Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

Modern Warfare 2 is coming to the Wii

• 117 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Linkyshinks

@Al3xand3r said:
    " 1) Wow, nice post, bro. Meowayne said nothing about me and posted his own opinion. I also said nothing of Meowayne, only posted my opinion.
    2) No, but that's off topic. Go back to talking of arse licking fanboys, that's much more constructive and much better than my posts, you're so cool.

You said that game looks muddy (and it does) and any immersion the controls could add is lost with the visuals (sounds true). No mention? Yeah, you said it in relation to each other, as if I said anything about immersion, or said anything to praise MOH2's graphics. Controls were the topic and the only reason I mentioned the game you singled out of several, just to bash its visuals which I would too if it was the subject. It wasn't.

Wii FPS controls are definitely on par, if not better than, controls on the HD consoles. Not on par with the PC. Critics opinions show that much, since with the low-effort shoddy porting of the FPS titles it's had so far, they only earn points for the controls and end up with a similar enough metascore, as that is what most reviews mention. You can like them less, I can like them more, calling them sub par is simply your opinion.As for the problems, well, duh, no control methods are perfect. You agree PC controls are superior, that implies problems with HD controls too. "

I've been on this forum long enough to see him come to your defense when others have made criticism on Wii games. I'm not blind to any of it, when it happens as it has done yet again.

It's highly relevant here, and in any other thread thread where I see yet more uncouth aggressive interaction, directed at anybody who remotely holds an opinion that differs to yours.

I am now fucking sick of it, and I can hazard a guess many others on this forum are also. It's become so bad peoiple now expect you to turn up into a thread with more of it. I have never said anything in the past because it's only been happening on the odd occasion, but now it seem your bullshit has gone into overdrive in recent weaks. 

I simply wont condone it by saying nothing in future.

Can you not read my clear explanation above:

Why do you relate the "wow" to graphics?, I made no mention of them in that sentence.

I mentioned graphics in relation to controls, saying they defeat instantly any feeling of (weak) realism you gain from the controls, because the graphics are so bad on screen.

I had no intention of discusing graphics, but the point in reference to controls needed to be highlighted.

"Wii FPS controls are definitely on par, if not better than, controls on the HD consoles." Al3xand3r

...I honestly am not even going to bother with this one, I will leave others to take issue with such nonsense statement. It's stuff like this that screams of fanboyism that may well distgust poeple on this forum.

Call of Duty: World at War, Call of Duty 3, Ghost Squad, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, are games I own, the only shootes on Wii I have sense not to own is RE:UC and The Conduit even though I have played ample of both to know they are shit.

@Jayge
    said:
    " I was not aware that Matt Casamassina was the be-all-end-all opinion giver on control mechanisms. "

He does'nt know fuck all about the genre, the variations and subtleties throughout the genre we see today, his game of choice are adventure games, not FPS's. Killzone 2 was the first FPS he had bought I ages according to what he said in a podcast a little while back. The fact of the matter is, he's not going to be playing many  FPS's, not when he's a Nintendo editor playing Wii games. He has admitted recently that the bulk of his work load is shovel-ware!, which is why they had to hire interns/freelancers to help with it all.

In stark contrast, Jeff on the other hand plays a ton of FPSs, we all know that, it's his genre of choice along with fighters - *snap* In reviewing games in the genre constantly, he's in a far better position to judge where this game slots into the genre as a whole, he has a far more credible view as far as I'm concerned, and it was proved when I played it.

I object to his [8.6 Great] (-for Wii...) Conduit review.

I have played that game for just over three hours, after playing a friends ripped copy I should add. While I found the controls tweak-able to a good degree, I spent more than 20 mins constantly tweaking the controls back and forth during different scenarios on the fly, why did I do this?, because I felt like I needed to. Just when I thought I had found the right balance, I would begin to question if  after few minutes. It was very unsettling. When I go into any such game, I want to be able to select my controls and jump in and play, with little to no attention to controls after.

in some situations it controlled fine enough, even if it was sub par to what I experience on 360, but at other times, it was simply not fun, it felt removed and light gunny. the skill involved in aiming in other games on HD consoles is more conducive to fun. The weak rumble was just annoying also, sometimes effecting my aim, but they may possibly have been the rumble blaster gun I was using.

I think many Wii owners are now starting to realize that dude will say anything to promote better games development on Wii. Many of the readership on IGN are now getting sick of it, the stuff he said recently when he actually pleaded with people to buy a game in a review was laughed at rightful on the IGN boards.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102  Edited By Al3xand3r

It seems to me that after a moderator talk or whatever you pmed me about (because you thought I accused you no less, which I never did, but that's another story for another day I suppose) you start pointing the finger at other Wii owners to take the stigma off your back because you're scared of God knows what. And of course you won't respond to the statament you made huge and underlinedbecause there's nothing to respond to a mere fact (as it is for those who like them). And since you're not gonna respond to that, I don't know why the fuck you respond to me at all. The controls is all of what I've been talking about, the controls isn't what you wanna talk about, yet you keep spewing bullshit about ass licking fanboys. Perhaps you should take a look in the mirror before you point the finger at whoever you think harms the forums or is absurd.

Yes, some people are incompetent with Wii controls, we know that much. Guess what, some (perhaps mostly PC gamers who don't play much on consoles) are incompetent with gamepad controls, that doesn't make them bad either. Some are competent but still dislike or even hate them.  Many a PC gamer hates dual analog controls but they don't go around in every thread spewing bullshit about how they suck. Well, some do. I don't. Whatever. People have different preferences, I thought I've been saying exactly that in all these discussions. As for Matt, I never brought him up as proof of anything. I said critics, in general. Other than a few, ahem, stubborn writers like Jeff, many find the controls "just fine" and "on par" to say the least. Other than that, many Wii owners find them "on par" and "just fine" to say the least.

It is therefor your mere personal opinion which makes them "under-par" for you and nothing more. Again, they're not perfect and I never said they are. They're not on par with PC controls and I never said they are. And since you also find PC controls superior of the three, it seems that you accept there are issues, different issues, with HD controls. Perhaps issues you can live with. Perhaps Wii controls have issues you can't live with and others can. I also never disputed issues exist with Wii controls. All control schemes have their issues.

Some, like you, do not like them. Fine. Did I tell you to like them? I can accept you hate them. What I can't understand is why you aren't able to accept that others find them great, with the positives outdoing the negatives for them, and that this doesn't mean they're retarded and like shit things, for that to mean that Wii controls are indeed shit merely because you, Jayge, Jeff, and many others find them to be so. Gawd. Seriously?

As for the wow factor issue, what else would you be reffering to if not visuals? I'm so sorry I misunderstood after you had spoken of how muddy MOH2 looks, but I don't see how controls can be impressive, if that's what you reffered to. Controls are a damn expected standard after sometime. I was impressed the first time I played on PC yes. Now it's a standard I expect from all FPS games, with the tweaks required for each game's quirks. I was impressed the first time I played on Wii. Now that's also an expected standard. Hell, I expect more, I don't want to see a game have the turning speed issues of MP3 again for example, despite enjoying it greatly back when I first got it. Hell, I was impressed the first time I played with an analogue stick. That also became an expected standard soon enough. So, nothing impresses me about FPS controls.

So, what, that is actually our subject, could make you go wow? Metroid Prime 3 sure made people go wow given its metascore of 90. Perhaps less wow than if it didn't have 2 prequels already, but still, that's pretty damn impressive. Other than that, I never claimed any killer app pure FPS title for the Wii, and it's something that is completely off topic when discussing the simple subject of CONTROLS, which is what I have been doing, while you have merely been moving the goal posts from how muddy MOH2 looks to how there has been no FPS that makes you go wow on the Wii because Metroid Prime 3 if a FPA and not a FPS or whatever. No, nobody's made a killer app Wii FPS, and I never said anyone did, so that is a completely off topic argument I never tried to discuss or shoot down. What I have been discussing is the controls.

To recap. No, Wii controls aren't divine and I never said they are. No, the Wii has no pure FPS killer app and I never said it has one. But these two facts don't mean shit for what I've been saying, which is that a) no, Wii controls aren't shit, they're at least on par with HD controls for many, and b) your objections based on your personal preferences don't change that to make the controls factually, universally shitty and under par for anyone but you and those who share the same opinion, since you seem to have many people around with the opposite opinion, and I'm not talking just on here, where you'll claim it's just me and Meowayne, the ass licking fanboys, but also on other communities like NeoGAF, and also among critics, as, once again, the metacritic scores, and the actual text reviews of many such Wii titles show.

Edit: Congrats for using a lightgun-esque shell to play The Conduit (and other FPS?), the rumble blaster or whatever, then complaining that it felt "lightgunny" to you... From my experience it would also restrict your control tweaking to a degree considering that if you hold it as a gun you get extremely weird access to the top buttons and you also can't easily use the two different motion functions, one on the nunchuck and one on the remote. Not to mention without 1:1 aiming it just hinders your play style than helps it. There's no point in using a gun shell and aiming as with a gun if you're merely controlling a cursor that doesn't have 1:1 aiming calibration like House of the Dead has. Just take that thing off, use the remote and nunchuck as normal, in your lap, with slight wrist movements and easier, more natural access to the main top buttons. This is just an obersvation, a hint of advice, nothing more. I'm not making any other point, the points I had to make are in the bulk of the text...

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#103  Edited By Jayge_
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " I simply said that is all it is, an opinion, and not a fact showing how terrible FPS controls are on the Wii. It was my opinion and the opinions of others that I brought up that were belittled with attempts to pass someone's opposing opinion as factual information, not the other way around. Read."
    @Linkyshinks said:
    "

"Wii FPS controls are definitely on par, if not better than, controls on the HD consoles." Al3xand3r

"
    @Al3xand3r said: 
    " Jayge, you tactfully ignored part of my post, then proceeded to present your personal preferences as fact. I'm sorry, it doesn't work that way mate. 
    "

@Al3xand3r said:
    And of course you won't respond to the statament you made huge and underlined (as if you have responded to anything I said at all anyway, which makes me wonder why you quoted me at all in that case) because there's nothing to respond to a mere fact."
    Dude... what?
    Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#104  Edited By Dalai

I feel like I should write 30 walls of text just to fit in here.  I'll try to make this as simple and as blunt as possible.

• Modern Warfare 2 (which this topic is supposedly about) is not coming to the Wii.  Ever.
    • The Conduit (the "other" topic apparently) is simply an average shooter from what I've seen so far.
    • Jeff knows more about shooters than Matt Casamassina therefore I take Jeff's word over Matt's word on this subject anytime.
    • I personally haven't played The Conduit so I could be wrong on points 2 and 3.  I need to play it for myself.
    • I still think Metroid Prime 3 is the standard for Wii shooters, but the only shooters I've played on the Wii are Call of Duty 3 and Metroid Prime 3... which brings up my next point.
    • I don't play many shooters myself, but I can't say that the Wii Remote is better or worse than a traditional pad or a mouse/keyboard combo.  It's different.  A talented developer like Infinity Ward can make Modern Warfare 2 awesome on the Wii if they put the resources to it.  Nobody has yet to do it although High Voltage gave it a shot and failed according to some.
    • Al3xand3r, you need to learn how to state your opinion in less than 100 words... without major edits... while not looking like you know it all and we don't know jack shit.  It has gotten very annoying.
    • This thread needs to die since it has outlived its usefulness 100 or so posts ago.

I'm done here.  Goodnight.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Al3xand3r

1-Plausible
    2-True
    3-Don't care for Matt, or Jeff
    4-Ok
    5-I can see where you're coming from, try WaW also
    6-Great
    7-Sorry, can only take so much Wii bs before exploding, edits are usually to shorten them/make them easier to read
    8-True, I revived it with some pre-order slips of MW2 Wii from European stores, my bad

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Jayge_

For the record, I was just using Casamassina because he (besides Bozon) is the only Wii-centric journalist I know, and he's also a bit of a wingnut. I did not intend for this to become a discussion on Matt's FPS experiences, lol.

_Phara0h_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#107  Edited By _Phara0h_

Come on peeps if there is a Wii version on the way it's not made by infinity ward. And Activision is the publisher so I would expect anything less of them it comming to the Wii....

Reuben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Reuben

Well I'm sure Wii-only peeps will be happy! (as long as the game doesn't suck on the Wii)

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#109  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    @THAfara0 said:
    " Come on peeps if there is a Wii version on the way it's not made by infinity ward. And Activision is the publisher so I would expect anything less of them it comming to the Wii.... "
    Vicarious Visions does really good work when it comes to Guitar Hero on Wii. The Wii version of World Tour was very interconnected, just like the Xbox and PS3 versions. Activision has good teams that handles this kind of thing, so it may actually be pretty good.

I wouldn't be one to say it'd be as good as the version on other consoles, but . . . why do you guys care so much? Bad Company 2 is coming out around the same time from what I understand, so Modern Warfare 2 already lost on 360 and PS3. Maybe it could use the Wii to get a jump on things.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Jayge_
    @Arkthemaniac said:
    " @THAfara0 said:
    " Come on peeps if there is a Wii version on the way it's not made by infinity ward. And Activision is the publisher so I would expect anything less of them it comming to the Wii.... "
    Vicarious Visions does really good work when it comes to Guitar Hero on Wii. The Wii version of World Tour was very interconnected, just like the Xbox and PS3 versions. Activision has good teams that handles this kind of thing, so it may actually be pretty good.

I wouldn't be one to say it'd be as good as the version on other consoles, but . . . why do you guys care so much? Bad Company 2 is coming out around the same time from what I understand, so Modern Warfare 2 already lost on 360 and PS3. Maybe it could use the Wii to get a jump on things.
    "
    bwuhuhuwhat?
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#111  Edited By JJOR64

This doesn't surprise me at all.

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@Arkthemaniac: Are the people who play Bad Company and the people who play MW2 even the same people? I've looked through many of my CoD4 friends "played games" list on my 360, and don't remember ever seeing Bad Company. I can't see someone heading to the store for MW2 and then end up buying Bad Company instead, or hearing/seeing Bad Company and buying it instead, if anything they'll get both. I really doubt that Bad Company coming out around the same time will subtract from MW2 sales.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    @MasterOfPenguins_Zell said:
    " @Arkthemaniac: Are the people who play Bad Company and the people who play MW2 even the same people? I've looked through many of my CoD4 friends "played games" list on my 360, and don't remember ever seeing Bad Company. I can't see someone heading to the store for MW2 and then end up buying Bad Company instead, or hearing/seeing Bad Company and buying it instead, if anything they'll get both. I really doubt that Bad Company coming out around the same time will subtract from MW2 sales. "
    No, but it'll be a better game.

BWAHAHAHA!
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Arkthemaniac said:
    " @MasterOfPenguins_Zell said:
    " @Arkthemaniac: Are the people who play Bad Company and the people who play MW2 even the same people? I've looked through many of my CoD4 friends "played games" list on my 360, and don't remember ever seeing Bad Company. I can't see someone heading to the store for MW2 and then end up buying Bad Company instead, or hearing/seeing Bad Company and buying it instead, if anything they'll get both. I really doubt that Bad Company coming out around the same time will subtract from MW2 sales. "
    No, but it'll be a better game.

BWAHAHAHA!"
    Whatever, I'm not getting into some childish fanboy argument over which game will be better. I don't really think you can compare them, the demographics are different, and the games are very different.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Jayge_

Regardless, Modern Warfare 2 will do buttloads on BC2, it's not even a comparison in terms of sales potential :-/

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Arkthemaniac

You guys are fucking stiffer than I could possibly concieve. I'll leave and let you get serious at each other over meaningless crap.

MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Arkthemaniac: Thought you were being serious. Sorry, just irritated, I don't like when people compare two unalike things.

This topic, honestly, just needs to be locked. >__>
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#118  Edited By Hamz

I think this topic has now hit an all time low where constructive discussion has been thrown to the side in favour of pointless arguing and bitching at one another instead of discussing the subject at hand in a more productive and mature way. I'm sure we can all hazard a guess as to who is responsible for derailing this topic. I'd like to remind everyone that trolling, flaming and all round zealous fanboy rage that derails topics is not only rude but completely kills the chances of your fellow users taking you seriously in a discussion.

I am slowly losing patience with people who think Giant Bomb is System Wars. Take a step back and check your fanboyish attitudes at the door before hitting the 'rage' key.

Locked.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.