Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

Modern Warfare 2 is coming to the Wii

• 117 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Godwind
    Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Endogene

Somewhat surprised but i guess that since COD5 also came out on the Wii there really is no reason for this not to happen. I really hope that they will not leave about half the content there is out of this version as happened to COD5 this time...

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Drebin_893

Ugh.

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By raven_squad

Not going to be worth the powder to blow it to hell. Unfortunately. 

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Black_Rose

Well, so far all the CoDs have been great on the Wii, let's hope for the best with this one.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Al3xand3r

COD5 was rated and sold much better than expected despite the loss of content. Hopefully they'll do a better job now they have realised Wii is a viable platform for FPS games. I don't care if it's no better than 5 visually, but it should at least have all the modes and content, and of course the same DLC. We'll see how they do. I might get this for my Wii if it's feature complete, just to have a popular online game on it, I didn't even get 5 for my PC and even though I have 4 I don't spend much time on it.

SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SoothsayerGB

Even if I had a Wii, I would buy it for PNS or XBL.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By toowalrus

That's great, if you're into that kind of thing.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Willy105

Seems like a natural fit.

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Mushir

Oh yea! I loved the first 2 games. Never could play the 4th one because I don't own a PS3 or a 360 and my laptop isn't powerful enough for the game. Can't wait to see what they will do with the Wii version.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Godwind
    Mushir said:
    Oh yea! I loved the first 2 games. Never could play the 4th one because I don't own a PS3 ... [more]
    It probably will lose some multiplayer content but oh well.
    LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LiveOrDie1212

if it did, i bet it won't sell that well.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By End_Boss

Modern Warfare 2 is coming to the Wii!
    As an on-rails shooter.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Endogene
    LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LiveOrDie1212
    @Endogene:  ummm...ok then, nm. i'm not big of a gambler anyways
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Godwind
    End_Boss said:
    Modern Warfare 2 is coming to the Wii!......As an on-rails shooter.
    Only if rival EA was making the game.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#17  Edited By Meowayne

I'm sorry, but where exactly is there any confirmation that this is coming to the Wii?
    Or put another way: Why is this site considered credible if they say that somewhere?

World at War is great on the Wii, both single- and multiplayer, and I'd love to see another one (motionplus just popped up in my head), but I can't see this getting a Wii release and NOT a PS2 release. PS2 is where the money's at - I don't believe they'd port it just for the Wii.

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By Alexander

What Meowayne said.

Also if this is the case then I have no problem with it. People want to spend their money on that sort of thing then it's all good.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By jakob187

Is Infinity Ward making the Wii version?  If so, I'll be more than interested to see how they handle the game.  Given that IW never makes a bad shooter, I can only see good things coming from this.  = D

Also, I didn't hate CoD3 on Wii like everyone else seemed to.  Maybe it's just because people realized once they had motion capabilities, they suck ass at shooting games.  =  /
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Godwind
    Meowayne said:
    I'm sorry, but where exactly is there any confirmation that this is coming to the Wii? Or put another way: ... [more]

MLG never adds a game to the roster unless they know it is a sure thing.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Al3xand3r

@Meo: Why is it impossible they'd handle this in a similar way to COD: WaW, having the main developer work on 3 SKUS (360, PS3, Wii) and a  second studio take on the PS2 version? Final Fronts wasn't the same game with some cut down content like the Wii version, it was a different game by a different studio, and sadly much much worse as well. Anyway, MW2 is not confirmed for the Wii, but Activision have talked about how they want  this to be the best selling fps or something, which to me indicates they're gonna try to release it on the Wii as well, and possibly market it more than WaW... We'll see what happens. I don't have much hope (well, I'd probably get it for PC anyway) but the reasoning behind the doubters isn't exactly flawless... The PS2's where the money's at and the Wii isn't? It would be silly to release it on the Wii and NOT the PS2, so it's so much safer to assume they'll just release it on neither? That doesn't make logical sense. WaW, for being such a cut down version, and one that didn't get that much publicity on the wake of the HD editions, both sold and rated quite well. How did Final Fronts do? Probably nowhere near as good, there's like 2 reviews on metascore, one good and one trashing it.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By mikemcn
    Al3xand3r said:
    COD5 was rated and sold much better than expected despite the loss of content. Hopefully they'll do a better job ... [more]
    I played COD5 on the wii to completion, i really dont think they can do much better then that on the wii, maybe they can add CTF or something, maybe raise the player cap but really i think they were pushing it to the limit as it was.  That game really made me doubt the wii's capabilities, although somone was able to do great with medal of honor on the wii (Except for the whole, it takes a full clip of ammo to kill one dude thing) so maybe there is hope.
    damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#23  Edited By damnboyadvance

@godwind

No no no no no, this is completly false. Nowhere does it confirm CoD Modern Warfare 2 for the Wii. Nowhere on Gamebattles.com, nowhere on modernwarfare2.com, nowhere on the web.

nolecol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By nolecol

Wii = on rails-shooter + mini game collection +waggle control + in 4:3 + in Mono + no online - fun 

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Godwind
    Mikemcn said:
    Al3xand3r said: COD5 was rated and sold much better than expected despite the loss of content. Hopefully they'll do a ... [more]
    I don't think they were really pushing the Wii forward.  They probably could have done a better job with the game.  Although to be fair, unlike the other two consoles. it is up to the developers to make their own tools.  So there is some expectation for the game was rushed out.  Also Modern Warefare 2 was a PSP port so the game was already designed.

damnboyadvance said:
    @godwindNo no no no no, this is completly false. Nowhere does it confirm CoD Modern Warfare 2 for the Wii. ... [more]
    No Caption Provided

The picture says it all.

nolecol said:
    Wii = on rails-shooter + mini game collection +waggle control + in 4:3 + in Mono + no online - fun  [more]
    On-Rails as in taking a predetermined path?  Doesn't the word linear describe that better?

mini game collections as a collective form of modes?  Things such as multiplayer online gaming, single player games with multiple missions

Oh another mock on the motion controls to call it "waggle control".  I always considered motion controls to be mature content.  Unlike those children on Xbox live that scream little girls and call you a fag.  Did they remind you that you don't know how to play?

16:9 has been in ever since the Playstation 2.

In mono?  Seriously?  Only people with shitty tvs play things in mono.

No Online?  How about Call of Duty 5.

And as for No fun with the Wii?  Look at the Waggle control section.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Meowayne

Godwind: Still, no. Gamebattles can say  what they want, they're guessing. There's no word on a Wii  version or a PS2 version from the developer, in the official forums, in any press release, nothing. There's no additional dev working on a port. It may happen, but so far nothing at all is being done and nothing at all has been decided in regards to a Wii/PS2 version.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Al3xand3r

I still dunno why you keep saying Wii/PS2 version as if it would be the same. Even WaW Wii/PS2 versions weren't the same. Wii was a down-port from the other systems, PS2 was a ground up title from a different developer. If they ditched one of these for MW2 (if not both) it would be the latter. I'm not saying it's coming but yeah, it's possible. If it's not coming, they'll never achieve their "best selling FPS" or whatever goal they have.

Edit: By the way, no Wii logo on the official website, so it's not looking promising. Oh well, PC version for me. Revogamers claim to know it's coming to the Wii, but I don't really know how trustworthy of a website they have. Just assume the worst until they announce otherwise.

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Sticky_Pennies
    nolecol said:
    Wii = on rails-shooter + mini game collection +waggle control + in 4:3 + in Mono + no online - fun 
    Don't be silly.
    It'll be in stereo! And technicolor, too, you darned kids!
    I kid.
    Judging by what was done with CoD5, I'm sure MW2, if it actually is coming out on the Wii, will be basically a low-res version of it's high-def counterparts. And the Wii supports 16:9, too.
    damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#29  Edited By damnboyadvance
    Godwind said:
    Mikemcn said: Al3xand3r said: COD5 was rated and sold much better than expected despite the loss of content. Hopefully they'll ... [more]
    Let me repeat myself. NOWHERE on the web does it confirm Cod Modern Warfare 2 for the Wii. This isn't confirming it. Not even Gamespot or IGN has a page on Modern Warfare 2 for the Wii. Has Infinity Ward ever said anything about developing it for the Wii? No.

The picture doesn't say anything. It's like if I go make a website, and then post a page titled Grand Theft Auto IV (Wii), with a banner showing GTA IV characters and the Wii logo. That's not confirming it.

So in case you don't get it, this site is not legit. If it is, then where are the screenshots? Where is the Wii logo on the Modern Warfare 2 website? There isn't one. As of now, it's not being made for the Wii. Look for yourself.

No Caption Provided

bartholomew999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By bartholomew999

Cod 3 on the Wii was very WIik!  However, they developed a very solid WaW so a Modern Warfare Wii could be also be solid I guess.  I just haven't heard this anywhere else.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Scooper

I bet it will work really well with the Wii's intuitive pick-up-and-play controlls :).

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32  Edited By Milkman

Yeah, I really doubt this is happening. I don't even know what that site is suppose to be, nor does it have any sources or anything to make me believe that is true. I really doubt that Infinity Ward would waste their time porting Modern Warfare 2 to the Wii.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Al3xand3r

Yes, it would be a waste of time to add another million or two (or a few more, depending on marketing) to their sales with little effort seeing as the engine is already up and running on the Wii thanks to WaW and they're bound to have low-res visuals in place for the PC version's options (even if they have to be further downsized). Or, it's not like Activision have other teams to take care of the porting if needed eh?

And no, I'm not saying it's coming, just that it's a possibility since they want it to be the best selling FPS or some crap like that, and missing the platform with 50% of the market is quite a big loss for such goals. As for that website, can you point to when they were actually wrong about a game coming to another platform? Do the same for revogamers who also claim they know it's coming to the Wii. I'm not saying any of these are reliable as I didn't know of them previously, but if you do so well, let us know how reliable sources they are please.

JebranRush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By JebranRush

It would only mean more sales overall for the game.

But, personally, I think it's a bad idea gameplay-wise. After playing CoD5 for Wii, I can safely say I'd much rather play it on the 360 or another console.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Al3xand3r

And you could do just that whether they put it on the Wii or not... Tons of people prefer the Wii controls for FPS titles, with good reason.

lemon360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By lemon360

SHITTY

Avatar image for deactivated-5884be30433ec
    deactivated-5884be30433ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is zero proof of Modern Warfare 2 coming to the Wii. At least no proof that I have seen.

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#38  Edited By Warfare
    SoothsayerGB said:
    Even if I had a Wii, I would buy it for PNS or XBL.
    Agree.
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#39  Edited By RHCPfan24

If you only have a Wii, then good for you. It is pretty much assured that the 360/PS3 will be better, but I am sure, if it is along the lines of COD: WaW, it will be solid.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Al3xand3r

It's also pretty much assured it will be better on the PC, you don't see me going in the 360 thread forums going all "even if I had a 360 I'd buy it for the PC" for every multi platform title or trashing exclusivity claims of many so called "360 gems" that I've been enjoying without owning the damn system. I dunno why anyone who doesn't have a Wii or doesn't care for MW2 on the Wii would come to post in this thread for no reason other than to state his console preferences. Was that what the thread was about and I somehow managed to miss it or what exactly is going on >_>

Edit: Not aimed @ u RHC btw, nice decent post there, just took your basic post and apply it on the obvious trolls that only come here to go all NOOO, IW would not do that, Wii is shit, MW2 on Wii would be shit, or whatever other crap they pull out of the wrong end...

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Diamond
    @Al3xand3r:
    Oh lord.  Dude, the 360 and PS3 are in a completely different class from the Wii.  The difference between the PC version and 360/PS3 will be like 1%, but the Wii just isn't capable of delivering the same quality game, graphics, sound, and online play!

I have all the platforms and there's no way I'd buy the Wii version of a multiplatform FPS.

Furthermore, the fact that MW2 isn't announced for WIi yet makes me think it's not coming.  Wasn't W@W announced day one for Wii as well as the other platforms?  I just don't see IW being as much of a compromsing company as Treyarch is.  Maybe they'll announce a WIi port at E3, but I doubt IW would be behind it anyways.

I had one more problem with something you said earlier "missing the platform with 50% of the market is quite a big loss for such goals".  Wii has a lot of the hardware marketshare, but it doesn't have the same footprint in software.  I've yet to see proof that W@W has even sold a million on Wii, for that matter.  It sold 366K on NPD then dropped off all the charts.  I think IW would rather focus on making their primier platforms their focus.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Al3xand3r

No, sorry, I'd never buy a FPS on a PS360 instead of the PC even if I owned those. The differences are quite vast, even if you don't want to see them. The resolution and filtering alone is enough, but they're also bound to offer higher resolution textures and other enhancements you're free to call "minor" just as other people are free to prefer Wii controls over 360 graphics. I also love my mouse+kb. I'm glad that's settled.

World at War was a pretty shoddy port with a lot of removed content, no DLC capabilities, and many other extreme compromises given Treyarch is hardly competent and had to work on all three versions as opposed to having a different studio help with the porting, and perhaps dedicating some time to the re-creation of low-res assets instead of the near automatic downgrade process that makes everything look shit. Even with that, it did reach 1m sales last I read. A good port with some actual marketing and no lazy compromises but only the required ones could do far better.

And yeah, Wii software attach rate has grown a lot and is often only second to the 360 depending on the monthly releases. Sales of given titles cannot be compared since the Wii has not had a high profile high budget third party release as of now. In Japan Monster Hunter 3 (this August) will be the very first. Other companies like Square and Namco have titles in the pipeline. In the West however, things are bad, if slowly changing.

Edit: I never said multi platform owners should rush and buy Wii versions of titles they prefer in HD. No argument here, one does what one wants.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Diamond
    Al3xand3r said:
    No, sorry, I'd never buy a FPS on a PS360 instead of the PC even if I owned those. The ... [more]
    OK now you really are just coming off as a frothing fanboy.
    Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Endogene
    Diamond said:
    @Al3xand3r: Oh lord.  Dude, the 360 and PS3 are in a completely different class from the Wii.  The difference between ... [more]
    1,12 million apparently world wide if you are to ask VGcharts.com
    3,36 million for the 360 world wide
    3,24 million on the PS3 world wide
    No data for the PC version
    0,65 world wide for the PS2
    0,37 for the DS

Quite a cool site VGcharts, I like how you can scroll the different regional box arts.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Diamond
    Endogene said:
    Diamond said: @Al3xand3r: Oh lord.  Dude, the 360 and PS3 are in a completely different class from the Wii.  The ... [more]
    VGCharts is in no way a credible source though.
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Godwind
    Diamond said:
    Endogene said: Diamond said: @Al3xand3r: Oh lord.  Dude, the 360 and PS3 are in a completely different class from the ... [more]

Do you know a source that does produce this credible information?
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Diamond
    Godwind said:
    Diamond said: Endogene said: Diamond said: @Al3xand3r: Oh lord.  Dude, the 360 and PS3 are in a completely different class ... [more]
    NPD is estimated but damn near official.  Europe and Japan have more accurate trackers.  Problem is when a game drops off the charts it can be hard for us to guess how many it sold.  However, when you compare other games, for example the 10th best selling game, you can set up maximum boundries for potential sales.

Say you know the 10th best selling game across all platforms sold 200K copies in the US during a certain month.  Then say the top 3 Wii games showed up in the top 10.  If Call of Duty W@W was the 15th best selling Wii game, you can begin to estimate.

VGChartz does absolutely none of this (at least most of the time).
    MrPerfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By MrPerfect

It would be interesting to play on the Wii I might would get it only if it was given to me as a gift. 

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Meowayne

Not happening.

Avatar image for pissedoffthewitch
    pissedoffthewitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

I understand buying it on the Wii if that's all you have....but who else would?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.