Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

Just started playing Hardcore TDM

krummey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By krummey

One shot kills with the FAL??  WOW!

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Hardcore, but hate TDM/SnD/HQ.  I wish they would make hardcore modes of all game types (I'm a demolition kind of dude).

krummey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By krummey

Now that I've started, I find it unfortunate that not ALL game modes are available as Hardcore.  It's wildly more satisfying to do well in Hardcore.

RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Krummey: Yep.  I don't think it would be hard to have a hardcore mode of every game.  I don't see why they don't do it.
    Bass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Bass
    @Krummey:  one shot kills with the UMP (w/o stopping power). That's more impressive than the FAL (which one shot kills to the head with stopping power in core modes)
    krummey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By krummey
    @Bass:  Insanity.  Just when I thought I was FINALLY ready to put this game to bed...
    bigsmoke77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By bigsmoke77

The only problem with hardcore is that if you hate noob tubers, hardcore is hell! It takes absolutely no skill and the splash damage is so large even without danger close. Everybody usually uses coldblooded so air support is useless so if you hate air support, hardcore is the place for you because you don't need stopping power. I enjoy playing ground war and going 50-20 so I don't play much hardcore too much but in COD 4 the only thing i played was S-D and hardcore because juggernaut didn't help you  and killing people was so much easier without people knowing where you are via the killcam.

krummey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By krummey
    @bigsmoke77:  The lack of a killcam is my favorite aspect.  I bring killstreaks that aren't affected by Cold-Blooded, Sentry Gun (right:?), Airstrike, and Stealth Bomber. 
    bigsmoke77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bigsmoke77
    @Krummey: oh yeah no killcam is great for you, sucks when someone is killing you and you have NO idea where he is, its hard to go through playing a couple hardcore games and not saying " where the hell is this guy"  but that makes it alot more realistic. I only felt the coldblooded annoying in hardcore when I was trying to get a 1000 kills with like the pave-low and all it did was fly around :( 

p.s. Sentry gun is effected by coldblooded
    krummey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By krummey
    @bigsmoke77:   So if a dude stands in front of my sentry gun with cold blooded, it won't shoot?  Weak.  Oh well, the more satisfying gunplay makes up for the lack of effective killstreaks.
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DystopiaX
    @xobballox said:
    " @Krummey: Yep.  I don't think it would be hard to have a hardcore mode of every game.  I don't see why they don't do it. "
    they don't want to dilute the amount of players in each playlist. If you double the amount of playlists, theoretically half of each playlist would leave, making it harder to find games. It's also taxing on servers and whatnot.
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DystopiaX said:
    " @xobballox said:
    " @Krummey: Yep.  I don't think it would be hard to have a hardcore mode of every game.  I don't see why they don't do it. "
    they don't want to dilute the amount of players in each playlist. If you double the amount of playlists, theoretically half of each playlist would leave, making it harder to find games. It's also taxing on servers and whatnot. "
    Good point, I didn't think about that.  Still sucks that the one mode I play doesn't have hardcore :P
    krummey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By krummey
    @DystopiaX said:
    " @xobballox said:
    they don't want to dilute the amount of players in each playlist. If you double the amount of playlists, theoretically half of each playlist would leave, making it harder to find games. It's also taxing on servers and whatnot. "
    There are hundreds of thousands of people playing this at any given time.  Surely one could find eleven other people to play any mode.  But why not at least make a Hardcore Mosh Pit?
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DystopiaX
    @Krummey said:
    " @DystopiaX said:
    " @xobballox said:
    There are hundreds of thousands of people playing this at any given time.  Surely one could find eleven other people to play any mode.  But why not at least make a Hardcore Mosh Pit? "
    also, server space. 
    and because they don't want to, don't question it. And if I remember correctly, isn't mosh pit FFA? 
    so the only concievable use of a hardcore FFA mode would be to let people boost faster, and we all need that.
    krummey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By krummey
    @DystopiaX:  Maybe I'm naive but isn't server use just a function of the number of people playing at once?  Regardless, hardcore is the way to go, and hopefully they will consider fleshing out the playlist a bit.
    meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By meteora

Hardcore solves a lot of issues regarding weapons and perks being overpowered. None of the shotgun, knifing or spawn raped bullshit. Of course it has its issues with campers, slow pacing and explosives from noob tubes.

I tend to stay away from hardcore simply because of campers and me not being able to find them.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DystopiaX
    @Krummey said:

" @DystopiaX:  Maybe I'm naive but isn't server use just a function of the number of people playing at once?  Regardless, hardcore is the way to go, and hopefully they will consider fleshing out the playlist a bit. "

i'm not that much of a technical person so i may be using the wrong terms, but i know the MW forums brought this up and there was some technical reason for why they didn't do that, in addition to diluting their playlist sizes or some shit like that.
    slax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By slax

I wish, and I know this will never happen, but I wish there was a Hardcore Moshpit style playlist with Noobtubes, Thumpers, AT-4s and RPG's all disabled. That would be ideal for me. And make it more of a strategic gametype.

krummey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By krummey
    @DystopiaX:  Fair enough.  To give an example of my technical know-how, I just found out (by accident) that clicking with the scroll wheel on the back button on my browser opens a new tab.  

I haven't played ricochet yet, do you die as easily from your own bullets as your enemies do?  Also, what about friendly explosives, are they directed back at you as well?
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DystopiaX
    @Krummey: slightly less. They're kind of forgiving in case it's an accident, so for example instead of a 1 burst kill on the M16 it'll just damage you really badly. Flash/stunning your teammates will flash/stun you though, and grenades are a lot more damaging because you can be a lot farther away from the grenade and still die.
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DystopiaX
    @Slax said:
    " I wish, and I know this will never happen, but I wish there was a Hardcore Moshpit style playlist with Noobtubes, Thumpers, AT-4s and RPG's all disabled. That would be ideal for me. And make it more of a strategic gametype. "
    well no hardcore playlist puts on weapon restrictions, you'd have to play some Gamebattles or MLG for that (lol). Actually I encounter a fair amount of RPG/thumper players in hardcore because the spread matters less (people farther away from the blast will still die due to the increased damage)
    krummey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By krummey
    @DystopiaX:  Sounds intriguing.  I'll have to check that out tomorrow.  Thanks for the info.
    iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By iam3green

hardcore team death match is great for getting the knife with the gun. it was the only time i used it, to level up my UPS.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By TheHBK

The game feels faster and more frantic.  I love it.  And I love when  a teammate calls for a package and right before it lands you blast them away and take their stuff.  LOL.  I got a lot of good stuff this way.  Some chopper gunners and a couple of AC-130s.

krummey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By krummey
    @TheHBK:  That's pretty weak, dude.  That leads me to another question.  I know that friendly kills don't add to your killstreak, but do they end them?  If I'm sitting at six, and accidentally take out a teammate with a semtex, do I have to start over to get a Harrier?
    xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By xMP44x
    @Krummey said:
    " @bigsmoke77:   So if a dude stands in front of my sentry gun with cold blooded, it won't shoot?  Weak.  Oh well, the more satisfying gunplay makes up for the lack of effective killstreaks. "
    Oh no, it will shoot, but I don't think it will do damage.
    Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By Pessh

Don't like it to be honest, seems to be a camp fest. All I play is hardcore snd and mosh pit.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

It's definitely an interesting trade-off. I tend to play Hardcore more often, because I'm a lot better at killing dudes when the guns, you know, kill dudes. 

That said, I find regular Team Deathmatch fun when I want my killstreaks to be effective, and I'll play Hardcore when I want to kill guys quickly.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.