Infinite Ammo Glitch

• 112 results
#1 Posted by IceOrb (182 posts) -

Just in case anyone wanted to see some high quality footage of this bullshit in action. We joined this game to find this and I had my capture rig ready to go. Enjoy seeing this game at it's worst. I hope IW fixes this as fast as fucking possible.

#2 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

More like this game at its best.

Seriously, this shit looks fun.

#3 Posted by ADTR_ZERO (1060 posts) -

Soooooo may glitches and bugs are popping up in this game. 

I'm glad I didn't buy it.
#4 Posted by IceOrb (182 posts) -

Alright I'll admit that it was fun. And hey think about this: The game is still running at a rock solid frame rate despite all that shit happening. That's freaking impressive!

That being said it is having some awful effects on the actual match making. IE: It doesn't work. This one glitch, the private lobbies glitch, is breaking match making completely and is what is causing shit like this. It needs to be fixed ASAP.

#5 Posted by raynate2022 (301 posts) -

Just had my first encounter with it. I'm a HUGE COD fan, but I'm really considering selling MW2 at this point

#6 Posted by Coombs (3449 posts) -

OMG  That should so be made an option in custom games

#7 Posted by Symphony (1912 posts) -

So.. what exactly stops you from just dropping a glitched match and finding a proper one?

#8 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -
@IceOrb said:
" Alright I'll admit that it was fun. And hey think about this: The game is still running at a rock solid frame rate despite all that shit happening. That's freaking impressive!  That being said it is having some awful effects on the actual match making. IE: It doesn't work. This one glitch, the private lobbies glitch, is breaking match making completely and is what is causing shit like this. It needs to be fixed ASAP. "
This is true. They need to fix the glitch so when people don't feel like dealing with this shit, they don't. I'm all up for a game mode however.

But you're right about the frame rates, they never really seem to drop amazingly enough. I did the same thing in COD4 with infinite ammo cheat and noob tubing, the frame rates never drop. The only time I ever got it to drop was spamming 30 nades using the cheats. I'm quite frankly impressed... its like the frame rate was actually more than 60.
#9 Posted by IceOrb (182 posts) -
@Symphony: The lobbies are glitched. More then half the games we attempt to get into are people glitching the lobbies so they can host "private" matches on the ranked match making lists. This brings people in their game so that they can play player matches that still count towards your experience.
#10 Posted by Symphony (1912 posts) -
@IceOrb said:

" @Symphony: The lobbies are glitched. More then half the games we attempt to get into are people glitching the lobbies so they can host "private" matches on the ranked match making lists. This brings people in their game so that they can play player matches that still count towards your experience. "

Oh really, the lobbies can be glitched out like that? That sucks. I've yet to find such a match, but sounds pretty nasty if that's the case.
#11 Posted by ShaunassNZ (2128 posts) -

This would be fun for the first round then just unbearable.

#12 Posted by brocool (701 posts) -

What the FUCK

#13 Posted by IceOrb (182 posts) -
@Symphony: I should probably mention I'm on 360. 

And at the risk of sounding like a gay console fanboy I'm going to say that this issue is a much bigger problem on 360 given that it sold oh... about 3 million more then it did on PS3. 

But a games sales is really not the subject here. What we have here is a company the released a broken ass product that is probably going to get some people fired. They talked up how they didn't need to beta test this and look where we are now. Sitting with a broken ass game that barely functions. My group can barely get 10 games in a night compared to the launch day experience which was like 20 games in the span of 3 hours. IW needs to fix this and I'm tempted to say they should compensate all the people this is screwing out of some good MW2 game time. IE: That map pack better not cost more then fucking 500 MS points.

I know I'm probably sounding a bit harsh but it is a bit stupid that the game is in this state a mere month after release. Usually stuff that is THIS BROKEN doesn't surface until some months later. 

I've got other stuff to catch up on while I wait for them to fix their product. Like work... and Uncharted 2.
#14 Posted by DanielJW (4915 posts) -

I'm enjoying this game a lot, but problems are popping up left right and center. It seems that Infinity Ward kind of dropped the ball on support for this.  

I realize fixes take time, but how could you let something like infinite ammo slip through the cracks?

#15 Posted by ShadowKing7 (753 posts) -

You know, maybe I'm just crazy, but if you listen long enough, you can hear a beat in the constant barrage of bullets and explosions, and it sounds pretty awesome!  As far as the gameplay is concerned, all I can say is....DAYUM!!!
#16 Posted by Alexander (1721 posts) -

That's nothing, wait till you see the AC-130 on infinite in this clip. 

#17 Posted by Bucketdeth (8012 posts) -

Javelin glitch, Riot shield prestige cheating, Unlimited Ammo.... 

No thanks.

#18 Posted by KnifeySpoony (1164 posts) -
@Alexander: Really glad I didn't buy MW2.
#19 Posted by RJPelonia (863 posts) -

You can't point this entirely on Infinity Ward. The players are equal the blame, if not more. They're the ones going out of their way finding these exploits instead of simply playing the game like everyone else. If they weren't so intent on cheating, everything would be fine.

#20 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -

Sat down and completed the campaign last night. Haven't been online yet. Not really pumped for it at all. Not against it, either. Just kind of... indifferent.

#21 Posted by IceOrb (182 posts) -
@RJPelonia: I've seen people say this, I've said this myself, and I'll say it again.

Game companies should stop paying their shitty play testers to test their games. They should find the 13 year old kid who finds shit like this and pay him to play test their game. They get like 4 or 5 little kids and I guarantee the game comes out less buggy.

But seriously IW is absolutely to blame on this one... them and Activision. IW for not putting forth the effort to properly test and balance their game. (As noted by them suddenly having a change of heart and deciding to rebalnce some of the guns at the request of EVERYONE WHO BOUGHT THE GAME.) And Activision for putting these games on such tight release schedules. From now on if a developer says "we don't need to beta test this" I'm just gonna go ahead and assume that means they don't have time to beta test it. 

I'm not going to swear off MW2 forever and return the game in a fit of rage cause frankly: I enjoy the game far to much to do that. Whatever I just hope this gets sorted out really really quickly. I'd like to get back to leveling.
#22 Posted by LiquidPenguins (181 posts) -

I live 5 miles away from that fourzerotwo community manager guy, maybe I should go ask for my money back.

#23 Posted by Alexander (1721 posts) -

You know, this glitch is particular, is not game ruining - I mean if you find yourself in a private lobby with a ground war player cap then you know you are about to enter glitch central and that's been orchestrated by players. It's simple, you back out. I've only ever ended up in one once and I wasn't fortunate enough to get unlimited ammo.

The Javelin glitch has been fixed, as have the clipping issues.

It would be unfair to say, "I'm so glad I didn't buy this game" on the grounds of glitches when they are being addressed in good time, when in this case they are not an issue and in some cases, where the person in question never had any intention of buying the game in the first place.

#24 Posted by IceOrb (182 posts) -
@Alexander said:
" You know, this glitch is particular, is not game ruining - I mean if you find yourself in a private lobby with a ground war player cap then you know you are about to enter glitch central and that's been orchestrated by players. It's simple, you back out. I've only ever ended up in one once and I wasn't fortunate enough to get unlimited ammo. The Javelin glitch has been fixed, as have the clipping issues. It would be unfair to say, "I'm so glad I didn't buy this game" on the grounds of glitches when they are being addressed in good time, when in this case they are not an issue and in some cases, where the person in question never had any intention of buying the game in the first place. "
If you have a full party you are more likely to get dumped into glitched lobbies then if you are by yourself. Because these lobbies are mostly in the Ground War, TDM, and Dom playlists it pretty much fucks up the majority of the games we play. Out of 10 games 8 we have to back out of because of this. It's game ruining. But it isn't something that can't be fixed and I imagine they are in full on "oh shit" damage control mode and this will be sorted out before the week is up. If not early next week. I mean dude... Christmas is next week. Can you imagine the unholy shit storm that will occur if Christmas day rolls around and their game is unplayable? They wont let it happen. 
#25 Edited by NickL (2246 posts) -

amazingly, i have over 20 hours logged in this game and i have yet to see one of these glitches everyone talks about, only thing i regularly see is the akimbo 1887s

edit: maybe its cause i play mercenary deathmatch only cause i hate getting stuck with random people against a team of people working together

on a side note, why isnt there a mercenary ground war!

#26 Edited by Capum15 (4903 posts) -

Now if only there was unlimited ammo in the campaign like in CoD4.

/sigh
//slow-mo made that campaign amazing with the right music  

@Alexander

said:

" That's nothing, wait till you see the AC-130 on infinite in this clip. 
<video> "

Oh. My. God. That was...AWESOME. Holy crap. That dude got 119 kills. The spawn kill was also hilarious, but the AC-130 was just...just great.

Edit: Now that I've watched TC's video, all I have to say is that is also awesome.
#27 Posted by imhuntad (310 posts) -

This looks like a really fun singleplayer cheat. That just looks dumb in MP. Nothing further to say.

#28 Edited by mshaw006 (550 posts) -
@Symphony said:

" @IceOrb said:

" @Symphony: The lobbies are glitched. More then half the games we attempt to get into are people glitching the lobbies so they can host "private" matches on the ranked match making lists. This brings people in their game so that they can play player matches that still count towards your experience. "

Oh really, the lobbies can be glitched out like that? That sucks. I've yet to find such a match, but sounds pretty nasty if that's the case. "
I ran into the lobby glitch a couple times last night. I was trying to join a third person tactical match to see what it was like, but it kept sending me to someone's private domination game.
#29 Posted by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -

So just to clear things up for me this is only on private games?

#30 Posted by Heartagram (1182 posts) -

THis is some of the most fun i have had in this game

#31 Posted by raynate2022 (301 posts) -

I do believe that IW DOES care about people taking advantage of their games. I dont think they fix them fast enough though. If they do REALLY care then they need to BAN anybody who does shit like this. I can't play Ground War at all because of these cheating FUCKS. Why do people insist on ruining games for everyone else because they're so GOD DAMN insecure that they have to cheat FUCK 'EM! FUCK!

#32 Edited by Aishan (1015 posts) -

This infinite ammo thing seems a lot like the super-speed zombies "mod" that was in WaW -- someone initiates it on their console, anyone else who joins gets 'infected' by it (probably something to do with memory allocation on game startup) and you can only reset it by restarting the game.  Unfortunately because of this, it's hard to track down who's responsible because it effects everyone in the game. 

Also, the Private Game -> Matchmaking thing is utterly ridiculous and has completely broken matchmaking. It's bloody annoying to try and get a proper game going in certain playlists now. 

And as far as blame goes, of course IW should fix this, but it's still not acceptable for other people to abuse it. They are not magically absolved of blame because of a glitch in the programming. They know very well what they are doing and how it affects other people, they just don't care. It's unacceptable behaviour really.

#33 Posted by sup909 (159 posts) -

MW2 has got problems. The ammo glitch is going crazy today. I paired up in 10 matches before I found a clean one. 10!!!!!!!!  IW has a real problem on their hands. 

#34 Posted by IceOrb (182 posts) -
@Dylabaloo: 

What people are doing is glitching a private lobby into the match making playlist. It causes people searching for ranked games to get dumped into their private match.
#35 Posted by Alexander (1721 posts) -
@IceOrb: Aha I haven't played in the last 2 days, hopefully when I sit down later in the week this issue will have been cleared up.
#36 Posted by belaraphon (452 posts) -

eh, i am not into stuff like this. i'd rather just play the game normally.

#37 Posted by wealllikepie (757 posts) -

i can imagine jst how much that would make me rage since i hate getting noob tubed once, let alone a thousand times...

#38 Posted by wealllikepie (757 posts) -

i can imagine jst how much that would make me rage since i hate getting noob tubed once, let alone a thousand times...

#39 Posted by Joker_777 (326 posts) -

Problems were bound to surface soon considering how much the game is played.

#40 Posted by Heron (31 posts) -
@Coombs said:
" OMG  That should so be made an option in custom games "
YEAH DUDE, TOTALLY.
#41 Posted by teh_pwnzorer (1482 posts) -
@IceOrb: Very realistic game.
#42 Posted by Gruff182 (857 posts) -

This reminds me of back when I used to play WoW. I randomly got a Presence of Mind bug where it wouldn't run out. I reported it, then went on a world-pvp rampage. Good stuff!

#43 Posted by IceOrb (182 posts) -
@teh_pwnzorer:  Yup.

@Alexander: Honestly I don't see them letting this shit continue much longer. Hell I'll bet they've already got a patch being rushed through right now.
#44 Posted by Jayzilla (2562 posts) -

Yeah that is funny. In a competitive sense though, that is awful. You have to have good collision and be free of bugs in multiplayer.

#45 Posted by Chaser324 (6552 posts) -

I ran into this infinite ammo glitch last night in a CTF match. Some guy ran around the entire time with a thumper and completely slaughtered everyone.

#46 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

It's fucked up. There's a load of stuff that needs attention. 

#47 Posted by mikeeegeee (1562 posts) -
@Gruff182: Heh, did you run around pyroblasting the shit out of anyone unfortunate enough to come across you? I've heard of that glitch happening on rare occasions. Must've been totally sweet.
#48 Posted by Gruff182 (857 posts) -

Yea, pretty much. I put a message out in chat and just went around killing gankers. Thats what  I did alot of the time anyway, but it was pretty cool knowing I couldn't lose !

#49 Edited by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

lol this is funny i cant wait to do it myself. 

#50 Edited by Capum15 (4903 posts) -
@Gruff182 said:

" This reminds me of back when I used to play WoW. I randomly got a Presence of Mind bug where it wouldn't run out. I reported it, then went on a world-pvp rampage. Good stuff! "

I remember when that one 20-man instance launched, the one with the bugs. Quiarji or some weird name.

There was this curse you could get that would infect anyone near you, and sometimes you could still have it when you left the instance. Which means people went back into the main cities and infected all the low-level people, which would be one-hit by the spell. Some people would purposely heal themselves to keep the bug on them so they could spread it. I witnessed it first hand, and it was hilariously awesome. The chat was flooded by anger, but I couldn't help but laugh at the "Breakdown of Society".

There was a glitch in a patch-testing server (back when you could get pre-made 60's for the test) that let you stack your stats over and over again. 15 guys did Kel'Thuzad (or whatever) because of that. I was going to solo that one instance before Molten Core (Black Rock something) but they fixed it before I could do it. It was hilarious three-shotting level 60 elites though.

And who can forget the "wandering bosses" in the world that were kited to the major cities? The videos on that are hilarious. 50+ people being hit by one spell and dropping is awesome to see.

Man, sometimes I wish I still played WoW. Stopped right before the Burning Crusade came out, however long ago that was.

Fun though. And just now I realized how off-topic this was.

Anyway, to be somewhat on topic, they really should've put the cheats from CoD4 back into the campaign in MW2. Like I said earlier, Slow-Motion was amazing, even if it took away your melee.

/holy crap, wall-o-text'd

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.