and its a lot cheaper then buying it on Steam.

Remember that the dollar is kinda low at the moment. So its not that Europe have high prices, it you that have low prices.

@AuthenticM said:

" I'd wait for Bad Company 2 instead. "

In this example, it would have about the same price, maybe 60 euros.
#23 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

Get it from the UK supermarkets and pay around £25. It's madness that this game's going so cheap considering COD4 and W@W are still going for around £44.99 in some places.

#24 Posted by natetodamax (19192 posts) -

Why is it so expensive in the UK?

#25 Posted by bwooduhs (1616 posts) -

Well if you're in New Zealand you have to pay $111.147 US. Which i just did.

#26 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -

I guess that is what GameFly is for.

#27 Posted by bwooduhs (1616 posts) -
@Karmum said:
" I guess that is what GameFly is for. "
It would be nice if we had gamefly.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.