Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

Multiplayer Video Analisys thread

raynate2022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By raynate2022

Here's my take on it so far.  All of this is just my guess of course

The customized killstreak perks: You will get 1 unlock credit for every prestige. Up to 15
    The Helicopter seen at :08 will be flyable. But with the addition of Lock-On Rocket Launchers, no big deal.
    The AA-12 grenade launcher seen at :08 will be a primary weapon and not a perk.
    BUZZKILL seen at :17 leads me to believe that there will be more realtime challenges or medals I.E Halo 3
    Heartbeat moniter seen at :20 will be a blue perk item since it's not seen on any other weapons.
    Lock on rocket launcher will help deter vehicle usage a bit more.
    at :31 in the middle of the screen you can see a + next to a blue box. I cant think of what that's for.
    Of course the addition of sticky grenades called "Semtex" is awesome!
    +50 points per kill in FFA? Not sure on that one

If I've missed anything or you spot something new please post. This game is gonna be amazing!!

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#2  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Wow. You certainly got more out of that video than I did. All I saw was awesomeness.

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Jackel2072

you have WAY too much time on your hands

raynate2022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By raynate2022
    @Jackel2072:  you could at least be nice to me Tom..lol
    DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By DanielJW

Yeah I think it looks great, this is one of those games for me that I see that, and I don't bother analyzing it, I barely watch it. I know I'm going to buy that game, and I know I'm going to play it like a madman. However I will say playing inside the helicopters would be awesome. I'm all kinds of excited for this launch.

Avatar image for incrediblebulk92
    IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By IncredibleBulk92

Thought I'd embed this for those who'd like to watch it

Also to react to your points:
    • I doubt the killstreak perks will be unlocvked along with prestiege.  That would cut off a lot of people from a lot of pretty cool content.  From the fact that it says unlocks remaining I'm guessing that instead of having to get to a certian level to get certain items you'll now be able to select which item to unlock instead
    • I also don't think that the chopper will be flyable but to be fair it does seem strange that it's there with such detail.
    • The possible AA-12 at 00:24 on the vid i posted seems to be a shotgun.  if you look carefully you can see a shell come down from the sky and 402 gets the kill with a plane icon
    • Also the player with the AA-12 is on the Ranger team
    • If I were balancing the game I'd put the heartbeat sensor on red dur to the power of being able to see any enemy close to you, but who knows really
    • From the start of the trailer where the player pulls out a laptop I think it's safe to assume that the player who's using the AC-130 is stuck huddled over the laptop and so cannot defend himself while using it.
    • UAV recon is still in
    • The AC-130 seems to have all 3 shot types available to it but also needs to reload.  
    • 00:32 FAL with Red Dot Sight

I think that almost all of the explosions in this trailer are actually causd by the AC-130, if you look they're all precended by shells from the sky
    Avatar image for deactivated-594edfbbc45ca
    deactivated-594edfbbc45ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It's an AC-130 gunship, not a helicopter which you can control in Call of Duty 4

Avatar image for deactivated-594edfbbc45ca
    deactivated-594edfbbc45ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also did anyone else notice at the end when the modern warfare 2 logo comes up there'a 1,2 and 3 symbol. Could this mean a trilogy?

The_Speedstah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Speedstah
    @Agent47CSim2: Not necessarily, those were seen in the first teaser as numbers on an elevator.

Anyways, looks quite good.  Dunno if anyone else noticed this but it seems they have a lot more destruction in the game; I mean smaller destruction, not buildings being blown apart just things like indoor objects, etc.  I appreciate it when a game has that, honestly it makes the weapons feel more powerful when it actually does something to the environment (particularly that for some reason).
    DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

Also notices the flares from the gunship...

Burns09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Burns09

Take a look at 402's character at the end of the video. Now if this game is anything like the first one's ,mp the characters will be outfitted according to there environment. Like when in an enclosed area the SAS and spetnaz wear gas masks, but in a large area they wear no gas masks and look different altogether. In the video 402's character is in an office, where in MW he would wear a gas mask, he is dressed for a large outdoor map and has a painted face. Also notice the other characters and the way they look , theres no real pattern. So this makes me think that in MW2 we will finally get customizable characters, something the majority of the COD community has been asking for.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By flaminghobo
    @Burns09: Customisable characters in Call of Duty would be BAD-ASS. There isn't enough customisation in multiplayer these days in my opinion.
    Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By Out_On_Bail

Nice, I never noticed the Ranger emblem at the bottom on the screen. Go Army.

raynate2022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By raynate2022
    @Burns09 said:
    " Take a look at 402's character at the end of the video. Now if this game is anything like the first one's ,mp the characters will be outfitted according to there environment. Like when in an enclosed area the SAS and spetnaz wear gas masks, but in a large area they wear no gas masks and look different altogether. In the video 402's character is in an office, where in MW he would wear a gas mask, he is dressed for a large outdoor map and has a painted face. Also notice the other characters and the way they look , theres no real pattern. So this makes me think that in MW2 we will finally get customizable characters, something the majority of the COD community has been asking for. "
    Very nice observation Burns..I never would have caught on to that. Outfit customization would be killer.
    Burns09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Burns09

Also at 0:33 the UAV in the top left corner goes out so that could be one of the unlockable kill streak bonuses.

raynate2022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By raynate2022

I also just noticed that you can see the AC130 on the radar, maybe a "Recon" like perk, similar to the one that WaW has?

_Phara0h_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By _Phara0h_

FFA = Free For All

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @Jackel2072 said:
    " you have WAY too much time on your hands "
    i watched the trailer once and noticed all of it. and besides, why the fuck are you going to insult someone for this? you clicked the fucking thread, therefore you were interested in the topic at hand. how about thanking him for analyzing it for you. Giant Bomb's golden rule is DONT BE A DICK!
    Cheapoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Cheapoz

Yeah there's no Heli in that sequence...

• Environments look far more filled out will smaller details
    • I can't watch this video enough times
    • Flares from the gunship look sweet
    • Gunship firing screen doesn't seem to display flares so maybe it's like a one-time-only save-your-life situation before the next missile hits?
    kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kmdrkul

God I hope there is none of the dumb character customization like in Vegas/Halo 3.  I'm not playing a Call of Duty game to play some dumb dress up game so the 9 year olds can ask every thirty seconds on video game forums what my character looks like.

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By FireBurger

I think the heartbeat monitor may be gun specific. I know that Game Informer talked about the gun in the mountaintop mission, so it may just be that one gun that has it. It may be a weaker rifle to balance it out.

vasta_narada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By vasta_narada

Unless I'm mistaken, I saw three unique emblems on the bottom-left. It might be a clue as to having some kind of three-team mode.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d08c7763570d
    deactivated-5d08c7763570d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Cheapoz: parked heli in the top left...

No Caption Provided

Cheapoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Cheapoz
    @Vasta_Narada said:
    " Unless I'm mistaken, I saw three unique emblems on the bottom-left. It might be a clue as to having some kind of three-team mode. "
    Unlikely, there were 4 factions in COD4, just 2 variations on good guys and bad guys.

There could be more than 4 tho this time.

Oh and about the parked heli? Didn't see that, but does the OP seriously reckon you'll be able to get in it and fly off battlefield style? I seriously hope not, I love the smaller firefight feel of COD4, vehicles suck.
    Avatar image for incrediblebulk92
    IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By IncredibleBulk92
    @jammyjc said:
    " @Cheapoz: parked heli in the top left...

No Caption Provided

"
    Heh, interesting that you posted that screenshot.  I always assumed that people were talking about the very similar chopper that enters the shot at 00:31.  Maybe the fact that 2 choppers show in in the trailer give a bit of credit to the thought that there might be controllable vehicles in the game.

Man I fucking hope there isn't, one of the worst things about games with vehicles in are people just standing around fighting over vehicles.  They just don't add anything to a game like Call of Duty that I think it needs.
    Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Osaladin

I'm more interested in the guns that will be available than the scoring.

JoshMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By JoshMan

as long as there are no vehicles it will be good

raynate2022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By raynate2022
    @TwoOneFive said:
    " @Jackel2072 said:
    i watched the trailer once and noticed all of it. and besides, why the fuck are you going to insult someone for this? you clicked the fucking thread, therefore you were interested in the topic at hand. how about thanking him for analyzing it for you. Giant Bomb's golden rule is DONT BE A DICK!
    "
    Lol..thank you for defending me bro..I really do appreciate it. But Jackel is a long time friend. He was just fuckin around :P
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By natetodamax
    @Jackel2072 said:
    GTFO now.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By natetodamax
    @kmdrkul said:
    " God I hope there is none of the dumb character customization like in Vegas/Halo 3.  I'm not playing a Call of Duty game to play some dumb dress up game so the 9 year olds can ask every thirty seconds on video game forums what my character looks like. "
    That would be my problem with it. What I would like is a customization option where you could equip different stuff that pertains to a certain faction. So for a Rangers character you would have US Army crap, and for the terrorists you would have terrorists crap.
    MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MKHavoc

Customizable kill streak rewards may make me consider prestiging.  I never saw the point in doing it in the last two games.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32  Edited By JoelTGM
    Sarge117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Sarge117

maybe the helicopter is a part of the scenery of the map shown?

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By kmdrkul
    @natetodamax said:
    " @kmdrkul said:
    " God I hope there is none of the dumb character customization like in Vegas/Halo 3.  I'm not playing a Call of Duty game to play some dumb dress up game so the 9 year olds can ask every thirty seconds on video game forums what my character looks like. "
    That would be my problem with it. What I would like is a customization option where you could equip different stuff that pertains to a certain faction. So for a Rangers character you would have US Army crap, and for the terrorists you would have terrorists crap. "
    I really don't get the point in it at all.  It's a FPS; you don't see yourself and it's not like you have time to glance at your enemies, say in your head "that's a cute pair of pants you got on there," and then shoot them. 
    Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Druminator

If there was character customization then each faction wouldn't look different unless you can customize them all which would be dumb. I think they do a good job at making each person different depending on your primary weapon and faction.

Burns09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Burns09
    @Druminator said:
    " If there was character customization then each faction wouldn't look different unless you can customize them all which would be dumb. I think they do a good job at making each person different depending on your primary weapon and faction. "
    The new Socom did something like that, you had to customize two characters. One a seal and the the other a terrorist. 
    Sarge117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Sarge117

@Burns09 said:

"@Druminator said:
    " If there was character customization then each faction wouldn't look different unless you can customize them all which would be dumb. I think they do a good job at making each person different depending on your primary weapon and faction. "
    The new Socom did something like that, you had to customize two characters. One a seal and the the other a terrorist.  "

Resistance 2 did that too, you made a character for the Humans and a character for the Chimera. I don't know about Resistance because I have not played Resistance online multiplayer.
    cloneslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#38  Edited By cloneslayer

I want to know more about hardcore mode. Hardcore mode is the only way to go.

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Druminator

Hopefully you do unlock stuff for prestige this time around to make it worth playing forever. I like how WAW gives you extra Create-A-Class slots but hopefully there will be more than that in this game.

cloneslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#40  Edited By cloneslayer
    @Druminator said:
    " Hopefully you do unlock stuff for prestige this time around to make it worth playing forever. I like how WAW gives you extra Create-A-Class slots but hopefully there will be more than that in this game. "
    I get why it did nothing in CoD4, because they wanted Prestige Mode to just give you... prestige. But at this point I think they have to give you something for it. And I think because of it you will see a lot less people who stay at 55 (or the new max) without prestigeing. 
    alterbridge9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#41  Edited By alterbridge9

Do you think instead of adding an extra Create-a-class slot per prestige level like in WaW they could add an extra attachment to your primary gun? I mean an MP5 with RDS and silencer would be awesome!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.