PC version now WORTHLESS. No mods OR dedicated servers!

#401 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

Are you all enjoying your collective circle jerk in here?

What worthwhile thing have any of you done beside raid every goddamn forum related to MW2 and spout your elitist bullshit? You guys are retards. The MW2 forum should be locked to prevent all of you idiots from continuing on your nonsensical madness.

#402 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

Your posts are so much more constructive, name calling and slapping any user who isn't happy with the game's state in the same pot, as if it even affects you. You're the ones who revived this thread, and this thread is clear about its topic so anyone can avoid it if he doesn't want to discuss those things and this thread is rather old from when the news first broke out. Flagged.

#403 Posted by Cymatics (90 posts) -

I dont think this will a big issue really. It's 2009, most have more then good enough connections to host games on pc games. I would however like to see dedicated server anyways, with match making, where the system picks a server to play on. 

#404 Posted by Kblt (496 posts) -
@Napalm said:
" Are you all enjoying your collective circle jerk in here?  What worthwhile thing have any of you done beside raid every goddamn forum related to MW2 and spout your elitist bullshit? You guys are retards. The MW2 forum should be locked to prevent all of you idiots from continuing on your nonsensical madness. "
PC users complain and it's elitist bullshit. Console users complain and it's A-OK SIR!
#405 Posted by Kazona (3068 posts) -
@Napalm said:
" Are you all enjoying your collective circle jerk in here?  What worthwhile thing have any of you done beside raid every goddamn forum related to MW2 and spout your elitist bullshit? You guys are retards. The MW2 forum should be locked to prevent all of you idiots from continuing on your nonsensical madness. "
And what worthwhile thing have you done? And no, insulting others doesn't count ;)
#406 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -
@Kazona said:
  "And what worthwhile thing have you done? And no, insulting others doesn't count ;) "
MY PS3 IS CURING CANCER THAT'S WHAT!
#407 Posted by Kblt (496 posts) -
@TeflonBilly said:
" @Kazona said:
  "And what worthwhile thing have you done? And no, insulting others doesn't count ;) "
MY PS3 IS CURING CANCER THAT'S WHAT! "
>implying your ps3 has powers medicine industry is yet to discover 

#408 Posted by Kazona (3068 posts) -
@Kblt said:
" @TeflonBilly said:
" @Kazona said:

"
Quoting the pic because obviously TeflonBilly thinks he's Napalm.
#409 Posted by Kblt (496 posts) -
@Kazona said:
" @Kblt said:
" @TeflonBilly said:
" @Kazona said:

"
Quoting the pic because obviously TeflonBilly thinks he's Napalm. "
>implying quoting a pic is wise choice, sir, wise choice

#410 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -
@Kblt said:
" >implying your ps3 has powers medicine industry is yet to discover  "
Folding@Home baby!
#411 Posted by Kblt (496 posts) -
@TeflonBilly said:
" @Kblt said:
" >implying your ps3 has powers medicine industry is yet to discover  "
Folding@Home baby! "
>implying folding your toilet paper is not idiotic

#412 Edited by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

BUT FOLDING@HOME IS IMPORTANT!
WE'RE MAKING A DIFFERENCE!

#413 Posted by mhkjtha (429 posts) -

when i install ati drivers it always comes with this folding@home crap i never even understood what it was/is :\

#414 Edited by Kblt (496 posts) -

@TeflonBilly:

>implying GODDOMNOT, FRONK

#415 Posted by DragoonKain1687 (702 posts) -

I don´t know what to say. For starters, removing such features is ...."sad" in a sort of way. 
No dedicated servers, specially in a PC game is really weird. It cuts the advantage of choosing a server that best fits you so that you could play with people with low ping. Now we will have to let it be random. Again. 
I don't know whats the point.

Though the biggest "treason" in my honest opinion, is the lack of mod support. PC games have a sweet gift from heaven, and its called MODS. Was it not for mods, CTF, TMD, KotH, L4D, DotA, etc would not exist today. Dropping mod support in a game this big is not a good move. 

Still, the game is going to be amazing. I will be getting it on the PS3, since my clan will also have it so we will be playing toghether. 

#416 Posted by casualterror (122 posts) -

What the FUCK!!! you are going to stop supporting a great delevoper becaues you can't cheat in mulitplayer. Well good we don't need Scum Shits like you play our games anyway.

#417 Edited by wolf_blitzer85 (5256 posts) -
@casualterror: It's not just about not being able to cheat, not that you really care anyway.
#418 Posted by StarwindX9 (145 posts) -

Hahahaha... 

sorry I shouldn't laugh seeing as I couldn't care less about yet another boring fps, but this drama has been rather entertaining

#419 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5256 posts) -
@StarwindX9: I shuddered when I saw this thread pop up.
#420 Posted by PsyFX (13 posts) -

Wanna see just how bad Modern Warfare 2 MP is?
Check out this  Feature Comparison Chart
C0D4 vs MW2.....  YUCK!!!!

http://undead.mygameclan.com/user/244066/gallery/432282/features.jpg

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.