Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

My god these challenges.

Laharl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Laharl

1000 headshots
    2500 kills with each individual weapon(primary and secondary)
    up to 750 for some perks(danger close, one man army)
    1000 kills with killstreaks

Did Korean MMO developers come up with this?(they like-a da grinding) I know IW wanted the game to last but my god, it would take years to get every emblem and title.
    Anyone else think its a bit much? Maybe patch it down a little? Or am i asking for too much since they never do crap these days?

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By bed

some people have too much time and they're willing to do these challenges. i don't see why they should be patched down.  

hell, i know someone who got the 1000 kills w/ kill streak challenge

Laharl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Laharl
    @AjayRaz said:
    " some people have too much time and they're willing to do these challenges. i don't see why they should be patched down.   hell, i know someone who got the 1000 kills w/ kill streak challenge "
    Yea i just got 500 headshots with the intervention about to sigh a relief of finally getting that chore done only to see i have another 500 more to go, aaahhhh!!!!
    xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By xMP44x
    @Laharl said:
    1000 headshots

Did Korean MMO developers come up with this?(they like-a da grinding) I know IW wanted the game to last but my god, it would take years to get every emblem and title. Anyone else think its a bit much? Maybe patch it down a little? Or am i asking for too much since they never do crap these days?
    It's how to ensure someone remains a player of the game. Getting the 1000 headshots is nothing. Getting the 2500 however, is. It's not easy, but it's a great way to reward someone for playing the game a ton. Many people enjoy getting these challenges, because it is encouraging to see something you assumed to be difficult done. Some of those challenges are not overwhelmingly difficult. Getting 1000 kills with a Chopper Gunner or AC-130 takes time more than anything, because they're so bloody easy to rack up massive rewards with. Getting headshots is difficult with some guns, such as the ACR, seeing as it has no recoil to adjust into the facial area. With the F2000 though headshots are a doddle, but you don't get the gun for long. 

Perks such as Danger Close and One Man Army are not seriously difficult - the real tough one is SitRep. 750 enemy equipment destroyed (Claymores, C4, and Tactical Insertions) to get the emblem for that one. Very few people get that one legitimately. Enjoy the game though, and concern yourself with challenges second. ;)
    Laharl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Laharl
    @xMP44x said:
    " @Laharl said:
    1000 headshots

Did Korean MMO developers come up with this?(they like-a da grinding) I know IW wanted the game to last but my god, it would take years to get every emblem and title. Anyone else think its a bit much? Maybe patch it down a little? Or am i asking for too much since they never do crap these days?
    It's how to ensure someone remains a player of the game. Getting the 1000 headshots is nothing. Getting the 2500 however, is. It's not easy, but it's a great way to reward someone for playing the game a ton. Many people enjoy getting these challenges, because it is encouraging to see something you assumed to be difficult done. Some of those challenges are not overwhelmingly difficult. Getting 1000 kills with a Chopper Gunner or AC-130 takes time more than anything, because they're so bloody easy to rack up massive rewards with. Getting headshots is difficult with some guns, such as the ACR, seeing as it has no recoil to adjust into the facial area. With the F2000 though headshots are a doddle, but you don't get the gun for long. 

Perks such as Danger Close and One Man Army are not seriously difficult - the real tough one is SitRep. 750 enemy equipment destroyed (Claymores, C4, and Tactical Insertions) to get the emblem for that one. Very few people get that one legitimately. Enjoy the game though, and concern yourself with challenges second. ;) "
    Heh im actually the opposite, the 2500 was easy and the headshots are more of a pain. Either way i just think its a bit excessive just to get some pretty pictures to by your name, it doesnt feel difficult, it feels more like a long annoying grind. Asking way too much of the player i guess is another way to put it, people still play COD4 to this day and theres no titles or anything, yes challenges should be considered second as you put it but they should also be accessible and probable to the player and feel rewarding. This wouldnt be the first time developers said "ok ok your right that was a bit much, we will tone it done, sorry." or "ok we admit, this shit is downright impossible."
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#6  Edited By natetodamax

The pistol challenges are kinda ridiculous. Nobody is going to kill 2500 people with the USP, for example.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Karl_Boss

And the sad thing is most of the people who have them cheated in order to get them

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By iam3green

those are hard but if you play the game a lot and use the one gun it isn't bad. the most kills i have with the gun is the couple thousand one for emblem, it's the AUG one. 

i'm working on getting the mg40, mg240 guns and i'll prestige and work on other guns.

Bass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Bass

The 1000 kills with any killstreak aren't so bad unless you expect to get all of them. getting 1000 kills with the sentry gun or attack helicopter would be ridiculous. harrier, pavelow, predator missile, chopper gunner, and ac-130 are no big deal. Air strike isnt so bad either.

DrivingBj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DrivingBj
    @natetodamax said:
    " The pistol challenges are kinda ridiculous. Nobody is going to kill 2500 people with the USP, for example. "
    I have a friend who runs around with them akimbo with stopping power. He's really close to that title. But I agree that they are ridiculous and 98% of people will never get that title.
    Monopolized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Monopolized

I have 2500 with almost every weapon I use (5)  and I am only 5th prestige and I have 1000 with predator, Harrier, and Choppergunner.

Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Cramsy
    @DrivingBj said:

" @natetodamax said:

" The pistol challenges are kinda ridiculous. Nobody is going to kill 2500 people with the USP, for example. "
    I have a friend who runs around with them akimbo with stopping power. He's really close to that title. But I agree that they are ridiculous and 98% of people will never get that title. "
    Currently repping the 'M9' with the silver skulls call sign and the Crossed pistols M9 emblem. 

Took a while but god damn, the M9 is awesome.
    Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Example1013

Some challenges I feel are a little ridiculous. For instance, getting 40 FMJ kills with the Intervention? I've got probably 200 kills with that gun, and I'm only up to 6. It took me about 760 kills to get Mastery for the M4A1 (although I'm geting better at it, because it took less for the ACR).

I also think they should just give you the shotgun attachment, and remove that challenge entirely. Seriously. Why encourage noob tubing?

Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Raymayne

Almost all of the challenges aren't particularly difficult, just time-consuming. And that's the idea, IW appeal to the completionist in all of us and make us want to keep on playing until every single bar in the challenge pages reads "Done", it's probably the only reason I still play the game, just want to keep on improving my stats and getting more pointless XP from completing the never-ending stream of challenges.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.