Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

MW2 Poll - are you getting it on PC?

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By sweep  Moderator
    jim_dandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jim_dandy

I've lost interest.

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By ImperiousRix

Was always gonna get it on 360 and continue to look forward to it.

ZeroCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By ZeroCast

I can't say that I am NOT pissed by this move but fuck it, I am buying the game for the Single Player and the - now- shitty Multiplayer.    
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By ajamafalous

B.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Will probably still be playing borderlands anyway to really care

Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Oriental_Jams

I was always going to get the 360 version, based on friends getting it. Were I thinking about getting the PC version I would not have given a crap about the lack of dedicated servers or mod stuff. I've never been much of a PC gamer though, other than Battlefield 2 a good while back.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Hamz

Kind of lost interest in buying it at launch now. I enjoyed COD4 immensely on the PC, now I see MW2 is somewhat console-fied to the point I'm considering just getting it on the PS3 instead. But then apart of me is slowly losing interest in that game simply because so little is actually interesting me with it. The moment they announced death streaks I have to say I sighed a little and facepalmed. This is the issue with modern games, trying to make them more easy and accessible when we should really be rewarding good players for being good, not rewarding bad players for being bad.

To put it simply, if you get killed 5 times in a row by the same player then less QQing and more PewPewing. Being rewarded because you ostensibly suck at the game is counter productive. But hey the age of harsher online environments is over, now we've got fancy matchmaking to cure all our PC gaming ails!

Didn't you hear, Robert Bowling said it'll improve server stability, player enjoyment and reduce hackers!.....except VAC is not much better than Punkbuster ever has been. And a single person hosting a game with 32 people is going to be lag fucking central. That or they reduce the player count to something daft like 12 players per team at which point IW may as well announce they give up on PC gaming and are going console exclusive.

In fact I would have rather seen IW say "we're not porting MW2 to the PC" than see them do this ridiculous attempt at damage control and justifying what is a clear slap in the face of their many millions of PC gaming fans.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sweep  Moderator

It's interesting to see that currently over 40% of people intend to play on Console anyway. I have never had any reason to doubt IW so i'm going to assume they know what they are doing.

vindKtiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By vindKtiv

I always play Farm Simulators. You can't go wrong with those.

Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Ubiquitous

I was never going to buy it at release with Borderlands and Dragon Age on my plate, but I certainly was thinking of getting it later. With the absence of dedicated servers and modding support, I'm thinking that I probably just won't get it at all. There are many other games that I can give my attention to that I think are far more worthy of my attention and more importantly my time and money.

sdauz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sdauz

pre-order pc version from playasia, hoping some-one makes a pc dedicated server hack for the game...suck it IW!!!

sdauz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sdauz
    @Necrorrilla: dude they said that you can only play using matchmaking, so u wont even have a server list...
    sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sweep  Moderator

its also interesting to see just how important multiplayer gaming is in 2009. I thought the campaign in COD4 warranted a purchase in it's own right, and i'm sure MW2 will offer a similarly exhilarating experience. People are really willing to pass that up just because the multiplayer has been warped?

pwnasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By pwnasaurus

i dont like farm sims but i called this warfare is a console shooter play counterstrike if you want a real shooter i enjoyed the first warfare but the second pushes it too far without dedicaded servers... I just hope IW loses a fair amount of money on this so they can wake the hell up and give us our dedicaded back
    derekh1029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By derekh1029

I only found one negative and one positive with this whole thing. Other than that I don't see that big of a deal. First I will say the good thing. With this decision to stop the use of dedicated servers it will prevent me from entering servers hosted by douche Admins with stupid rules like no "NO RUNNING AND SHOOTING" and "YOU MUST BE ZOOMED DOWN YOUR IRON SITES AT ALL TIME" i also came across crouching only rules and no jumping. They just got really annoying and some nights that was all that was populated on other call of duty games. But the negative side of this is that I have met a lot of gaming friends and teamates on servers that I return to as favorites as well as meeting people that rejoin servers that I have run. I don't see something like that happening again because there is no way to be in the same server again unless you friend that person during that first time playing with them and partying up to join a game. Usually i wouldn't start talking to people and wanting to play with them until after a few matches or days of being on the same server.

conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By conker
    @Hamz said:
    "Kind of lost interest in buying it at launch now. I enjoyed COD4 immensely on the PC, now I see MW2 is somewhat console-fied to the point I'm considering just getting it on the PS3 instead. But then apart of me is slowly losing interest in that game simply because so little is actually interesting me with it. The moment they announced death streaks I have to say I sighed a little and facepalmed. This is the issue with modern games, trying to make them more easy and accessible when we should really be rewarding good players for being good, not rewarding bad players for being bad.  To put it simply, if you get killed 5 times in a row by the same player then less QQing and more PewPewing. Being rewarded because you ostensibly suck at the game is counter productive. But hey the age of harsher online environments is over, now we've got fancy matchmaking to cure all our PC gaming ails!  Didn't you hear, Robert Bowling said it'll improve server stability, player enjoyment and reduce hackers!.....except VAC is not much better than Punkbuster ever has been. And a single person hosting a game with 32 people is going to be lag fucking central. That or they reduce the player count to something daft like 12 players per team at which point IW may as well announce they give up on PC gaming and are going console exclusive.  In fact I would have rather seen IW say "we're not porting MW2 to the PC" than see them do this ridiculous attempt at damage control and justifying what is a clear slap in the face of their many millions of PC gaming fans. "

QFT Hamz, right on target!
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#18  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Yeah... I'm pretty sure that the majority of the posters here were going to get it on consoles. However, I can see how it sucks... badly for the PC crowd.

mthe1337one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mthe1337one

it's kinda funny too, because i was having an extremely hard time deciding between L4D2 and MW2.  as of yesterday i preordered L4D2, and i suppose i have to thank Activision for making that decision easy.  i'll wait until MW2 on pc becomes a budget title, cuz there's no way in hell i'm paying 60 beans for what is essentially a single player campaign experience now that multiplayer is gimped.

nrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By nrain

Console. Always.

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Binman88
    @Sweep said:
    " It's interesting to see that currently over 40% of people intend to play on Console anyway. I have never had any reason to doubt IW so i'm going to assume they know what they are doing. "
    It's not really surprising though, this site is primarily console focused and therefore the majority of it's userbase would obviously follow suit. 

I'm buying it on the PC, as I'm hoping the single player campaign will warrant the purchase. I can't see myself putting a similar few hundred hours into the multiplayer as I did with CoD4 though, and that's absolutely because of the dedicated server issue.
    End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By End_Boss

I'll keep my farm sims, thankyouverymuch.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By eroticfishcake

Never did care for it that much. I will end up buying it for PC when it's gets a lot cheaper. As for multiplayer, I couldn't give a flying shit about that it anyway.

TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheGremp

D...  Call of Duty is a terrible franchise. 

I'm extremely surprised by the number of people who were going to get it on the console anyways.  FPSs are worlds better on the PC. *sigh*

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By iam3green

i planned on getting it for the console. it does suck for the PC gamers out there that were going to be getting it for the PC.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By Snail

I suck at FPS games on consoles, and I won't be buying it for the PC because of what they're doing to PC gaming.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By Diamond
    @Sweep said:

It's interesting to see that currently over 40% of people intend to play on Console anyway. I have never had any reason to doubt IW so i'm going to assume they know what they are doing.

There's another poll here on Giant Bomb that has about 80% of GB forumers buying a console version of the game.  The way this thread is titled is slanting the poll.

It also shows a disproportionate amount of PC gamers visit Giant Bomb, but I think that's true for many forums.
    Zatoichi_Sanjuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Zatoichi_Sanjuro
    @Binman88 said:
    " @Sweep said:
    " It's interesting to see that currently over 40% of people intend to play on Console anyway. I have never had any reason to doubt IW so i'm going to assume they know what they are doing. "
    It's not really surprising though, this site is primarily console focused and therefore the majority of it's userbase would obviously follow suit.   I'm buying it on the PC, as I'm hoping the single player campaign will warrant the purchase. I can't see myself putting a similar few hundred hours into the multiplayer as I did with CoD4 though, and that's absolutely because of the dedicated server issue. "
    MW is like a 6/7 hour SP. It doesn't have much replayability, especially when you discover all you have to do on higher difficulties is rush to the invisible barrier to stop the enemies spawning. And for that price? No stores I know of accept PC games for trade-in either.
    Spitfire3775

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Spitfire3775

I don't like many fps on console. Also, the PS3 controller is sorta crap. I can see myself playing it on 360, but my pc is bomb and can handle it

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#30  Edited By rjayb89

Never intended to buy it, but I do no play farm simulators.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ArchScabby

HELL NO!

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32  Edited By Linkyshinks

I'm getting it on both, I was going to get the PC game first, but not now.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By JJOR64

If I'm going to get this game, it will be for my Xbox.

Zatoichi_Sanjuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Zatoichi_Sanjuro

Crops...AT...400...METRES...south!
     Crops...AT...400...METRES...south!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.