Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

MW2 is Techniocally Better, But COD4 Was More Fun

• 61 results
    Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#51  Edited By Pie

Its called a sequel, although I will say that the fact theres no cheats in MW2 rates it down in my fun factor

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Demilich

Personally I think all they need to do to make MW2 better is remove killstreaks and replace the current maps for CoD4 (and CoD4-like) maps.

u03mja3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By u03mja3

Im starting to wonder if i actually ever wanted a sequel to COD4. Now that I have played the evolution of the series in MW2, part of me thinks that maybe all this time I just wanted a few new maps and a patch or two for COD4.

NoXious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By NoXious
    @LiquidPrince:

Is it really a surprise? World of Warcraft is in the same position if you ask me.

The problem is that things tend to go stale, and MW2 didn't really change the gameplay - simply balanced it a bit [and unbalanced through insane kill streaks]. So of course it'll go stale and people will not love it as much as a new product like CoD 4.

imhuntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By imhuntad

Well, it may partly be the sequel feel hitting everyone hard, but I stand strong and am confident that it is not. With better maps and less OP Killstreaks the game would be great. I played for hours today and due to my sheer dominance over everyone, no one was able to get anything in the air. I still have to say that it wasn't even fun when I dominated 13-18 games in a row. I don't know what it is, but it's not fun. 

Note: I didn't even use the higher killstreaks. I use UAV, Counter UAV, and Predator missles. 3 - 4 - 5 FTW!

ShinjiEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#56  Edited By ShinjiEx

I tried the new stuff out altering my play style but it did not work for me so I went back my original COD4 play style an find it funner to play it that way. at the end of the day MW2 is to me like a massive DLC map pack lol.

Slippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57  Edited By Slippy

Oh, I agree. I've since sold my copy of MW2 and re-bought good old COD4. I just find MW2 too frustrating to play online - the balancing is all over the place and i'm dying far too much as a result of cheap kills. More killstreaks sounds like a cool idea for the first few games, but then the gameplay becomes totally altered as everyone sits back and camps to get them. And when they do get them, the skies fill with harriers and pave lows, predators rain down on people who can do absolutely nothing to stop them, on the ground the map becomes rife with sentry turrets, and to top it all off a nuke flies in to ruin the game once and for all. Many of the maps are crap too - COD4 had several classics, but the only things approaching the same level of brilliance in MW2 are Highrise and Terminal, and even they have their problems. Anything to do with Brazil in this game is garbage, be it the online maps such as Favela and Karachi, or the monotonous single player missions which I had to grind through.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By natetodamax

At least I like the game....

Indestined

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Indestined

I agree with the TC to a certain extent, I addor MW2 and I'm having a blast playing it... Particulary on multiplayer.

However I feel as if the maps and weapon load outs are not on par with Cod4, I miss my G3 and I was a huge fan of the MP5, *Still in this but it's not the same...* and where the hell is my Dragunov sniper rifle and the R700?

I miss Crossfire and crash, that's not to say Mw2 doesn't have some awesome maps it just feels almost lackluster on alot of them.

That's just my two shillings though so each to there ow :)

danguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By danguy

I would have to disagree with this, Modern Warfare 2 is funner as it added on to what made Modern Warfare so great.

u03mja3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By u03mja3

I have started playing MW2 with a more reckless style and I must say im having much more fun and getting more consistent KDR's (im averaging around 2:1 at the moment). Im using the UMP45 red dot sight and the striker. My perks are marathon, lightweight and steady aim pro. Killstreaks are UAV, Predator and Harrier. Basically I run around like a man possessed. Since I need fewer kills for the killstreaks rewards I am getting them more often. Also, so many people are playing conservatively that when I run around a corner at 100 mph they dont know what to do! I had two triple sprays and four double sprays in one match simply because I was running around so manically! Madness FTW.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.