Nukes, Marijuana references and now F.A.G.S?

  • 133 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Posted by Whitestripes09 (399 posts) -

This game is getting more and more ridiculous, it seems like its trying to attention from the press to sell it more. I honestly think this is becoming a very low quality game. I thought I was getting modern warfare 2 that had amazing single player and serious multiplayer. Instead the whole multiplayer seems to be like a whole joke! Yeah, i like comedy in games, but why would you put it an ad thats calling their fans fags? Whose runing Infinity Ward now?! A bunch of teenagers?

#2 Posted by Kblt (496 posts) -

What's bad about weed?

#3 Posted by natetodamax (19170 posts) -

What marijuana reference?

#4 Posted by fRAWRst (236 posts) -

the world needs more ridiculous
 
stop taking yourself so seriously

#5 Posted by Bucketdeth (8004 posts) -

Activision.

#6 Posted by ErgoProxy77 (550 posts) -
@Whitestripes09: I don't think their PR stunts will effect the quality of the game.
#7 Posted by Warfare (1632 posts) -

 I see it's cool to hate IW right now.    

#8 Posted by natetodamax (19170 posts) -
@Warfare said:
"  I see it's cool to hate IW right now.     "
Pretty much.
#9 Posted by Whitestripes09 (399 posts) -
@natetodamax said:
" What marijuana reference? "
The little call signs you can get theres 2 that are called "Blunt Trauma" and "Joint Ops" both of them have also a little marijuana leaf, it was confirmed in a stream of the multiplayer.
 
Yes, I do like comedy...But to put marijuana into a game that took itself seriously? Its like if they made it so you could put a marijuana leaf on your spartan in halo, It just wouldnt make sense at all.
#10 Posted by natetodamax (19170 posts) -
@Whitestripes09: Ah, I did notice that. I think that's just pathetic, because you know 90% of the people online are going to use the marijuana leaf.
#11 Posted by GeekDown (1170 posts) -

I have complete confidence in IW and I think they know exactly what they are doing...it will be good in the end.

#12 Posted by chstupid (806 posts) -
@Whitestripes09:
The marijuana leaf never took the quality away from the game.
#13 Posted by fRAWRst (236 posts) -
@Whitestripes09: i don't know if you know
 
but a good portion of gamers always enjoy weed
 
see all the 420s?
 
lots of people are douchebags
#14 Edited by MrKlorox (11205 posts) -
  @natetodamax said:

" @Warfare said:

"  I see it's cool to hate IW right now.     "

Pretty much. "
No, people are finally seeing COD for what it is. And some silly children who shouldn't even be playing the game anyway and don't know what they're talking about tend to want to back them up because it's their bandwagon others are talking shit on. 
 @fRAWRst said:

" @Whitestripes09: lots of people are douchebags "

This IS COD we're talking about here.
#15 Posted by Hailinel (23857 posts) -

Hmm.  Overpowered weapons, pot, and gay slurs.  Sounds like the stereotypical multiplayer douche.  I didn't realize that companies started recognizing them as a demographic, though.

Online
#16 Posted by GeneralTurkle (335 posts) -

So what? is it now that developers can't have fun and put out some funny ads?  Are we always critiquing people this bad?

#17 Posted by SammydesinasNL (840 posts) -

I was getting a bit doubtfull in MW2 a while back, but the infamy trailer and now deleted videos of youtube have reassured me. Yes, I have spoiled the story for myself, but for once I really don't care and I will still fully enjoy the game.
#18 Posted by natetodamax (19170 posts) -
@Hailinel said:
Overpowered weapons
lol
#19 Posted by MrKlorox (11205 posts) -
@Hailinel: Of course they have. The success of COD and Halo have always depended on their vast numbers.
#20 Posted by SolemnOaf (535 posts) -

Let this be a lesson to you all that capitalism and creativity cannot coexist.  The moment art becomes a commodity to be bought and sold it is no longer art, it is a product.  Every series that becomes too big and stops focusing on the art, and instead tries to fill their work with bullet points and advertisable features, becomes shit.  So it has been with Madden, Halo, GTA, and so it will be with MW:2:Big Red 3:Operation Nobody Cares.
#21 Posted by Suicrat (3764 posts) -
@SolemnOaf said:
" Let this be a lesson to you all that capitalism and creativity cannot coexist.  The moment art becomes a commodity to be bought and sold it is no longer art, it is a product.  Every series that becomes too big and stops focusing on the art, and instead tries to fill their work with bullet points and advertisable features, becomes shit.  So it has been with Madden, Halo, GTA, and so it will be with MW:2:Big Red 3:Operation Nobody Cares. "
Blow it out your ass, SolemnOaf. There have been millions of entertainers pleasing hundreds of millions of fans for hundreds of years and making sure they got paid for it too. Don't go decrying this as a failure of capitalism, that's total horseshit.
 
"O, this creative enterprise took a direction I don't like. But they're still getting paid, it must be the fact they're getting paid that I despise then, since there's no accounting for taste."
 
What horrible human beings Infinity Ward are for expressing themselves as they choose and getting paid to do it.
 
Wait a second, you're a living human being too, aren't you? Don't you want that same liberty?
#22 Posted by DanielJW (4915 posts) -
@Suicrat said:
" @SolemnOaf said:
" Let this be a lesson to you all that capitalism and creativity cannot coexist.  The moment art becomes a commodity to be bought and sold it is no longer art, it is a product.  Every series that becomes too big and stops focusing on the art, and instead tries to fill their work with bullet points and advertisable features, becomes shit.  So it has been with Madden, Halo, GTA, and so it will be with MW:2:Big Red 3:Operation Nobody Cares. "
Blow it out your ass, SolemnOaf. There have been millions of entertainers pleasing hundreds of millions of fans for hundreds of years and making sure they got paid for it too. Don't go decrying this as a failure of capitalism, that's total horseshit.  "O, this creative enterprise took a direction I don't like. But they're still getting paid, it must be the fact they're getting paid that I despise then, since there's no accounting for taste."   What horrible human beings Infinity Ward are for expressing themselves as they choose and getting paid to do it.  Wait a second, you're a living human being too, aren't you? Don't you want that same liberty? "
Now you've gone and done it. You've incurred the wrath of Suicrat.
#23 Posted by nrain (1274 posts) -

...the game will be good, that is all.

#24 Posted by The_Dude (798 posts) -

What the fuck, has the whole world gone FUCKING CRAZY, THIS IS OVER THE LINE! Its MW2 we're talking about here...the games going to be the shit, don't worry about it.

#25 Posted by limewizard (192 posts) -
@GeneralTurkle: I think you put it the best my good man. I mean, look at the new Army of Two adverts, as much as the first game was a bit daft, it took itself waaay too seriously. It's nice to see some companies poking fun at their userbase, and put a smile on others faces. 
 
On a side note, @WhiteStripes09 do you not think your nitpicking a little? People will forget about the advert anyway. And the leaves are there for decoration. Ignore it and enjoy the game.
#26 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -
@Whitestripes09: Can you explain the "F.A.G.S."?
#27 Edited by Ladnar (198 posts) -
@FunExplosions:
Fight Against Grenade Spam    
 
It was a silly video but I doubt the PR dept has much to do with acutally making the game.  Still hate them for removing dedicated servers but I play TF2 more anyway 
 
Was more surprised Cole Hamels would do something like that
#28 Posted by MAN_FLANNEL (2462 posts) -

Nerds complain about things that are not theirs anymore.  As soon as something becomes popular, they denounce it because the people they avoid (jocks, people who don't read Zelda books, men who wear flannel, etc)  become part of the community.  Nerds don't like this. 

#29 Posted by the_stig (234 posts) -
@Whitestripes09 said:
" @natetodamax said:
" What marijuana reference? "
The little call signs you can get theres 2 that are called "Blunt Trauma" and "Joint Ops" both of them have also a little marijuana leaf, it was confirmed in a stream of the multiplayer.  Yes, I do like comedy...But to put marijuana into a game that took itself seriously? Its like if they made it so you could put a marijuana leaf on your spartan in halo, It just wouldnt make sense at all. "
I really hope this is just some bad trolling Whitestripes09.  Blunt Trauma is a medical term also known as blunt force trauma or a non-penetrating trauma which can result from sports injuries or a physical attack.  Joint Ops is one of the most common military terms used today and guess what it means joint operations.
#30 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -
@Ladnar: I just watched it. Looks fan-made. How is that something to be mad about?
#31 Edited by gike987 (1747 posts) -
@FunExplosions said:

" @Ladnar: I just watched it. Looks fan-made. How is that something to be mad about? "

Because it wasn't fan-made, that why people get angry, if it was fan-made people wouldn't care.
#32 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -
@gike987 said:
" @FunExplosions said:

" @Ladnar: I just watched it. Looks fan-made. How is that something to be mad about? "

Because it wasn't fan-made, that why people get angry, if it was fan-made people wouldn't care. "
Well who made it?
#33 Posted by RollingZeppelin (1914 posts) -

All I can say to this and all the other whining non-sense is STFUAJPG.

#34 Posted by withateethuh (726 posts) -

I'm still wondering why people are complaining about the lack of political correctness in a video game about war and violence.

#35 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

I'mma just say this: Activision is advertising this game. 
Infinity Ward has never made a bad game, and from what I've seen from MW2, and from how much I loved Modern Warfare 1, I highly doubt Modern Warfare 2 will be anything but fan-triple-tastic.

#36 Posted by Whitestripes09 (399 posts) -
@limewizard said:
" @GeneralTurkle: I think you put it the best my good man. I mean, look at the new Army of Two adverts, as much as the first game was a bit daft, it took itself waaay too seriously. It's nice to see some companies poking fun at their userbase, and put a smile on others faces.   On a side note, @WhiteStripes09 do you not think your nitpicking a little? People will forget about the advert anyway. And the leaves are there for decoration. Ignore it and enjoy the game. "
Yes, im sure we will forget the advert,but im pretty sure were not going to forget about the nuclear bomb that "Joint Op" activated and magically won the whole game because he got lucky and was able to get 25 kills.
#37 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

Don't like it?  Don't play it. 
 
Problem solved.  There is no need to start a hate parade.

#38 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -
@Whitestripes09: Firstly, I doubt that if you have the nuke kill streak, you can't have any other kill streak. Secondly, if you have gotten a 25-kill streak, chances are incredibly slim that you're not already winning the game by a large margin. If not, it'd make a cool once-in-a blue moon thing that turns the tide of a battle. If someone has managed to be that lucky, they deserve to see something completely awesome like that.
#39 Posted by yakov456 (1899 posts) -
@Whitestripes09 said:
" This game is getting more and more ridiculous, it seems like its trying to attention from the press to sell it more. I honestly think this is becoming a very low quality game. I thought I was getting modern warfare 2 that had amazing single player and serious multiplayer. Instead the whole multiplayer seems to be like a whole joke! Yeah, i like comedy in games, but why would you put it an ad thats calling their fans fags? Whose runing Infinity Ward now?! A bunch of teenagers? "
I'm sure the game will be great, but it's sad to see them trying to appeal to the more immature gamers that play this. It's painful to witness.
#40 Posted by Kblt (496 posts) -
@yakov456 said:
" @Whitestripes09 said:
" This game is getting more and more ridiculous, it seems like its trying to attention from the press to sell it more. I honestly think this is becoming a very low quality game. I thought I was getting modern warfare 2 that had amazing single player and serious multiplayer. Instead the whole multiplayer seems to be like a whole joke! Yeah, i like comedy in games, but why would you put it an ad thats calling their fans fags? Whose runing Infinity Ward now?! A bunch of teenagers? "
I'm sure the game will be great, but it's sad to see them trying to appeal to the more immature gamers that play this. It's painful to witness. "
There's no more immature audience left to appeal. They all already play cod4.
#41 Posted by Absurd (2934 posts) -

People are taking this too seriously o.O

#42 Posted by limewizard (192 posts) -

 @Whitestripes09 isn't that the fun of the game though? Stopping that guy from getting all those delicious kills?

#43 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -
@Absurd said:
" People are taking this too seriously o.O "
Very much so.
#44 Edited by captain_clayman (3318 posts) -

yeah i'm sure the game is gonna bomb. 
 
psyche!  it's gonna be THE bomb.

#45 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -

Pretty classy, having weed references in what will likely become one of the biggest selling games of all time.  
 
Still though, the game is going to be ace regardless of all this crap that people are complaining about.  Except 50 Cent being in the game, that is just ruh-diculous.

#46 Posted by Symphony (1912 posts) -
@Whitestripes09 said:
" @limewizard said:
" @GeneralTurkle: I think you put it the best my good man. I mean, look at the new Army of Two adverts, as much as the first game was a bit daft, it took itself waaay too seriously. It's nice to see some companies poking fun at their userbase, and put a smile on others faces.   On a side note, @WhiteStripes09 do you not think your nitpicking a little? People will forget about the advert anyway. And the leaves are there for decoration. Ignore it and enjoy the game. "
Yes, im sure we will forget the advert,but im pretty sure were not going to forget about the nuclear bomb that "Joint Op" activated and magically won the whole game because he got lucky and was able to get 25 kills. "
Yeah cause lots of unskilled players got "lucky" and got a 25-kill streak in the first one amirite? They'd have to set their kill-streak perks to include the nuke so even if they got a 25-kill streak on a total fluke, chances are they didn't set the 25-kill streak perk in the first place and if they did, all the power to them for getting extremely lucky.
#47 Posted by pause422 (6172 posts) -
@Symphony said:
" @Whitestripes09 said:
" @limewizard said:
" @GeneralTurkle: I think you put it the best my good man. I mean, look at the new Army of Two adverts, as much as the first game was a bit daft, it took itself waaay too seriously. It's nice to see some companies poking fun at their userbase, and put a smile on others faces.   On a side note, @WhiteStripes09 do you not think your nitpicking a little? People will forget about the advert anyway. And the leaves are there for decoration. Ignore it and enjoy the game. "
Yes, im sure we will forget the advert,but im pretty sure were not going to forget about the nuclear bomb that "Joint Op" activated and magically won the whole game because he got lucky and was able to get 25 kills. "
Yeah cause lots of unskilled players got "lucky" and got a 25-kill streak in the first one amirite? They'd have to set their kill-streak perks to include the nuke so even if they got a 25-kill streak on a total fluke, chances are they didn't set the 25-kill streak perk in the first place and if they did, all the power to them for getting extremely lucky. "
While its not something that could be incredibily common, like 3-5 killstreaks, there are complete shit players in that game that could hide in corners camping the entire game and not die, no one really has to be good. But yeah, it will generally not happen all that often.
#48 Edited by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

IW is not trying to get attention.  
If the last game was as nearly hyped as this one is, then all the fanboys and videogames internet nerds like ourselves would have been treating cod4 the same way with all of this stupid leaked info. 

#49 Posted by Terjay (809 posts) -
@the_stig said:
" @Whitestripes09 said:
" @natetodamax said:
" What marijuana reference? "
The little call signs you can get theres 2 that are called "Blunt Trauma" and "Joint Ops" both of them have also a little marijuana leaf, it was confirmed in a stream of the multiplayer.  Yes, I do like comedy...But to put marijuana into a game that took itself seriously? Its like if they made it so you could put a marijuana leaf on your spartan in halo, It just wouldnt make sense at all. "
I really hope this is just some bad trolling Whitestripes09.  Blunt Trauma is a medical term also known as blunt force trauma or a non-penetrating trauma which can result from sports injuries or a physical attack.  Joint Ops is one of the most common military terms used today and guess what it means joint operations. "
Yep, but do those call signs need to have marijuana leaves associated with them?
#50 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

who the fuck cares, maybe it can help dissuade kids association with the leaf to the drug

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.