Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

Modern Warfare 2 Wackiness

HumanityPlague

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By HumanityPlague

So, I like to play Modern Warfare 2 on PC.  It's not perfect, but is still fun.  I am (well...was...) only level 17, noob-toobing my way up the rankings.  I'm really not good at the game, and I usually average a 1:1 kill ratio.  So, I may kill 7 guys in a match, but get killed 7 times.  Some maps are different, but my ratio is fairly consistent, dipping when I get frusterated, or dealing with good players.

So, I got into a match a little while ago, with a group of people.  Selected my class, and spawned.  A curious thing popped up on the screen, "PRESS F5 FOR MENU", with it flashing.  Having never seen that option before, I hit F5, and it popped up this menu:

Level 70
    All skills unlocked
    AIM BOT
    Accolade unlocked
    Kill modifier

....yeah...that's new.

I scrolled (as much as I could) down to the "Accolade unlocked" and pressed it.  The guy running the map/server, was literally killing everyone within moments of spawning.  He had infinite airstrikes, bombs, ammo, etc.  So after about 3 minutes, the match ended, because his team one.  Got back to the lobby, and saw I had 4,000 of each accolade added.  Huh....

So, got into another match, and selected level 70.  Well, got out of the match again, after 2 minutes, then the guy nuked us, which was a first for me.  And..yeah, now I'm level 70.  It's funny how I selected a normal match, and got thrown in a match with a hacked server/cheat menu.  I would never have gotten to level 70 normally, but now that "I am", it's decent.  I missed having Claymore mines at least.

HumanityPlague

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By HumanityPlague

So, I like to play Modern Warfare 2 on PC.  It's not perfect, but is still fun.  I am (well...was...) only level 17, noob-toobing my way up the rankings.  I'm really not good at the game, and I usually average a 1:1 kill ratio.  So, I may kill 7 guys in a match, but get killed 7 times.  Some maps are different, but my ratio is fairly consistent, dipping when I get frusterated, or dealing with good players.

So, I got into a match a little while ago, with a group of people.  Selected my class, and spawned.  A curious thing popped up on the screen, "PRESS F5 FOR MENU", with it flashing.  Having never seen that option before, I hit F5, and it popped up this menu:

Level 70
    All skills unlocked
    AIM BOT
    Accolade unlocked
    Kill modifier

....yeah...that's new.

I scrolled (as much as I could) down to the "Accolade unlocked" and pressed it.  The guy running the map/server, was literally killing everyone within moments of spawning.  He had infinite airstrikes, bombs, ammo, etc.  So after about 3 minutes, the match ended, because his team one.  Got back to the lobby, and saw I had 4,000 of each accolade added.  Huh....

So, got into another match, and selected level 70.  Well, got out of the match again, after 2 minutes, then the guy nuked us, which was a first for me.  And..yeah, now I'm level 70.  It's funny how I selected a normal match, and got thrown in a match with a hacked server/cheat menu.  I would never have gotten to level 70 normally, but now that "I am", it's decent.  I missed having Claymore mines at least.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

That happened in my second match during that free weekend of MW2 on steam a long time ago.  Well, it was a little different.  You just got trillions of xp for your first kill, so you automatically got 70.

loopy_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#3  Edited By loopy_101

No dedicated servers = pile of crap. I skipped it entirely on the PC for that reason alone.

HumanityPlague

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By HumanityPlague

@loopy_101: It's still fine, or at least playable. I didn't like Black Ops though, it ran like garbage on my PC.

loopy_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#5  Edited By loopy_101
    @HumanityPlague said:

@loopy_101: It's still fine, or at least playable. I didn't like Black Ops though, it ran like garbage on my PC.

Black Ops is a HORRIBLE console to PC port. The amount of memory it chews at is absolutely ludicrous. Before I made my ram expansion, I had to play the game without shadows to avoid the game stuttering on me too much while online. Even with my 3GB boosted DDR2 Ram it struggles to play without chugging every now and then. All worth it for dedicated servers and mod support though, I wouldn't have it any other way.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.