Maps not rendering properly

#1 Posted by Simondorondo (42 posts) -

Just the past couple of days I've had issues with the maps not rendering just like with the stimulus package when it first came out (I however had no problems with the DLC on that occasion). The issues this time though are affecting all the maps on the disc and not just the DLC ones. 

Does anyone know what could be causing this and what can be done to fix it?

Just to clarify, I'm getting black dotted lines across the screen. One one occasion the match has started fine and it happened midway through but mostly it's from the outset.

...and NO I won't stop playing MW2 as I know some of you will suggest!

#2 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

Have you tried clearing your cache? Also is MW2 installed to your Hard Drive?

#3 Posted by fwylo (3556 posts) -

Can't Stop Won't Stop

#4 Posted by MrKlorox (11206 posts) -

Does this happen after hours of playing any other game? Sounds like your 360 video chip might be over heating.

#5 Posted by Simondorondo (42 posts) -
@Hockeymask27 said:
" Have you tried clearing your cache? Also is MW2 installed to your Hard Drive? "
No I haven't and I'm running from disc. 

@MrKlorox said:
" Does this happen after hours of playing any other game? Sounds like your 360 video chip might be over heating. "
Nope, I literally started playing it.
#6 Edited by MrKlorox (11206 posts) -
@Simondorondo said:

"@MrKlorox said:

" Does this happen after hours of playing any other game? Sounds like your 360 video chip might be over heating. "
Nope, I literally started playing it. "
Okay, but what about any other game, even after hours of play. It being instantaneous in MW2 has no bearing on whether or not it's your chip overheating.

If it happens on another game after some time then it will probably require MS repairing it.
#7 Posted by Tactical_Kill (1695 posts) -

What are you playing on?

#8 Posted by Simondorondo (42 posts) -
@MrKlorox:  other games are fine even with long plays. MW2 will be the 1st game played of the day when the Xbox is cool and it will happen.
#9 Posted by Simondorondo (42 posts) -
@Tactical_Kill:  UPDATE my xbox has died :( E74 error message!
#10 Posted by WoodenPlatypus (1365 posts) -
@Simondorondo:
Sounds like it was your graphics whatamajig, it happens to me on some games and I 3 red ringed, I fixed mine though. 
Sorry to hear about the sudden death. 
Turn it off and leave it to cool then turn it back on?
#11 Posted by Simondorondo (42 posts) -
@WoodenPlatypus: I'm just gonna send it off to get fixed. It's not an overheating issue as it was only just switched on.
#12 Posted by Rockdalf (1274 posts) -
@Simondorondo said:
" @WoodenPlatypus: I'm just gonna send it off to get fixed. It's not an overheating issue as it was only just switched on. "
If you can get it fixed, do so, however, it may have been an overheating issue anyways.  The damage could've already been done after a lengthy play session and it was just a time bomb after that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.