On a scale of 1 to 10, how excited are you?

• 168 results
#1 Posted by flyingfruit (63 posts) -

I don't think my excited-ness can be described by numbers right now, im practically shaking after seeing the launch trailer.
am i the only one?

#2 Posted by natetodamax (19220 posts) -

11/10

see what I did.

#3 Posted by MAN_FLANNEL (2462 posts) -
#4 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -

9/10. I'm pretty excited to play it.

#5 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

Seriously speaking, 10 being the most excited I could be?  I'm probably 2.5/10.  If I had the game in my hands for the first time I'd probably be around 7/10.  No insult to the game, but I've been more hyped in the past.

#6 Edited by Atlas (2457 posts) -

-37/10.

#7 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Right now, I am probably sitting at a 6.5/10. I preordered it and am definitely pumped to play it, but Infinity Ward isn't exactly leaving a good impression with me at the moment.

#8 Posted by natetodamax (19220 posts) -
@RHCPfan24 said:
" Right now, I am probably sitting at a 6.5/10. I preordered it and am definitely pumped to play it, but Infinity Ward isn't exactly leaving a good impression with me at the moment. "
Why?
#9 Posted by eroticfishcake (7792 posts) -

I'd say 1 out of 10. I love FPSs but I'm just not feeling this one at all. Like Diamond said, I'm not saying the game is bad but I've been more excited in the past.

#10 Posted by Teptom (2047 posts) -

I'm at about a 5/10 at the moment.

#11 Posted by Out_On_Bail (1549 posts) -

I'm pretty excited about it. I've calmed down a lot though with all the recent announcements about the game, but I'm still looking forward to it. I'd say 8.643/10, maybe 8.724, just maybe.

#12 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2543 posts) -

8/10.

#13 Posted by flyingfruit (63 posts) -

really?
man i thought there would be a bit more hype about this game

#14 Posted by Brunchies (2484 posts) -

I'm at a 3 out of 10. I can wait a good couple of months to play the game and still not care. It's probably going to be good but I have been excited for games coming out more in the past.

#15 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

maybe a 3 or 4. It looks like a great game, but not necessarily one that I will enjoy

#16 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -
@natetodamax said:
" @RHCPfan24 said:
" Right now, I am probably sitting at a 6.5/10. I preordered it and am definitely pumped to play it, but Infinity Ward isn't exactly leaving a good impression with me at the moment. "
Why? "
Well, all that PC shit is definitely a reason. On top of that, I was offended by the FAGS video they made as well as the airport scene that has been leaked. I probably will play that latter scene but I find it unnecessary.
#17 Posted by Inf225 (503 posts) -

6... I'm excited... but it looks like more of the same too me, which is fine... but not especially exciting...
#18 Posted by natetodamax (19220 posts) -
@RHCPfan24 said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @RHCPfan24 said:
Why? "
Well, all that PC shit is definitely a reason. On top of that, I was offended by the FAGS video they made as well as the airport scene that has been leaked. I probably will play that latter scene but I find it unnecessary. "
Why were you offended by the FAGS video? Just curious, because I found it more humorous than I did offensive.
#19 Posted by MKHavoc (1307 posts) -

About an 8 right now.

#20 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -
@natetodamax: Kevin VanOrd pretty much summed it up via Twitter yesterday. They just use the word "fag" as meaning something derogatory, a big misnomer in today's world/online community. And IW isn't even apologizing over it too. =/
#21 Posted by Griddler (3344 posts) -

8-ish

#22 Posted by AjayRaz (12477 posts) -

i'd say 7 or 8. the game looks solid, but i'm only really in it for the single player. multi player has not interested me at all so far. 

#23 Posted by blackbeard (309 posts) -

9/10 for MW2.

I think the only game I am a solid 10 for is GT5, which might seem odd but it is because I will likely spend a ton of time with GT5 when it comes out.

#24 Posted by natetodamax (19220 posts) -
@RHCPfan24 said:
" @natetodamax: Kevin VanOrd pretty much summed it up via Twitter yesterday. They just use the word "fag" as meaning something derogatory, a big misnomer in today's world/online community. And IW isn't even apologizing over it too. =/ "
That's true. I just know that when the game comes out, the lobbies are going to be filled with people either yelling "Hey everybody, join FAGS!" or saying "You spammed grenades, you stupid fag!"
#25 Posted by goth_bacon (88 posts) -

The US capital being invaded?  The airport massacre?  And now in FUCKING SPACE?!?!?!  Can this game get any more intense?  I'm predicting this will have one of the most epic campaigns ever.

Single player excitement 10/10

I'm not to keen on the multiplayer though.  I was never a big fan of the hectic nadespam/noobtube/martyrdom farce that was the MP.  Plus they are taking out the dedicated servers on the PC version.  Not to mention the even more ridiculous kill streak rewards.

Multiplayer excitement 3/10

#26 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -

-100000/10 

#27 Posted by flyingfruit (63 posts) -

I guess i underestimated the number of people that were buying this game for PC, cause it seems like thats everyone's main reason for not being excited for the multiplayer

#28 Posted by Gearhead (2251 posts) -
@RHCPfan24 said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @RHCPfan24 said:
Why? "
Well, all that PC shit is definitely a reason. On top of that, I was offended by the FAGS video they made as well as the airport scene that has been leaked. I probably will play that latter scene but I find it unnecessary. "
The PC thing kind of a damper, but I'm playing it on a console. The thing that has me totally pissed off and almost not wanting to even buy the game is the homophobic slur that I will not repeat video, that was not even fucking funny. Also, no party chat, really? 
I'm sitting a 3/10, and I've played all the Infinity Ward Call of Duties since the first on the PC.
#29 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -
@natetodamax: Yeah, that is really where I find the problem.

@Gearhead:
Yeah, exactly!! It really is immature and offensive. I am not at all super-pumped or anything like that right now because of all of this.
#30 Posted by eroticfishcake (7792 posts) -
@Gearhead said:
"The PC thing kind of a damper, but I'm playing it on a console. The thing that has me totally pissed off and almost not wanting to even buy the game is the homophobic slur that I will not repeat video, that was not even fucking funny. Also, no party chat, really?  I'm sitting a 3/10, and I've played all the Infinity Ward Call of Duties since the first on the PC. "
My sentiments exactly. That plus the fact that I find the word to be incredibly generic to use. I prefer more colourful language but that's just me. (Not that I encourage insulting other people unless they find humour in it of course.)
#31 Posted by Kohe321 (3533 posts) -

8/10! I'm stoked

#32 Posted by spankingaddict (2740 posts) -

maybe 3, if im being generous...

#33 Posted by Gearhead (2251 posts) -

The word is terrible is on the level with the 'n-word,' or possibly above it. No matter what Infinity Ward's attempts were at making the joke funny, as Adam Sessler put it, "If there's shit around the side of my cake, I'm probably not going to eat the cake." The word only makes people who are gay think that they are below other people and society and that they should  hide this deeply personal thing. This type of bullying, which it is, only makes more kids or people hide how they truly are and to some greater extents, only furthers their belief that life is not worth living for.

#34 Posted by withateethuh (726 posts) -
@Gearhead said:
" The word is terrible is on the level with the 'n-word,' or possibly above it. No matter what Infinity Ward's attempts were at making the joke funny, as Adam Sessler put it, "If there's shit around the side of my cake, I'm probably not going to eat the cake." The word only makes people who are gay think that they are below other people and society and that they should  hide this deeply personal thing. This type of bullying, which it is, only makes more kids or people hide how they truly are and to some greater extents, only furthers their belief that life is not worth living for. "
Somehow I doubt a very subtle use of a discriminating slur is going to do that much to a person. I'm sick of people caring more about being politically correct instead of taking real world actions to promote something like tolerance and acceptance.
#35 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

I can't choose zero?

#36 Edited by lamegame621 (975 posts) -

PC stuff sucks, but regardless I'm buying it on PC.

Still a solid 10/10

#37 Posted by Jeust (10860 posts) -
#38 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

On 'FAGS', did anybody find last nights episode of South Park to be relevant at all? (It might not work for residents outside of North America)

edit: ah I'll guess I'll make a new topic

#39 Posted by ysselzor (75 posts) -

on Monday night i will be 10/10 
 for now i am probably at 7

i am playing cod 4 right now

#40 Posted by TheHBK (5563 posts) -

I am not a fan of the music in the trailer, even though I think eminem is great and all, his music has really fallen off.  But the space part?  Oh fuck, that had me jizzing in my pants.  This game is going to be amazing.  And to think, they will probably come out with Modern Warfare 3 in 2010 when Activision gives it to Treyarch.  So then we get Modern Warfare 4: Call of Duty 6 or something like that i n 2011.

#41 Posted by animateria (3265 posts) -

1/10

Didn't buy the first, don't plan on the second one either.

It's not the games fault, I just don't enjoy military shooters that much.

#42 Posted by Hannibal (863 posts) -

9/10. I don't think I'll be getting much sleep on monday.

#43 Posted by ysselzor (75 posts) -

o ya and the space part in the trailers is going to be crazy that is a total surprise

#44 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

About a 3/10 I don't care for it as I know what I'll get.

#45 Posted by DoctorTran (1575 posts) -

Probably a solid tenner.

#46 Posted by Pinkshley1 (453 posts) -

#47 Edited by r0k1ll (380 posts) -

39.642/10

You see what I did there

#48 Posted by joecoopsays (20 posts) -

i cant even ewplain my excitment for modern warfare 2. 100 out of ten. 5 FUCKING DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#49 Posted by Pie (7112 posts) -

About 6, I think its because we all know its going to be good and it isn introducing anything new. The reason I get hyped for games is because they might annonce a ultra game changing feature (87 bazillion guns, detective vision, that thing in conviction where you can take down fools all hollywood style, super powers, etc) and I just want to know if it will work or not

#50 Posted by Aaox (1657 posts) -

7/10. 
I am really looking forward to this game, but all of the stuff IW has thrown out there kind of leaves me with mixed views. I guess I'm easily influenced by other people's anger. I wouldn't go as far as to say the game has been marred by this, but IW certainly keeps offending people in a way that doesn't sit right with me.  
DON'T BLAME THE GAME 
THE GAME WAS FINE

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.