Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

Modern Warfare 2 reveal trailer is out!

• 68 results
    irishjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By irishjohn

Looks fantastic, I'm probably just letting hope triumph over experience but perhaps we'll get a longer campaign out of this one.

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By Alexander

The game looks amazing and it's all running at 60fps. In that respect it's unparalleled. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if this is game of the year - I know it's the only one I'm really excited for.

TheDoorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By TheDoorman

I am going to preorder this game as soon as i get the chance.  Cant wait for MW 2. Oh and snowmobiles ftw.

Teh_Eel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By Teh_Eel

Looks pretty good, hopefully the singleplayer is longer than cod4's and just as good or even better. As for multi-player I really dont care.

Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By Mrnitropb

Alas, poor Price, for we knew him well.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By jkz

Honestly who gives a flying leprechaun about the graphics, I just hope they mix up the gameplay a little more, with levels like the ghilli sniping level, maybe some stealthier levels.

To tell the truth, COD4s gameplay got a little old, and though the gunplay was tight, it just couldn't sustain my interest through the whole game had it not been for the superb story and slight variations in gameplay, such as the ghilli level
    Phaseshift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By Phaseshift

Looks like its gonna be alot of fun!

bulletbeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By bulletbeast

The first game was rated the best first person shooter ever. This is going to be a stunning game

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By jkz
    bulletbeast said:
    The first game was rated the best first person shooter ever. This is going to be a stunning game [more]
    I heartily disagree with that sentiment (best fps ever)
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By TwoOneFive
    jukezypoo said:
    bulletbeast said: The first game was rated the best first person shooter ever. This is going to be a stunning ... [more]
    well i do agree. 
    i have never played another FPS, OR GAME PERIOD, as many hours as i did the multiplayer on COD4. 16 days + and counting. 
    bulletbeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By bulletbeast
    @jukezypoo:
    What, u dont think its gonna be a brilliant game !?
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By jkz
    bulletbeast said:
    @jukezypoo: What, u dont think its gonna be a brilliant game !?
    Sir, I believe I made it perfectly clear that the sentemint I was disagreeing with was that COD4 was the best FPS ever, not that its sequel would be a good game.

COD4 had fairly tight gunplay, an intelligently told story, and engaging character and scenarios, but it was nowhere near the best fps ever.

Still, it's all about taste. I personally think that Counter-Strike is a far more well-crafted experience online, simply because of tighter controls and maps that create tension every match and don't dissolve into cluster-fudges. As for single player, there are plenty games that I believe were better, starting with deus-ex as a more recent example.

I'm not taking anything away from the game, it's an incredibly well crafted experience, but best ever, nowhere near in my opinion.
    bulletbeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By bulletbeast
    @jukezypoo:
    ok, "Sir", what would you say is the best FPS shooter ever?
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By jkz
    bulletbeast said:
    @jukezypoo: ok, "Sir", what would you say is the best FPS shooter ever?
    As I said, I'm not sure that I could label one game as the best ever. In recent memory, Counter-Strike I believe has better online, and Deus Ex/Half Life had better campaigns
    godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#65  Edited By godzilla_sushi

Wow. What a trailer! Nothing gets me excited like seeing him get airlifted out of an exploding building. All that new variety in the levels will be welcomed by me.

I don't understand how that trailer couldn't get even the most negative person excited.

Drebin_893 said:
    The graphics still look poor, and it seems like they're resting on their laurels.
    ....never mind.

Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#66  Edited By Zereta
    Jolly_Lolly said:
    Doesn't really look any prettier than MW 1, but it doesn't have to.Hopefully it is as good as the first ... [more]
    I think, personally, thats what makes this game standout to me. The risks they seem to be taking.

For example, most of the world hates Underwater levels in video games, I'm sure. And, sure enough, MW2 seemingly has one. Infinity Ward is out to prove to everyone that they can...and they will.

This will be the best game set in the Modern Warfare context.
    Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Zereta said:
    Jolly_Lolly said: Doesn't really look any prettier than MW 1, but it doesn't have to.Hopefully it is as good as ... [more]
    I don't know if they made the level to show people they could, or they made the level because it would be awesome, but I see your point. The Underwater level does usually suck, but I believe that they could do it right.
    Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Zereta said:
    Jolly_Lolly said: Doesn't really look any prettier than MW 1, but it doesn't have to.Hopefully it is as good as ... [more]
    It may not be an underwater level (for one thing, what would you be shooting?), although if done right it could be cool, it could just be a scripted in-engine cinematic where the SEALS breach a ship from underneath it to do their mission.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.