PS3 MW2 Bombing Run

#1 Edited by Skye (411 posts) -

MW2 Bombing Run! - A community game night

Tired of playing with clueless morons? Wish you could play with illustrious GiantBombers such as AjayRaz, Ze Forgotten,eroticfishcake, Girdz, Red12b and DanielJW? Well I'll be hosting regular Bombing Runs for the PS3 version of Infinity Ward's latest shooter, Modern Warfare 2.

Next Session:

DateTime (GMT)
Time (EST)
Time (PST)
Friday, 22nd January
 10:30pm 5:30pm 2:30pm

This week's MW2 Bombing Run Theme Song - Gortoz a ran - J'attends

Don't worry about the start time. It's just a rough figure to give people some idea when we'll be playing. You can join at any stage so it's cool if you can't make it until later, just make sure you're on my friends list. We play for a while anyway. Don't worry if you can't make the Bombing Run at all either. The runs are a regular thing so there's always next time, and sometimes a load of us just play anyway without scheduling anything. As long as you're on my friends list you'll get an invite.

The official Bombing Run Clan Tag is [CHIE], please use it when playing.     

How to participate

If you would like to join in, post your PSN Name in this thread and I will hit you up with a friend request. Alternatively you can just add me. My PSN Name is Pessh.
Check this thread periodically to stay abreast of any changes or additional details. 

Below is a list of GiantBomb duders who regularly play. I made the list so we all know who each other are, and so that you can play some games when I'm not around.
(Not everyone is on the list, I try and keep it updated but it's hard when you're as lazy as I am, and unless you actually play you won't see your name on there. Don't worry about it too much though, it's just so we know who each other are, as long as you're on my PSN friends list you'll get an invite.)

GiantBomb UserName
PSN Name
SkyePessh
Ze Forgotten
ZeForgotten
Shibbxyz
Shibbxyz
DanielJWWeUnsweatThem
AdamantiumiFrag
Red12bBlack_Scotch-
LaharlLaharl945
Sleepy_Insomniac
SuperSonicKirby
btmanbtman_17
Maa4208Maa4208
iam3greenmr_skittles123
DanceDanceKennypantsMyLovelyJumper
GirdzGirdzy
AngryBabyPenguinUncleMcNasty
BouzBouzinator
ZajtalanBrushedChrome
eroticfishcakeeroticfishcake
Juice8367Prolyfic_Fiasco
AjayRaz
AjayRaz
FaceBash33FaceBash
NinjaHunterNinjaHunter
RhombusOfTerror
Necron91
illmatic19
illmatic1927
Mitchcoop
Mitchcoop
juice8367
Prolyfic_Fiasco
DBZ1995
hasibd

#2 Posted by Skye (411 posts) -

I hope bumping is allowed.

#3 Posted by juice8367 (443 posts) -

What time in PST?

#4 Posted by Skye (411 posts) -
@juice8367 said:
" What time in PST? "
No specific time has been set as of yet. I've just been adding everyone and i'll invite them whenever they can get online.
#5 Edited by AjayRaz (12440 posts) -

holy crap! my name's on that list, but you didn't add me :(. 
i might be up for a bombing run tonight  
my psn is AjayRaz

#6 Posted by Azteris (810 posts) -

I'd be up for it. 

PSN ID: Azteris

#7 Posted by Skye (411 posts) -
@AjayRaz said:
" holy crap! my name's on that list, but you didn't add me :(. i might be up for a bombing run tonight  "
You didn't tell me your PSN name =P

Juice, i need yours too.
#8 Posted by AjayRaz (12440 posts) -
@Skye: just edited my post with my name, it's AjayRaz. sorry i didn't tell you! :( 
#9 Posted by Skye (411 posts) -
@AjayRaz: No problem.
#10 Posted by Skye (411 posts) -

I'm thinking we'll start at around 12am GMT/ 7pm EST/ 4pm PST

#11 Posted by btman (1038 posts) -

my psn is actually        btman_17          :P

#12 Posted by Skye (411 posts) -
@btman said:
" my psn is actually        btman_17          :P "
Those are GiantBomb account names =P

Already got you on my friends list anyway.
#13 Posted by stephengotlost (703 posts) -

I'll play! PSN: stephengotlost

#14 Posted by Skye (411 posts) -
@stephengotlost: Added
#15 Posted by marc (520 posts) -

I have to leave for work at 8:30 EST, but i'll be on before that if any of you are.

#16 Posted by Skye (411 posts) -
@marc: A few people are on already.
#17 Posted by DanielJW (4915 posts) -

I'm in. I'll be able to play from... right after I finish my chicken to... eightish.

#18 Posted by Symphony (1912 posts) -
@AjayRaz said:
" holy crap! my name's on that list, but you didn't add me :(. i might be up for a bombing run tonight  my psn is AjayRaz "
I expect to hear that you got the most kills in this event! Don't let me down!
#19 Posted by Skye (411 posts) -

Some of us are playing now.

#20 Edited by AjayRaz (12440 posts) -
@Symphony said:

" @AjayRaz said:

" holy crap! my name's on that list, but you didn't add me :(. i might be up for a bombing run tonight  my psn is AjayRaz "
I expect to hear that you got the most kills in this event! Don't let me down! "
I won't let you down! i'll be playing for you and jlrm01!  

@Skye: i'll try to be on at 7PM EST
#21 Posted by Skye (411 posts) -
@AjayRaz: Alrighty

There's five of us on now, just played our first game and did pretty damn good.
#22 Posted by Shibbxyz (285 posts) -

awesome time guys must do more stuff like this :D
ffa with riot shield n throwin knife so fun! xD

#23 Posted by Skye (411 posts) -

Wasn't the biggest turn out ever but it was a hell of alot of fun. 
Running riot in matchmaking and riot shields/throwing knives in private.
Thanks to everyone that played. We'll definitely do this again soon.

#24 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -
@Skye:  
Most defiantly, I just wish I had a bit of warning on the time, I was waiting at the rental store for an hour for some fuckhead to bring back the game, :( Otherwise, it was one of the best MP matches i've had since Killzone, 
#25 Posted by AjayRaz (12440 posts) -
@Shibbxyz: @Skye: @Red12b: that was awesome. thanks to you guys for some really great matches 
#26 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -
@AjayRaz:  

Haha, thanks for playing dude, at least I had someone after me so I wasn't last, haha
#27 Edited by Adamantium (885 posts) -

That was lots of fun guys! Thanks for setting it up and playing.

For anyone who wanted to get in but missed out, make sure to join up next time you can! Great players, great fun, and only a couple matches where our enemies used the Jav glitch!

I will catch up to you on KDR Shibbxyz~!  XD

#28 Posted by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -
@Skye: Clan tags? I'm surprised no one has suggested GiantBombers or I guess that's a little too generic.

Since all you guys are playing I think I'll join eventually. Soon I hope. PSN: eroticfishcake
#29 Edited by Skye (411 posts) -
@eroticfishcake said:

" @Skye: Clan tags? I'm surprised no one has suggested GiantBombers or I guess that's a little too generic.  Since all you guys are playing I think I'll join eventually. Soon I hope. PSN: eroticfishcake "

We used 'BOMB.' Very original I know.

Not sure if anyone is still playing. Alot of us (me included) stopped playing not so long ago. We'll be doing another one soon though.
#30 Posted by AjayRaz (12440 posts) -
@Adamantium: that guy was a fucking pain. i always charged at him and he blew me up XD  
Shibbxyz is a tank. especially at Search and Destroy 
#31 Posted by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -
@Skye: And here I thought I was thinking too narrow minded. Not changing it I guess huh? Then again I guess GiantBombers sound more like band then a clan.
#32 Posted by Adamantium (885 posts) -
@AjayRaz said:
" @Adamantium: that guy was a fucking pain. i always charged at him and he blew me up XD  Shibbxyz is a tank. especially at Search and Destroy  "
Yeah Shibbxyz is my hero at S&D. Hope they fix that glitch soon, but in retrospect, I'm really surprised that we only had those couple times we had to deal with it.
#33 Posted by AjayRaz (12440 posts) -
@Adamantium: yeah, and we still raped them even when they cheated. 
#34 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

I didn't even know this actually was going on :(

Teach me to forget checking back on topics lol. Glad to see folks had a good time though. I'm not sure how much longer I'll keep my rental copy of MW2 but if someone wants a game perhaps now or later on this week (assuming I still have the game by then) then feel free to add TheGreatHamzini to your PSN friend list :)

#35 Posted by Adamantium (885 posts) -
@AjayRaz said:
" @Adamantium: yeah, and we still raped them even when they cheated.  "
For real. We suicide bombed the suicide bombers. Just goes to show a Javelin can't beat a Giant Bomb!

... see what I did there?  ;)
#36 Posted by Skye (411 posts) -
@Hamz: Only announced we were doing it today...today lol. 
#37 Posted by Skye (411 posts) -
@Adamantium: Genius.
#38 Posted by AjayRaz (12440 posts) -
@Hamz: i'm gonna add ya. we gotta shoot some dudes in the face :P  

@Adamantium: ha! i get it!
#39 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -
@Skye: Ahh I see, that would explain it then. It is 5:17am here so I guess I was tucked up in bed when you decided to play :P

Ah well feel free to add me to your PSN friend list, perhaps I'll turn up for future PS3 bombing runs !
#40 Posted by Skye (411 posts) -
@Hamz: Will do.
#41 Posted by Shibbxyz (285 posts) -

Hehe i didn't even realise that there was gonna be a bombing run i just decided on playing some mw2 at midnight when Skye added me and then invited me to party :D

#42 Posted by AjayRaz (12440 posts) -
@Shibbxyz: haha really? well it's a good thing you came on because you sure saved our asses alot on Search and Destory :P 
#43 Posted by DanielJW (4915 posts) -

Haha yeah, this was lots of fun. Managed to win our Riot Shields & Throwing Knives game! :)

#44 Edited by Skye (411 posts) -

Riot shields in hardcore search was pretty fun too.

#45 Posted by AjayRaz (12440 posts) -
@DanielJW: haha, but my smoke grenades slowed you down :P  

@Skye: haha you killed em with that riot shield 
#46 Posted by btman (1038 posts) -

that was a lot of fun.  for the time i was there :(  ...wish my room mates didnt decide to have a party tonight...lot of fun tho ;)

#47 Posted by DanielJW (4915 posts) -
@AjayRaz: Running through smoke with a cracked shield is nigh undoable! :D
#48 Posted by maa4208 (80 posts) -

I'm up for it. 
PSN: maa4208

#49 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

add me we can hopefully do this. mr_skittles123

#50 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -
@Hamz:  
I will look forward to that Mr Hamz,

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.