Modern Warfare 2 is the worst AAA title ever

• 111 results
#51 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5816 posts) -

I feel like I've heard this before.

#52 Posted by NTM (7337 posts) -

Oh boy, someone not liking MW2 'cause of the MP. Big whoop. MP doesn't even matter. Singleplayer is where it's at. And, the multiplayer is fun. The only time anyone dislikes a MP is 'cause they aren't good enough at it. I don't see how you can go on and rant about disliking something without sucking at it :).
#53 Posted by memo (421 posts) -

i enjoyed mw2 story a lot but the multiplayer even it is fun I do understand the frustration

#54 Posted by HaltIamReptar (2029 posts) -

I have yet to play MW2, but I have yet to see anybody actually rebut somebody's complaints about the multiplayer.

#55 Posted by Arker101 (1474 posts) -

Yeah, the love/hate relationship was already discussed to death. 
 It can be insanely fun at times, but it can also hugely suck at other times. 

Whatch'ya goona do?

#56 Posted by Shadow (4979 posts) -

You're a big poopy stupid head

#57 Edited by MetalBaofu (1373 posts) -
@jmrwacko:   My experience was pretty much the exact opposite.  I stopped playing it a few months ago because I just wasn't having fun playing for numerous reasons(tons of campers/etc.).   About a month ago I had nothing else to do, so I started it up to play a few matches and I've been playing a few matches everyday since then.  I rarely run into any of the stuff that was happening when I stopped playing before.   Oh....I pretty much only play mercenary TDM, btw.
#58 Posted by Dan_CiTi (3261 posts) -

Worst AAA game ever? No. There have been many far worse AAA games. 

#59 Posted by Bigandtasty (3202 posts) -

The "AAA" label means very little to me.

#60 Posted by kishan6 (1914 posts) -
@Dipstick said:
" @kishan6 said:
" a little bit late on this friend.  but anyways ya call of duty 2 was the last really good call of duty game cod4 was pretty good and waw hadsome good singleplayer missions but overall most of them are average games with awesome production values "
I'm sorry, I hate to bring this up but is English your native language? Every single post I've seen that you've made has had a lack of periods, capital letters, and grammar in general. If it's not your first language then I apologize.  "
english is my first language 
I jUsT dOnT CaRe EnOuGh To FiX iT
#61 Posted by Dipstick (547 posts) -
@kishan6 said:
" @Dipstick said:
" @kishan6 said:
" a little bit late on this friend.  but anyways ya call of duty 2 was the last really good call of duty game cod4 was pretty good and waw hadsome good singleplayer missions but overall most of them are average games with awesome production values "
I'm sorry, I hate to bring this up but is English your native language? Every single post I've seen that you've made has had a lack of periods, capital letters, and grammar in general. If it's not your first language then I apologize.  "
english is my first language I jUsT dOnT CaRe EnOuGh To FiX iT "
Good for you man, you show people how smart you are. 

You're so edgy :)
#62 Posted by JoeyIA (662 posts) -
@Dipstick: HaHaHaHa pwnd
#63 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10898 posts) -

Who cares? If you're going to hate on Call of Duty, at least stay up to date! 

#64 Posted by woodierock (6 posts) -

I love modern warfare 2. It's pretty easy to avoid all the launchers and knifers. Have you ever tried using your grenade launcher with scavenger? It's fun as shit. It's a shame how some people who take games so seriously are literally incapable of having fun at all. Lighten up, if you're in a game like that pull out a rocket launcher and try not to be so serious.

#65 Posted by kishan6 (1914 posts) -
@Dipstick said:
" @kishan6 said:
" @Dipstick said:
" @kishan6 said:
english is my first language I jUsT dOnT CaRe EnOuGh To FiX iT "
Good for you man, you show people how smart you are.  You're so edgy :) "
yup im edgy your right, me the one who tries to insult people for something trivial like grammar on a video game forum... wait... that wasnt me
im glad that you are comfortable enough with ur grammar skills that you can comment on their intelligence wen they decide not use proper grammar on a internet forum 

besides why would you call someone stupid if you dont even know them and they never did anything to you.  im glad you contribute to society in a positive form 

@JoeyIA said:
" @Dipstick: HaHaHaHa pwnd "
dude...  just shutup 
you cant say that someone did a good job showing someone up about grammar and then continue to say pwnd
#66 Posted by Dipstick (547 posts) -
@kishan6: I don't know you but what from what I've seen you post on the forums, I feel confident in saying you're probably not the sharpest tool in the shed.
#67 Posted by JoeyIA (662 posts) -
@kishan6: Can & did.
#68 Posted by Creigz (183 posts) -
@jmrwacko said:
" I was on the hate train at launch. Infinity Ward had a whole damn year to take me off the hate train, but all they did was fix the care package bug and add a couple of overpriced map packs. "
Same here, I was on the hate train. I got PC for free, twice, and I took the proceeds from the second free steam copy to buy the Xbox one for me and a friend to play until Reach came out. 
#69 Posted by jmrwacko (2443 posts) -

Decided to try again, maybe I was just having a bad night after all, I'll give it one more go and see if things improve. Get into one game, it's noob tube city, danger close everywhere. Get into a domination game, the other team is entirely marathon/commando/ninja. I SENSE A PATTERN HERE.

#70 Posted by Romination (2777 posts) -

This entire thread

"Herpy derpy a derp derp derpy da derpadee doo."

#71 Posted by Vinny_Says (5700 posts) -
@jmrwacko: Do you know what a AAA game is?
#72 Posted by kishan6 (1914 posts) -
@Dipstick said:
" @kishan6: I don't know you but what from what I've seen you post on the forums, I feel confident in saying you're probably not the sharpest tool in the shed. "
@kishan6 said:

besides why would you call someone stupid if you dont even know them and they never did anything to you.  im glad you contribute to society in a positive form 

once again this.  youre probably one of those kids who in high school nobody liked because he picked fights for no reason and just wouldnt shut his mouth up.  i know someone exactly like you, im used to it flame me for no reason i bask in it. 
asperbers maybe? 
moral of the story dont start something for no apparent reason.  you dont know their problems so dont pretend to IF i was mentally challenged and you knew it you wouldnt be talking.  im just teaching u a life lesson here.
#73 Edited by Dipstick (547 posts) -
@kishan6 said:

" @Dipstick said:

" @kishan6: I don't know you but what from what I've seen you post on the forums, I feel confident in saying you're probably not the sharpest tool in the shed. "
@kishan6 said:

once again this.  youre probably one of those kids who in high school nobody liked because he picked fights for no reason and just wouldnt shut his mouth up.  i know someone exactly like you, im used to it flame me for no reason i bask in it. asperbers maybe? moral of the story dont start something for no apparent reason.  you dont know their problems so dont pretend to IF i was mentally challenged and you knew it you wouldnt be talking.  im just teaching u a life lesson here. "
"besides why would you call someone stupid if you dont even know them "

"youre probably one of those kids who in high school nobody liked because he picked fights for no reason and just wouldnt shut his mouth up.  i know someone exactly like you, im used to it flame me for no reason i bask in it"

Ironic eh?          
#74 Posted by Tennmuerti (8073 posts) -

I'll let you in on a little secret:

When you are winning in multiplayer games you usually have much more fun then if you are constantly loosing.

shhhhhhh

#75 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -

The OP is right but by now you should have just traded it in or do what I did and snap the shit out of it.

#76 Posted by FiestaUnicorn (1577 posts) -

I've been able to find counters against all these supposedly cheap tactics.   Maybe you're just not very good at it.
#77 Posted by ShockD (2401 posts) -

One's opinion doesn't turn it into a fact.

#78 Posted by sins_of_mosin (1556 posts) -

I say it has the worst story of any AAA game.  I didn't bother with MP.

#79 Posted by hicks91 (757 posts) -

i like it

#80 Posted by CaptainObvious (2996 posts) -

Come on dude. You could have atleast waited for Black Ops to get released and hate on that.

#81 Posted by invadernick (260 posts) -

haze

#82 Posted by rmills87 (463 posts) -

Grrr...it's still a really fun game.  I don't understand why there is so much hate against widely accepted and played games.  Then again, I respect your opinion.  Everybody is entitled to one.

#83 Posted by Spiral_Stars (456 posts) -
@Tennmuerti said:
" I'll let you in on a little secret:

When you are winning in multiplayer games you usually have much more fun then if you are constantly loosing.

shhhhhhh "
I won't ever be able to prove that theory, because I never lose.
#84 Posted by Tactical_Kill (1695 posts) -
@invadernick said:
" haze "
But I heard that game was the Shit!!! 
#85 Posted by Bucketdeth (8007 posts) -

MW2 is a pile of shit and I didn't buy it, I only liked WaW for the zombie mode. I want to steal Black Ops some how because all my friends are getting it because they love shitty games.

#86 Posted by Hansolol (407 posts) -

Have they fixed the respawns?  I remember them being so close to the action that I would kill someone and then see myself killing them in the killcam!

#87 Posted by zudthespud (3281 posts) -

I traded it in for Bad Company 2 when that came out. It's prolly the last Call of Duty game I'll buy on day 1. It drove me insane. I don't miss it one bit.

#88 Posted by BRNK (307 posts) -

Oh, the nerve of all those other players using weapons and perks available to everyone in the game! What assholes!!! 
This thread absolutely wreaks of butt-hurt. If you care so damn much about winning, then equip the OP'd shit and do dirt. If you're trying to have fun, build a class you like and enjoy the fewer kills you get. No one is arguing with you  about the fact that MW2 could've used some better balancing; we're just responding to the thinly veiled BAWWWW of your original post.

#89 Posted by davidjohnkeen (62 posts) -

This whole thread really comes off as an attention grab to me. Everyone has been voicing the same criticisms for almost a year now, there was really no need to start this up again. Mw2 is an extremely tightly designed game that has a massive passionate fan base. These fans have sunk hundreds of hours into the game and have of course gotten really good at shooting people in the face and finding little hidey holes to do that from. That doesn't really seem like the games fault to me...

#90 Posted by m0nty (165 posts) -

I get an image of Online Gamer (Aaron) without the funnies or the cussin'. 

Thanks for proving those videos correct.

#91 Posted by kishan6 (1914 posts) -
@Dipstick said:
" @kishan6 said:
once again this.  youre probably one of those kids who in high school nobody liked because he picked fights for no reason and just wouldnt shut his mouth up.  i know someone exactly like you, im used to it flame me for no reason i bask in it. asperbers maybe? moral of the story dont start something for no apparent reason.  you dont know their problems so dont pretend to IF i was mentally challenged and you knew it you wouldnt be talking.  im just teaching u a life lesson here. "
"besides why would you call someone stupid if you dont even know them " "youre probably one of those kids who in high school nobody liked because he picked fights for no reason and just wouldnt shut his mouth up.  i know someone exactly like you, im used to it flame me for no reason i bask in it" Ironic eh?           "
i never called you stupid
all i did was say you pick fights for no reason
it isnt unreasonable to make the assumption that you do this in real life
#92 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

Call of Duty isn't a great series, only one I have liked is CoD2 however I haven't given Modern Warfare (1) enough time.

But yes, Moder Warfare 2 is overrated and just not that good.

#93 Posted by Dipstick (547 posts) -
@kishan6 said:
" @Dipstick said:
" @kishan6 said:
"besides why would you call someone stupid if you dont even know them " "youre probably one of those kids who in high school nobody liked because he picked fights for no reason and just wouldnt shut his mouth up.  i know someone exactly like you, im used to it flame me for no reason i bask in it" Ironic eh?           "
i never called you stupid all i did was say you pick fights for no reason it isnt unreasonable to make the assumption that you do this in real life "
I can't believe I have to explain this. 

You got upset because I called you "not the sharpest tool in the shed" without ever meeting you, and then you go and say I pick fight in real life without ever meeting me. You're doing the exact same thing you got upset at me for doing, thus I said it was ironic.
#94 Posted by CornontheCobbe (2645 posts) -

Buy turtle beach x41's and play hardcore S&D instead. Full of skill, and not full of people commando knifing you from 100 yards away.

#95 Posted by kashif1 (1428 posts) -
@jmrwacko: yes, lets dis the popular game
#96 Posted by tunaburn (1890 posts) -
@NTM said:
" Oh boy, someone not liking MW2 'cause of the MP. Big whoop. MP doesn't even matter. Singleplayer is where it's at. And, the multiplayer is fun. The only time anyone dislikes a MP is 'cause they aren't good enough at it. I don't see how you can go on and rant about disliking something without sucking at it :). "
i had a 1.44 kill death ratio before i quit. The game sucks and im good at it.
#97 Posted by kishan6 (1914 posts) -
@Dipstick said:
" @kishan6 said:
" @Dipstick said:
" @kishan6 said:
i never called you stupid all i did was say you pick fights for no reason it isnt unreasonable to make the assumption that you do this in real life "
I can't believe I have to explain this.  You got upset because I called you "not the sharpest tool in the shed" without ever meeting you, and then you go and say I pick fight in real life without ever meeting me. You're doing the exact same thing you got upset at me for doing, thus I said it was ironic. "
omg... 
u dont get what im trying to say but w/e im over it 
how bout we just kiss and make up hmm?
#98 Posted by gamb1t (965 posts) -

only thing good about mw2 is the throwing knife but i never bought mw2 i just play it at the homies sometimes. i still play cod4 cause its a better game just like most the people do...why not not bitch and play cod4 and not make a stupid thread about it?

#99 Posted by Dipstick (547 posts) -
@kishan6 said:
" @Dipstick said:
" @kishan6 said:
" @Dipstick said:
" @kishan6 said:
I can't believe I have to explain this.  You got upset because I called you "not the sharpest tool in the shed" without ever meeting you, and then you go and say I pick fight in real life without ever meeting me. You're doing the exact same thing you got upset at me for doing, thus I said it was ironic. "
omg... u dont get what im trying to say but w/e im over it how bout we just kiss and make up hmm? "
I didn't realize we were arguing. 
#100 Posted by ShockD (2401 posts) -

Tell that to The Online Gamer!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.