Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

Modern Warfare 2 Special Edition

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Robert Bowling just revealed via Twitter the special edition for Modern Warfare 2.

Here's the Youtube video of the unboxing:

Night vision goggles! Pretty awesome, can't wait to pick up this version!
    Avatar image for deactivated-5884be30433ec
    deactivated-5884be30433ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It will be very expensive no doubt.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By JJOR64
    @p4ddym1607 said:
    " It will be very expensive no doubt. "
    Agreed.  Looks sexy though.
    jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By jeffgoldblum
    @MasterOfPenguins_Zell: That community manager's voice annoys me.
    3 boxes!
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By mordukai

And here we are again with Activision and Infinity Ward playing favorites. You are still part of the problem. Here is one customer who won't be buying a copy of your game. I think instead my money will go towards Uncharted 2.

Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Fosssil

Looks cool. I didn't know that they were planning on re-releasing the original CoD for XBLA -- that's pretty exciting news.

MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mordukai: Yeah, that is annoying that they would exclude the PS3 version like that. >__> I don't have a PS3 yet, and even if I did, I would get it on my 360, but seeing them, obviously try and hurt Sony is annoying.

@p4ddym1607 said:
    And yeah, it probably will. Can't wait til they tell us how much it costs.
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Hamz

If I had to take a shot for every time he said 'badboy', 'edition' and 'game' I wouldn't be able to type this or see straight.

Nightvision goggles seem cool providing they actually do work. And by work I mean actually allow you to walk around in complete darkness and still be able to see fairly well. I'd hate for them to be some cheap shoddy product that doesn't really do the job that well or something that requires a lifetime supply of batteries to work for more than 20 minutes.

Any word on a price for this yet? Can't help but feel it will be somewhat more than the regular collector's edition price for most games.

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Out_On_Bail

Holy shit, NVG's?!  Count me in, for sure. I'm assuming this will come with a hefty price tag, but I want some NOD's!

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @MasterOfPenguins_Zell said:
    " @Mordukai: Yeah, that is annoying that they would exclude the PS3 version like that. >__> I don't have a PS3 yet, and even if I did, I would get it on my 360, but seeing them, obviously try and hurt Sony is annoying.

@p4ddym1607 said:
    And yeah, it probably will. Can't wait til they tell us how much it costs. "
    My guess is 150-180 smackers.
    Infinityslimit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Infinityslimit

Cool if this is more than 70 bucks tho no thanks.

Mattzz10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Mattzz10

I actually think just the hardened edition looks nice enough for me.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#13  Edited By RHCPfan24

Whoa, there is a lot of cool stuff there; it will most likely be pretty expensive. Did I hear that CoD1 is coming to XBLA? Seriously?! That is awesome!!!

JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#14  Edited By JackiJinx

You can get the basic game package, you can get the upgraded package  which includes an book of steel for only an extra $10, or if you send us a $100 donation, we'll throw in some night vision goggles absolutely free*!

ieatlions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ieatlions
    @Mordukai said:
    " And here we are again with Activision and Infinity Ward playing favorites. You are still part of the problem. Here is one customer who won't be buying a copy of your game. I think instead my money will go towards Uncharted 2. "
    Here we see uncharted playing favourites to the PS3.  There still part of the problem .  Here is one customer who wont be buying a copy of your game. I think instead my money will go towards a sandwich.
    fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By fugie7

this one i want to get it comes with some very cool stuff..

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By shadows_kill

im getting the hardened edition.... i really dont see the point to the night vision goggles.... i would never use them even tho its mostly for show but o well......

im hoping that the hardened edition is 70$ or less. i could see the other one being 120$

Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
    Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Agnogenic_delete

Really good night vision googles cost thousands of dollars. I doubt these would be very good but it is a neat idea.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mordukai
    @ieatlions said:
    " @Mordukai said:
    " And here we are again with Activision and Infinity Ward playing favorites. You are still part of the problem. Here is one customer who won't be buying a copy of your game. I think instead my money will go towards Uncharted 2. "
    Here we see uncharted playing favourites to the PS3.  There still part of the problem .  Here is one customer who wont be buying a copy of your game. I think instead my money will go towards a sandwich. "
    How can Uncharted play favorites to the ps3 when its a ps3 exclusive first party game? Its like saying Halo 3 is playing favorites to the xbox 360.

P.S- What kind of sandwich were you talking about?
    Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Out_On_Bail
    @Mordukai said:
    How are they playing favorites? He said this comes with "every single edition."  Also, your 'threat' of not buying it probably won't play a factor into their sales.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#21  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @JeffGoldblum said:
    " @MasterOfPenguins_Zell: That community manager's voice annoys me.3 boxes! "
    yep, i don't know why.
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By mike

I predict that those NVG's will be crap. Just you watch.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ineedaname
    @ieatlions said:
    " @Mordukai said:
    Here we see uncharted playing favourites to the PS3.  There still part of the problem .  Here is one customer who wont be buying a copy of your game. I think instead my money will go towards a sandwich. "
    Here we see sandwich playing favourites to hunger. It's still part of the problem. Here is a customer who wont be buying a copy of your game. I think instead my money will go towards a drink, potentially a coke.
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Out_On_Bail said:
    " @Mordukai said:
    How are they playing favorites? He said this comes with "every single edition."  Also, your 'threat' of not buying it probably won't play a factor into their sales.
    "
    I think he means they're playing favorites by not showing or even mentioning the PS3 version of the game. Robert mentions that you can play on XBL but not on the PSN, they are ignoring Sony altogether.
    Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Out_On_Bail
    @MasterOfPenguins_Zell: I don't call that playing favorites though, but ok I guess. I swear though, it seems like people find anything they can to complain about.
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Hamz
    @MB: That or they will do the job but run out of battery 'juice' within 20 minutes of use. So you end up buying more batteries than you have storage for just so you can watch the girl next door undress at 11pm every night except Thursday when she stays over at her boyfriends.....

Seriously that is all I can think of for people to use these for even if they do work. How many of us regular folks really need NV-Goggles? A nice selling point but not exactly something I'd want from a collector's edition for a game like this. I was expecting something a little more cooler that could be appreciated, not a gimmick.
    ieatlions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ieatlions
    @Mordukai said:
    " @ieatlions said:
    " @Mordukai said:
    How can Uncharted play favorites to the ps3 when its a ps3 exclusive first party game? Its like saying Halo 3 is playing favorites to the xbox 360.

"
    uncharted and halo 3 are playing favorites to their respective consoles

P. S - a huge sandwich ,
    P. P . S - a sandwich so amazing that its like eating nathan drake , mario , and master chef while ....... STUFF HAPPENS ! ...
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By mordukai
    @Out_On_Bail said:
    " @Mordukai said:
    "
    Don't you think I know that. Do you really think my ego is that big that me not buying this game will effect the enormous amounts of money this game will make. This whole thing of showing the only the pc or the 360 editions is just Activision's way of jabbing back Sony for the "TAG- You're it" game they have been playing lately. I am just sadden to see the developers being dragged into this childish game as I am sure that guy in the video got direct order from the high brass in Activision to only show the 360 version. 
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Out_On_Bail said:
    " @MasterOfPenguins_Zell: I don't call that playing favorites though, but ok I guess. I swear though, it seems like people find anything they can to complain about. "
    Yeah, but he does have a point. The last two iterations of CoD came out on the PS3, and I think some PS3 owners think that Activision is rubbing it in there face that they aren't talking about the PS3 version, if there is one. And sort of saying that they will do just fine with only the 360 and PC versions.
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#30  Edited By mike
    @Hamz said:
    " @MB: That or they will do the job but run out of battery 'juice' within 20 minutes of use. So you end up buying more batteries than you have storage for just so you can watch the girl next door undress at 11pm every night except Thursday when she stays over at her boyfriends.....Seriously that is all I can think of for people to use these for even if they do work. How many of us regular folks really need NV-Goggles? A nice selling point but not exactly something I'd want from a collector's edition for a game like this. I was expecting something a little more cooler that could be appreciated, not a gimmick. "
    Exactly. This "Prestige" edition is a serious waste of money. On top of being overpriced junk, there is nothing collectible about these limited editions of games at all, as evidenced by the Halo 3 Legendary edition.
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By mordukai
    @ieatlions said:
    " @Mordukai said:
    " @ieatlions said:
    " @Mordukai said:

"
    uncharted and halo 3 are playing favorites to their respective consoles P. S - a huge sandwich , P. P . S - a sandwich so amazing that its like eating nathan drake , mario , and master chef while ....... STUFF HAPPENS ! ... "
    A LION SANDWICH!!!!! But i think they are protected. 
    ieatlions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ieatlions
    @Ineedaname said:
    " @ieatlions said:
    " @Mordukai said:
    Here we see sandwich playing favourites to hunger. It's still part of the problem. Here is a customer who wont be buying a copy of your game. I think instead my money will go towards a drink, potentially a coke. "
     FANBOY ! 

and to Mordukai  yeah a lion sandwich ? but y just lion its actually a safari sandwich
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Ineedaname
    @ieatlions said:
    " @Ineedaname said:
    " @ieatlions said:
    " @Mordukai said:
    Here we see sandwich playing favourites to hunger. It's still part of the problem. Here is a customer who wont be buying a copy of your game. I think instead my money will go towards a drink, potentially a coke. "
    FANBOY ! "
    GTFO, all you do is come on here and talk about sandwich, I mean the colour of you name on the forums is radiating sandwich boy, its layer of letter on letter melded together between various of sandwichey topics you've created.
    Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Out_On_Bail
    @Mordukai said:
    Don't you think I know that. Do you really think my ego is that big that me not buying this game will effect the enormous amounts of money this game will make. This whole thing of showing the only the pc or the 360 editions is just Activision's way of jabbing back Sony for the "TAG- You're it" game they have been playing lately. I am just sadden to see the developers being dragged into this childish game as I am sure that guy in the video got direct order from the high brass in Activision to only show the 360 version.  "
    Ok, I can see what you mean. I still don't think it's a 'playing favorites' thing though. I think they are targetting the console that they plan on making the most money with. I also don't see how showing a picture of the Xbox version of the game makes any difference at all. Personally I plan on buying the PS3 version because I know that's the console my friends are getting it on.  I couldn't care less which version they show in the video because I know which one I will be buying. But I guess that's just me. 

I understand your argument, I just don't see it your way.
    ieatlions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ieatlions
    @Ineedaname said:
    " @ieatlions said:
    " @Ineedaname said:
    " @ieatlions said:
    " @Mordukai said:
    FANBOY ! "
    GTFO, all you do is come on here and talk about sandwich, I mean the colour of you name on the forums is radiating sandwich boy, its layer of letter on letter melded together between various of sandwichey topics you've created. "

@Ineedaname:  ur practicly getting a check from coke every month and ineedaname more like ineedtostopdrinkingcokecauseiloveitsomuchandimnotascoolasieatlions

PS coke or pepsi?

Avatar image for wallacethegreat
    WallacetheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 17

#36  Edited By WallacetheGreat

Awesome. Thanks to Infinity Ward I can now re-enact the end of Silence of the Lambs! :D

Wouldja!?

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Ineedaname
    @ieatlions: Coke, my gf drinks pepsi and everytime I try some I always think it has the tinge of a vodka based drink, now that's either the pepsi, or she's an alcoholic. Probably the latter to put up with my lame humor.

It says @ieatlions that should be @ieatsandwiches.
    JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By JoelTGM

lol so all the COD nerds are going to be walking around with NVGs.  I'm glad they don't give any in-game bonuses with the special editions, so I don't feel the slightest urge to buy anything more than the plastic box with the game inside.

ieatlions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ieatlions
    @Ineedaname: i know pepsi is for alcaholics and serial killers !
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DOUBLESHOCK said:
    " lol so all the COD nerds are going to be walking around with NVGs.  I'm glad they don't give any in-game bonuses with the special editions, so I don't feel the slightest urge to buy anything more than the plastic box with the game inside. "
    Darn right, I'ma strap em to one of my penguins faces, screw leaving it on Soap!
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Ineedaname
    @ieatlions: Hmm of the two she's probably a combination of both.

And also to have some on topic, I seen a picture of Soap on the front of a UK PS magazine, and he looks like the twin brother of Sev from Killzone 2.
    JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#42  Edited By JackiJinx
    @MB said:
    " Exactly. This "Prestige" edition is a serious waste of money. On top of being overpriced junk, there is nothing collectible about these limited editions of games at all, as evidenced by the Halo 3 Legendary edition. "
    Don't need game packages to prove that. Just ask these fellas. 

ieatlions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ieatlions
    @Ineedaname:  k well thats not very healthy and does anyone know if this is a prequel or a sequel cause i havent really been paying attention .
    SimpsonFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SimpsonFan

Good news for the peeping toms out there....

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#45  Edited By Diamond

Anyone know if these are gonna be infrared night vision like modern camcorders have, or real night vision?  I'm guessing infrared because it'll be a lot cheaper for them.

Not too keen on the infrared type, but it's cool being able to see through Coca Cola and watching remote controls light up.

edit : If you watch the video you can see what look like LEDs near the front.  Probably infrared LEDs...

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Ineedaname
    @ieatlions: It wont be when I send her after you.

However it's a sequel, Soap (SPOILER!) who died in the first has now taken Captain Price's role and is now the captain. So you're taking orders from him as oppose to playing as him.
    Pantalooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Pantalooney

I am buying the prestige edition, i always wanted Night vision goggles but never really shop for them, this is my chance+it comes with one of my favourite game and COD1.
    I expect the price of this to be on par with the legendary of halo 3

ieatlions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ieatlions
    @Ineedaname:
    UGG so gaz is still dead : ( OH NOES SPOILERS !  and u can't send her out her cause this is the middle of nowhere

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Ineedaname
    No Caption Provided
    @ieatlions: Yeah I just read my last post, and I'm surprised you got what I meant, that was so discombobulated.

Bar the eyes these could be brothers.

(Scaled in paint forgive the loss of quality)
    TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By TheHBK

Wow, I am definitely gonna get the Second tier one for sure, not sure about prestige though, have to wait and see about the price and functionality of the goggles.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.