Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

Power Levelling this Gangsta S**t

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By MikkaQ

Hey duderinos, I just have a quick request for y'all. 

I bought this game launch day on PS3, cause the Xbox ones were sold out, and as it turned out all my friends went with the xbox version. So I sold the PS3 version yesterday and now I gotta start over with my multiplayer levelling. Which kinda sucks. I wasn't too far, level 40, maybe 20 hours of gameplay... but I was a very occasional player. Anyway I got all weekend to play and I want to know: 

What's the fastest way to level up in this game. Hands down, I don't want any specific glitches, or camping tricks, because that shit is boring. I just want to the fastest game mode, and weapon set/play style to get my ass up back to 40 so I can get my desired class set up. 

Thanks!

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By toowalrus
    @XII_Sniper:
    The fastest way would probably go into 3rd person cagematch with a friend... But real gangsta ass niggas don't edit their cussin' (or 'power level').
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ee489577a60c
    deactivated-5ee489577a60c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Play demolition. It will go two or three rounds and each round give you xp bonus. I normally get 7 000 game bonus after each match. Also change weapons so that you unlock the challenges for many weapons, this gives a lot of xp. Until you unlock demolition play TD

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Jack268

I heard demolition is the best gametype, and having emergency airdrop+care package and sharing them unless its AC130 or chopper gunner is best. Best weapon is probably FAMAS up until M16 and ACR, blinged with RDS+Silencer. Hardline for red perk, so you can get more packages. The damage on AR's is so riddicolous you won't need more. Green perk should probably be steady aim. 

At least that's the setup that's most powerful in my opinion, it differs from person to person of course. 

I think Ground War is faster than demolition tho, I just read in some other thread that it was supposedly faster. If you can do ground war and get 11 killstreaks over and over that oughta be the fastest.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MikkaQ
    @TooWalrus: Guess they don't but I want tips, not mods' attention.  

@Jack268: Yeah I used to play Ground War back in COD4, but I guess I'll try a mix of both.  FAMAS is pretty badass, so I'll give 'er a shot. 

@toorima: Aaah I never thought of that weapon levelling trick, good call.

Thanks guys.
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MikkaQ
    @TooWalrus: Guess they don't but I want tips, not mods' attention.  

@Jack268: Yeah I used to play Ground War back in COD4, but I guess I'll try a mix of both.  FAMAS is pretty badass, so I'll give 'er a shot. 

@toorima: Aaah I never thought of that weapon levelling trick, good call.

Thanks guys.
    Potter9156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Potter9156

I did most of my leveling in Search and Destroy. You get 500 points a kill(opposed to 50 points in the other modes), plus bonus points at the end of a match. Or run around with Scavenger and a grenade launcher in Ground War.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MikkaQ

Alright, proud to announce that after playing a mix of TDM, FFA, Ground War and Demolition all weekend, I got to level 32, and am mostly caught up. I had waaay more titles though, and I still got another 8 levels till I'm caught up, but that's not bad for one weekend.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By iam3green

u can also play sabotage. the game is 20 minutes long and just hope that ur team mates don't plant the bomb early. my friend went 100 and 32 once. it was crazy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.